Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I actually completely forgot about Peachey. At this stage he's either a 6 or takes that right centre spot, I guess? Must be in the 13 IMO
    Old mate Ali from Ali Rumours on FB was saying in the past day or two that Peachey may backflip. I know Ali is often wrong but saw it on Twitter some where as well.

I don’t believe it at the minute but see if it has legs.

IMO JWal / Boyd rotate with Boyle / King / Stockwell.
    Proctor/ James at seconds
    Arrow lock for mine.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Can they backflip now I thought the NRL changed the cooling of period to stop the players backing out of deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Old mate Ali from Ali Rumours on FB was saying in the past day or two that Peachey may backflip. I know Ali is often wrong but saw it on Twitter some where as well.

Arrow lock for mine.
    Ali is a complete goose with no idea and I cringe whenever I see his name on this forum. He's also a Penrith fanboy.

The entire salary cap rules and regulations were changed to stop backflipping after the DCE saga. Players get a 10 day cooling off period and that's it. If he was to backflip he would have to ask us for a release lol

Not sure about Elgey's chances staying with us after this year. If he does leave Shannon Boyd would basically just be replacing the 600k contract that LG's on now and would sorta make sense in terms of our cap position.

Twitter exploding and the idiots on the timeline bagging Brennan and saying we are spiraling downhill. Just ridiculous in my eyes as I reckon we are building quite a solid roster. I've been happy with most of Brennan's signings bar maybe Latu (who could turn it around) and possibly Cartwright if he doesn't up his performances. I don't see how Boyd makes us any weaker, he adds a bit of size and strength to a pack of toilers and hard workers. Sure we definitely need a fullback and a strike centre, but I'm sure Brennan knows this and he would be on the lookout. 2019 looking good.

Happy days. For once we aren't signing people at the end of the preseason.

Peachey to the centres if Brimson pans out. Good to have a versatile player like that. Wouldn't want to play outside Peachey though he is a bit of a ball hog.

First Grader

Would it be worth playing peachy at 6, have Gordon move to a wing and let brimson play fullback as the roosters done with mini a few years back?

Forward pack is looking pretty solid.....

Can Peachey play fullback by any chance?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Inactive User

With Brimson at FB which he will be as he will be a star there then I’m comfortable with the 2-5 being Gordon Hurrell Copley Lee. If those blokes get coached well and hit form they are all quality. Then you have LG or Peachey fighting it out for 5/8 and then all sorts of options for the forward pack and bench.
    This season isn’t going to be a ball tearer but there’s now every reason to be optimistic, support the lads to get some consistent mongrel into their performances and build for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Twitter exploding and the idiots on the timeline bagging Brennan and saying we are spiraling downhill. Just ridiculous in my eyes as I reckon we are building quite a solid roster. I've been happy with most of Brennan's signings bar maybe Latu (who could turn it around) and possibly Cartwright if he doesn't up his performances. I don't see how Boyd makes us any weaker, he adds a bit of size and strength to a pack of toilers and hard workers. Sure we definitely need a fullback and a strike centre, but I'm sure Brennan knows this and he would be on the lookout. 2019 looking good.
    Agree totally BT. I had no issue with Cartwright signing so I'd be a hypocrite if I bagged it now. It's always a worry when someone like Gould is happy to let a bloke go so easily and he has been a huge flop but I'm not sure anyone would have thought he would be going as bad as he is. Boyd's signing to me is a bit meh but we do need size in the forwards and he certainly has that. As others have said, a centre and a few decent wingers are a priority now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    With Brimson at FB which he will be as he will be a star there then I’m comfortable with the 2-5 being Gordon Hurrell Copley Lee. If those blokes get coached well and hit form they are all quality.
    Personally Bods I don't think Hurrell is quality and he isn't an NRL standard centre - well not if you want to win a comp anyway. I like Gordon at FB but when his time has come I don't really think he'd be that great on the wing putting his goal kicking aside, which I guess is a huge argument to keeping him in the team somewhere.
    I'll be interested in how this Brimson thing plays out. Good judges on here rate him as a FB but I liked what I saw of him in the halves last Saturday. If he really develops there I'd be loathe to move him especially if the alternative was LG back in the team.(I know we have been down that path before and I hope he comes good, but I have serious doubts.) Of course Peach is an option at 5/8 so at least we'll have options and versatility which is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Can they backflip now I thought the NRL changed the cooling of period to stop the players backing out of deals
    Has he signed a contract to backflip on is the first question
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Arrow lock for mine.
    Turn it up Bayside-Ali is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Turn it up Bayside-Ali is a joke
    Did I say I believed in it ???

Those saying we have a FB .... we have one in in Gordon. Hope he stays next year as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Im happy to get Boyd - with exception of Proctor who came form the top system in rugby league, Wallace, Arrow, King have shown you can improve and make your mark in our squad and i think Boyd can return to his best. This dude will be our only Australian international, although i can see a day in 3-4 years when our pack is similar to the dragons pack right now and we have 3-4 SOO and a couple of internationals in there.

As for exactly where everyone plays? I guess lazy option is to move james to backrow, but i think if Carty, Peachey, Hipgrave or whoever can come good and lock down that side, we keep James in middle and have a better rotation through the middle and someone will have to suck it up and come of the bench which ultimately serves the team and keeps us strong for the whole 80.