Page 96 of 165 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The money may be in reserve grade but it's still in our cap. We have so many players off contract this season that I can't see us re-signing LG. Greenwood has stated he's happy earning in reserves. But with AJ, Copley, Don, Elliot, Hipgrave, King, Lee, Rein, TRD, Simpkins, Stockwell, Whitbread all off contract this year I'm starting to worry.
    Didn’t AJ re sign early this year for 3 years?

The ones there that worry me are King and Hipgrave. Lee, TRD and Elliot were always gonna fight for one contract extension and I’m confident Copley will stick around. We’re 90% of the way to signing another young outside back with some good accloades as well.

Do you mean you’re worried that we have so much coming off contract or that we may struggle replacing them? I’m thinking the latter but I guess the issues exist interdependently

AJ is locked away for another 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

The ones there that worry me are King and Hipgrave. Lee, TRD and Elliot were always gonna fight for one contract extension and I’m confident Copley will stick around. We’re 90% of the way to signing another young outside back with some good accloades as well.

Do you mean you’re worried that we have so much coming off contract or that we may struggle replacing them? I’m thinking the latter but I guess the issues exist interdependently
    Hail Sezer, this “young outside back with good accolades “, have they played NRL yet? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Hail Sezer, this “young outside back with good accolades “, have they played NRL yet? Thanks
    jamayne isaako, just guessing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Apologies, Brimson signed till 2020.

My concerns are the talk of Moses Mbye, signing an outside back plus re-signing the talent we have identified this year in the above mentioned. I agree King, Hipgrave and Lee, I'd also like to see Rein hang around and Stockwell as well, but beside that anyone we "let go" would still need to be replaced to field a team of 30.

Just hope the $ are there. Not complaining about our signings but hope it's all under control with the re-signings as well as the new signings.

Remember Matthews has activated his option in his favour next year as well. He has done well since coming here although the head injuries he is getting are a concern going forward.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

2.4 million for a prop who will be useless once the interchange gets dropped again, fark me I hate this club sometimes.

First Grader

Really hope we don't lose king or hipgrave. Both have so much potential.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by a_guest View Post
    2.4 million for a prop who will be useless once the interchange gets dropped again, fark me I hate this club sometimes.
    You are a Drongoes troll. Thanks for dropping by.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    What's with all the 4 year signings? Very dangerous territory of you ask me.
    I am wondering if it has something to do with players being able to negotiate a year out from expiry. On a 3 year deal you only have 2 years before speculation starts. With a 4 year deal you get 3 years and if the 4th is an option year you can flick him if he isn’t worth it.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Really hope we don't lose king or hipgrave. Both have so much potential.
    Agree but you have to let the Coach put together the squad he wants.

Titans keen to re-sign improving centre Copley
    Neil Cadigan
    Thu 17 May 2018, 02:01 PM

Gold Coast have made in-form centre Dale Copley their next signing priority after retaining his former Brisbane teammate Jarrod Wallace and snaring Canberra prop Shannon Boyd for four years.

Titans head of football Phil Moss has begun negotiations with Copley, who has scored four tries in his seven appearances this season at left centre.

The 26-year-old, who studies law part-time, was last season seen as a defensive weakness on the left outside Kane Elgey and inside several wingers used.

However, it is an area of his game that has improved enormously and he has probably been the Titans' most consistent back in between missing three games with a hamstring injury.

He has excelled since being under pressure for his position at the start of the season with Phillip Sami seen as an option at centre rather than on the wing.

"Digger is someone I have been very vocal about and I have a massive opinion of and I'd like him to stay on board," said coach Garth Brennan.

"I know there had been concerns about his defence but that might have been as much as fitting into the structure and combinations last year after he came here late.

"I use the same defensive structure he was brought up on and he is a lot more comfortable this year and has worked hard on it. He's been in tremendous form."

Copley has busted 26 tackles and made five line-breaks in 2018, half of what he produced all last season in 19 Telstra Premiership appearances.

He missed 44 of 210 attempted tackles last year and was ineffective in another 16, giving him an efficiency rate of 74.5%. This has increased to 82.7% in 2018 and he has made several crucial decisions on the left edge.

With the ball, his left-foot step, pace and strength have been potent.

The Titans pinned down their top retention priority in Wallace but have several squad members off contract including Copley, Keegan Hipgrave, Anthony Don, Brenko Lee, Kane Elgey and Tyronne Roberts-Davis.

However, they have secured an excellent nucleus for the next few seasons with Ryan James (2020), Wallace (2022), Jai Arrow (2020), Ash Taylor (2021), Kevin Proctor (2020), Morgan Boyle (2020), Max King (2019), Konrad Hurrell (2019), Michael Gordon (2019), Moeaki Fotuaika (2021), Bryce Cartwright (2021), Leilani Latu (2020), Alexander Brimson (2020), Phi Sami (2020) and Tyrone Peachey, who joins next year on a three-year deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we will be able to keep Copley as surprisingly he has been probably our best back across the first 10 rounds. Been so great at crossing the line and in 2018 he has burnt two of the best centres in the NRL, in Chambers and Roberts. He gave them a bath in attack and shut down everything they had in defence. If he can knock the injuries out of his game, he is a solid player. Fingers crossed we'll hear he has penned a new deal soon.

This 4 year block is possibly the most important in our history.

we have tied up Taylor, Peats, James, Wallace, Boyd, Carty, Peachey, AJ - basically the core of a really good yong team and we need to be a contender within 3 years, otherwise that 4th year when contract talks come around, if we are still a basket case a lot of these guys will move on to teams that can win a title or go for money and we will have to start from scratch.

If we can get into say top 8 next year, top 5 or so by following year, maybe win a final or two, and then year 3 or 4 be a genuine threat.... these guys will smell the next step, resign and remain the core, letting new players come into a winning team and culture and we can aim to keep a consistent top 4-6 presence year in year out.

no pressure Garth

p.s. i listed my 'core group' before the post above mine was posted. not copying, and it seems i could have added some more names.

this 4 years is KEY.

That's a better looking list that we have already re-signed. Thanks for posting that Bundy.

Glad King is signed for next year. If we can lock in Copley and Hipgrave i will be happy.

Based on the list in that article next year we can focus on retaining King, with Gordon likely to retire and probably letting Koni walk if Copley and Peachey establish themselves as our centre pairing.