Page 93 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What a luxury the Tigers have to be able to drop Mahe Fonua for being late to training after his effort last week and still have Kevin Naiqama come in for him. Surely we can go knocking on some doors down there?
    i wouldn't take either. Both sideways signings IMO

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What a luxury the Tigers have to be able to drop Mahe Fonua for being late to training after his effort last week and still have Kevin Naiqama come in for him. Surely we can go knocking on some doors down there?
    I agree, and there’s talk of Tigers signing Curtis Rona and Naiqawam heading over to SL. They have so much cover and depth in outside backs (as do most clubs) which is exactly what we’re needing after securing our forward pack

Fonua has craploads of potential certainly wouldn’t be ruling him out if he ever became an option

Love Fonua but not his haircut ... another Koni with attitude.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Love Fonua but not his haircut ... another Koni with attitude.
    and hands.

love the new perspective on Lg / Taylor. it could ironically unleash each of them. Kane can just focus on simply moving team around, turning guys under etc.

Ash can pick and choose his moments and RUN a bit more.

hope its not too left field to try at some point. sometimes numbers on back are just numbers, but this time it could help clear their minds and clarify what their jobs are

@Badel_cmail - BREAKING: Titans recruitment drive continues with the club snaring Shannon Boyd in a $2.4m front-row coup. Four year deal. Titans to announce at 2pm today. @travismeyn

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    @Badel_cmail - BREAKING: Titans recruitment drive continues with the club snaring Shannon Boyd in a $2.4m front-row coup. Four year deal. Titans to announce at 2pm today. @travismeyn
    Can he play in the centres?

Forward pack building very nicely, we will have plenty of go forward next year. Happy with our centres but now we just need some classy wingers. And possibly a fullback depending on whether or not we keep Brimson at 6 for the future or move him to FB.

Raiders big man Shannon Boyd signs with Gold Coast on four year, $2.4 million deal
    MAY 16, 2018
    THE Gold Coast Titans have continued their multimillion-dollar recruitment drive by securing Canberra Test prop Shannon Boyd in a $2.4 million front-row coup.

News Corp Australia can reveal Boyd has agreed to terms on a four-year deal that will see him join the Gold Coast next year until the end of 2022.

The recruitment of Boyd come just 24 hours after the Gold Coast’s $2.5 million retention of Queensland Origin prop Jarrod Wallace this week, also until 2022.

The Titans will announce Boyd’s signing Wednesday afternoon.

Boyd, 25, played his 100th NRL match for the Raiders last week and will help form a promising forward pack on the Gold Coast next year.

The Titans have now secured captain Ryan James, aspiring Queensland lock Jai Arrow, Bryce Cartwright, Kevin Proctor, Wallace and Boyd for the foreseeable future.

The Gold Coast will also welcome Penrith utility Tyrone Peachey next season as part of coach Garth Brennan’s blueprint to turn the Titans into a finals force.

Brennan is assembling a squad he believes can turn around the club’s fortunes following just one finals appearance since 2010.

Boyd played four Tests for the Kangaroos in 2016, but did not play a part in Mal Meninga’s victorious World Cup tournament last year.

Boyd has been in top form this season.
    At 194cm and 122kg, the hulking bookend will add plenty of size and aggression to Brennan’s engine room.

Boyd was outstanding against the Titans just a fortnight ago, scoring the type of bargeover try that Brennan hopes he can deliver for the Gold Coast next season.

Brennan yesterday told News Corp the Titans could afford to accommodate both Wallace and Boyd under their salary cap for 2019 and beyond.

“If Shannon comes as well we could fit them both into our salary cap,” he said.

“It would leave us lighter in other positions but a front row with Wallace, Boyd, Ryan James and Jai Arrow is a handy rotation.

“Shannon has some real size so I’m excited at the presence he could bring to our forward pack.”

Our forward pack is pretty monstrous but christ we'd have to have the worst back five in the comp (Sami excluded)

Who will we lose? I hope our young guys don’t lose heart. Boyle, King and Fotuaika should also be encouraged. I would prefer Brennan to lift the team rather than grab headlines. Anyway, welcome Shannon Boyd, a bloke I like to watch play.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Our forward pack is pretty monstrous but christ we'd have to have the worst back five in the comp (Sami excluded)
    I don't mind Brenko and Copley out wide actually, and Sami will get better with age. It's just Don that is the main weakness. he's a great clubman and the "Is Don is good" thing has turned into a meme but for me he just doesn't offer anything to us besides being safe under the high ball. His kick returns are at a slow pace, and he hasn't seen much of the tryline this year. We need a bit of speed out wide.

EDIT: Also don't forget we have Peachey coming as well

Inactive User

Surely James is now a 2nd rower Fulltime

I'd have peachy, copely and Hurrell competing for the centres, brenko on the wing giving us size and Sami developing on the other wing, just sign a few young big fast wingers and a 6 if brimson plays 1 and elgey and Taylor can't combine

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I don't mind Brenko and Copley out wide actually, and Sami will get better with age. It's just Don that is the main weakness. he's a great clubman and the "Is Don is good" thing has turned into a meme but for me he just doesn't offer anything to us besides being safe under the high ball. His kick returns are at a slow pace, and he hasn't seen much of the tryline this year. We need a bit of speed out wide.

EDIT: Also don't forget we have Peachey coming as well
    I actually completely forgot about Peachey. At this stage he's either a 6 or takes that right centre spot, I guess? Must be in the 13 IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I actually completely forgot about Peachey. At this stage he's either a 6 or takes that right centre spot, I guess? Must be in the 13 IMO
    Going to be interesting where he plays that's for sure, actually has been a good 6 at Penrith but that could also be due to the fact that he's playing next to Maloney. I'd like to see him either at 6 or at right centre. Either way it'll be great to have a player of his calibre in the side. Explosive and electric player.