Page 79 of 165 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2463

Just for clarification I was referring to Dave Taylor, the Dole Train remember him?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not sure if prop is the position we should be concerned with and not sure if Shannon Boyd is the right fit, especially for $700k+... Our forwards are actually decent imo with Arrow, Wallace, James, King, Boyle, Hipgrave etc. Although I suppose if Wallace goes we will need to replace him. Big money though so hopefully Boyd can get back to good form if he does come here (which looks very likely).

In my eyes we need to splash the cash in the outside backs. We have absolutely no strike out there right now. Sami has slackened off a bit, Elliot has better defence but no attacking strike, Hurrell has feet for hands at the moment and Don is a fan favourite and is good under the high ball but doesn't offer much on kick returns. We need to be on the lookout to pay big $ to secure some flashy outside backs. Look at the successful teams; Melbourne have Addo-Carr and Vunivalu, Saints have Aitken and Nene (grrr), Bunnies have Gagai, Inglis and Walker.

Right now we have the forwards to lay a platform, but we do not have the backs to finish the job and get the points. Bring back the days where the Titans had flashy backs in the form of Gordon and Mead and Rogers. Need to be focusing our spending on a 5/8 (possibly) and a few big money wingers/centres.

I personally felt better when the rumours of a new prop were circulating about Leeson Ah Mau. Given the problems with 3rd party deals at Manly I'd throw the bank account at Taupau (even though he is contracted till 2020).

As for Brian Kelly, his contract is up this year. He is listed as having a contract of $160K.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Would much rather see us chasing an aggressive enforcer, preferably one who can run as well eg Regan Campbell, Marty Tapau mould.

We also are in desperate need of a large fram hard running left winger. I feel a lot more confident with Elliott and Copley in left centre, if we can get a strong carrier back, it should put us in good position to start sets.
    Like nene McDonald?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Like nene McDonald?.....
    Love to have him back. I really don’t know why we let him go ? Also Taka as well he is still playing goo footy !! And on from that Brett Delaney is still playing in the SL and still plays well I’d like to see him come back.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

The decisions to let McDonald, Mead, Kelly and GL all must have been made on mushrooms.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Love to have him back. I really don’t know why we let him go ? Also Taka as well he is still playing goo footy !! And on from that Brett Delaney is still playing in the SL and still plays well I’d like to see him come back.
    Delaney, only our current crop of centres would call for such a desperate measure

He'd certainly bring a big body and experience
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Delaney, only our current crop of centres would call for such a desperate measure

He'd certainly bring a big body and experience
    The big body and experience would my reasons for Delaney.

Also what about Moz twins. Dogs would be keen to have them off the books and pay some freight as well ??!! Experience they have would be good.

The big body and experience would my reasons for Delaney.

Also what about Moz twins. Dogs would be keen to have them off the books and pay some freight as well ??!! Experience they have would be good.
    Both fairly over the hill imo bt

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Both fairly over the hill imo bt
    Might be true but could be good for a year or two !! Just ideas. Anyhow I hope Copley comes good soon enough to help in that area.

As someone else has asked maybe some one can enlighten us on what were the real reasons we lost Nene, GL , Kelly ??

Might be true but could be good for a year or two !! Just ideas. Anyhow I hope Copley comes good soon enough to help in that area.

As someone else has asked maybe some one can enlighten us on what were the real reasons we lost Nene, GL , Kelly ??
    I could be wrong, but didn’t they get pushed out because of fly boy?(Hayne)

Immortal

Nene and Kelly told they were not good enough

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Nene and Kelly told they were not good enough
    We had Kelly for another year on a minimal contract and when Manly offered him some Cheating the Salary Cap Manly $$$$ Henry agreed to release him.
    My memory with Nene was Canavan signed Sarginson mid season and that when St Merge offered Nene the dollars we basically couldn’t compete and offer him a competitive counter offer.

Which I guess means we told both that we didn’t think they were worth the money IE Not Good Enough

Thanks all for the info.

I couldn’t see Nene coming back after being punted - plus I’d be confident his price has gone up given his current form.

I must admit I’ve always thought the Morris boys always show passion - something we lack