Page 92 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2463
    QLD Cup

I think we may be in the minority here teke and Bods..

I can see us losing him too though since he's off season this year. Manly would have him by now if they weren't in all sorts of cap drama. Given his highlights on YouTube and his last two games in Qcup, you would think that there would be more faith shown in a local junior.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I think we may be in the minority here teke and Bods..

I can see us losing him too though since he's off season this year. Manly would have him by now if they weren't in all sorts of cap drama. Given his highlights on YouTube and his last two games in Qcup, you would think that there would be more faith shown in a local junior.
    Manly just signed Tent Hodkinson.

I reckon Taylor is LG’s problem.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I reckon Taylor is LG’s problem.
    So do I for a number of reasons
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I think they're abit like Brooks and Moses, Taylor is sooky like Moses and elgey started off good and fell off, they're both dominant 7's at their best

I think LG's a natural 7 and Taylor is a natural 6 irrespective of every expert on the planet. The more responsibility Taylor gets the more he wilts. I also believe he doesn't read play very well and looks for opportunity rather than the big picture ... but then again, who am I?

brentread_7 - Big day in rugby league. Here’s a little bit of something interesting outside Cam Smith. Hearing Shannon Boyd will join the Titans. They’re putting together a hell of a forward pack up on the Gold Coast.

Wasn't worried either way but happy with that. Going to have an absolute monster forward pack next year with Wallace, James, King, Boyd, Boyle, Arrow etc. Finally some size and power to add to a pack of toilers. Now we need some backs to complement the forwards. No point laying a platform and having no class to finish it off.

Boyd on a huge mal dropping in at Snapper is definitely a ‘pass through’.

I saw some good and some bad things in Shannon Boyd on Sunday. Seemed to get beaten around the ruck and was a bit slow after about 10 minutes into his stints on the field. His size will be great for us but i still would rather Pappali.

still good though.

with Peachy coming id be happy with a development half, speedy winger and marquee centre.

I am with you Titanic. LG is a halfback and Taylor is a 5/8.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    brentread_7 - Big day in rugby league. Here’s a little bit of something interesting outside Cam Smith. Hearing Shannon Boyd will join the Titans. They’re putting together a hell of a forward pack up on the Gold Coast.

Brent Read a few weeks ago declared Jarrod Wallace will return to the Drongoes. The bloke is a total dill. Don’t get over excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think LG's a natural 7 and Taylor is a natural 6 irrespective of every expert on the planet. The more responsibility Taylor gets the more he wilts. I also believe he doesn't read play very well and looks for opportunity rather than the big picture ... but then again, who am I?
    I agree
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I would argue that there's not much of a difference with 5/8 and HB these days though. The gap between them is becoming shorter and shorter all the time. HB used to be the dominant controlling half and first receiver with 5/8 being the runner or second receiver but not a lot of teams follow that now. Its more to do with which side of the field they play and it doesn't matter as much whether you wear the 6 or 7 these days.

If Elgey sorted out his defence and confidence he could be a star, but I worry that we may never see that. I don't see us re-signing him unless he finds his way back in and excels. No way he would be on 500k with current form, going to have to take a massive pay cut and I don't know if many other teams would be after him. Ash although he has been quiet is actually doing fairly well stats wise compared to some of the halves who have been in the conversation for Origin. But he definitely has a lot of learning to do as well if he wants to be a premier half of the game, needs consistency.

What a luxury the Tigers have to be able to drop Mahe Fonua for being late to training after his effort last week and still have Kevin Naiqama come in for him. Surely we can go knocking on some doors down there?