Page 97 of 165 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2463

You look at that list of signings and we look pretty good. Hipgrave is the priority now. Gee it looks pretty solid. Garth has wasted no time in tying up a quality forward pack. Now a flyer and I’ll be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Bevan French is off contract at the end of this year. Comes from tingha and was a titans fan as a kid. I’d be going hard at him.

Rough estimate of players currently in Q-Cup: Elgey (600k) Latu (450k) Greenwood (400k) and Koni (500k?) add Cartwright to that (750k) that’s a lot of dough tied up. I can’t see Elgey being re-signed and Greenwood seems happy to milk the coin again next year, others will be dependant on lift in form. Only other concern is how much dough we have tied up in the forward pack, with the acquisition of Boyd as were desperately needing cover/quality in outside back and wing

I think we are ok for centres next year with Peachey, Copley, Hurrell ( terribly out of form this year) and Lee giving us 4 to choose from. With our forwards and halves on the coin they are we probably cant afford a strike centre anyways. needs to be value.

Wingers is a different story. I think Sami will develop and lock down a spot, but we still need maybe 2 more with the speed and power of the game passing Don by quickly meaning he will be goneski. don has been tremendous value on his min wage contract though.

So Sami on a wing, so we are scouring the game for Mahe Fonua 'tradesmen who will take their chance' types and up and coming athletic specimens in my eyes. one of each would be handy.

Inactive User

^^^ I also believe we have a highly heralded young Centre/Winger signed for next year from another club. Sorry I can’t name him though in case my mail is wrong or things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ I also believe we have a highly heralded young Centre/Winger signed for next year from another club. Sorry I can’t name him though in case my mail is wrong or things have changed.
    do you know the name? HS alluded to it earlier as well.

heralded as in rookie and yet to play, or has done damage already in NRL.

where Gideon Gila-Mosby at? I would froth if he came along.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

Froth indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

Come on bodsie, I’m intrigued now.

Inactive User

I am assuming it’s the same person that HS was referring to.
    I did see that post. But I don’t want to make a dick of myself.
    I’ll try and check my facts.

I think we are ok for centres next year with Peachey, Copley, Hurrell ( terribly out of form this year) and Lee giving us 4 to choose from. With our forwards and halves on the coin they are we probably cant afford a strike centre anyways. needs to be value.
    None of those except Copley can tackle. Scary.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 17-05-18 at 08:00 PM.

Geez you've gotta be excited to see Peachey in Titans colours next year. He's in very fine form.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Even scarier call considering Copley missed more tackles than any other centre in the NRL last year. Copelys form has been outstanding this year thus far I just hope he can get consistency in his game. But yes, all others have defensive deficiencies I dunno why we couldn’t pick up Leutele? He’s now reportedly signed with Toronto

Kevin Naiqama apparently going to St Helens which could deliver Ben Barba back to the NRL. Not sure if it’s a swap deal or what the go is, but if not do you all think he is worth signing?

Inactive User

^^^ I can’t cop a bloke with a DV history.

I know the obvious counter to me is what about Greg Bird however he was found Not Guilty by the Appeals Court of the NSW Supreme Court by 3 Judges and I followed that case closely and i genuinely believe his and Kate Milligan testimony.

Penrith must be laughing their a$$ses off at us for signing Latu & Carty.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    that's what coaches are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Kevin Naiqama apparently going to St Helens which could deliver Ben Barba back to the NRL. Not sure if it’s a swap deal or what the go is, but if not do you all think he is worth signing?
    I actually text'd a forum member about Barba today, he's in terrific form atm. Definitely worth getting back to the NRL, he's a player best suited to a squad that is near complete in terms of being a real challenge to the premiership which Titans are not.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]