Page 71 of 165 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2463
    First Grader

From the minimal couple of times I've seen Tom Opacic for the broncos hes looked alright. Unsure if he would be a good long term option but I'd assume he would come fairly cheap. Anyone else seen much of him in QCUP?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Perhaps a look at who is available come years end may be a better topic. Quite a few Gold Coasters in the list.

they mostly all suck....although most of them are better than TRD.

People bashing Sami after 7 rounds in first grade is really unfair imo. I am willing to stick with him for a while.

Copley also copping unfair criticism here - wasn't even a part of that awful performance the other night yet his name still gets dropped somehow. I'd have Copley in the centres over most of those nuffies in that list.

Weakest links are Elgey, Carty & Hurrell because neither of them can defend for their lives and neither of them are really offering a lot in attack either.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 23-04-18 at 01:27 PM.

Nothing wrong with Copley at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    they mostly all suck....although most of them are better than TRD.

People bashing Sami after 7 rounds in first grade is really unfair imo. I am willing to stick with him for a while.

Copley also copping unfair criticism here - wasn't even a part of that awful performance the other night yet his name still gets dropped somehow. I'd have Copley in the centres over most of those nuffies in that list.

Weakest links are Elgey, Carty & Hurrell because neither of them can defend for their lives and neither of them are really offering a lot in attack either.
    To be honest 101 I think all are better than TRD

Although not world beaters themselves, Javid Bowen and Tom Opacic can hold their own.

FIVE-EIGHTH

Blake Austin, Josh Cleeland, Lachlan Croker, Kane Elgey, Matt Frawley, Jack Johns, Adam Keighran, Lachlan Lam, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Jeremy Marshall-King, Dean Matterson, Shaun Nona, Curtis Sironen, John Sutton

HALFBACK

Mitch Cornish, Pita Godinet, Jackson Hastings, Christian Hazard, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Kyle Laybutt, Lachlan Lewis, Soni Luke, Aidan Sezer, Johnathan Thurston, Connor Tracey, Peter Wallace, Billy Walters

Interesting to see all the halves that are off contract at the end of the year. I don’t think there’s that much around that’d be worth going for other than Ryley Jacks. I’d maybe take Trent Hodkinson too if the price was right.
    Last edited by Dobes; 23-04-18 at 05:05 PM.

I think Peachey might be our 5/8 next year but I'm not saying LG isn't capable, I like him personally.

Out of the list there I would go after Leutele and Maumalo
    Leutele very solid at centre in defence and attack
    Maumalo has size and speed can get the sets starting with some good charges at the kick return but these are for 2019 season

We need 3 this season the only place I think we will find any are the NSW and QLD cups maybe SL
    I like Tui Kamikamica has size and big work rate
    Caleb Aekins plays FB and been very strong all season could be what we are looking for to take over from Gordon
    I know they have no NRL experience but who is there to get????
    I would even look at Whitelaw from the Seagulls

First Grader

Leutele and Ryley jacks would both be good pickups. However I don't think jacks would leave storm for anything less than a starting half spot. Having leutele in the centres and with peachy coming gives us a lot of possible backline options plus peachys versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Leutele and Ryley jacks would both be good pickups. However I don't think jacks would leave storm for anything less than a starting half spot. Having leutele in the centres and with peachy coming gives us a lot of possible backline options plus peachys versatility.
    I'd take Jacks over Elgey any day of the week. He's a solid half and a good defender too. I think Bellamy described it well when he said he brings a more calming influence to players on his side of the field as opposed to a rookie like Croft...which imo is exactly what we need...for that reason, and also to help take the pressure off Taylor.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 23-04-18 at 07:09 PM.

Good news for Titans fans - Gold Coast have formally tabled a mega four-year extension to Jarrod Wallace to keep him on the Gold Coast and away from the Broncos... who are luke-warm on the prop anyway. Wallace now expected to stay-put. FIRST on @7NewsBrisbane
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Good news for Titans fans - Gold Coast have formally tabled a mega four-year extension to Jarrod Wallace to keep him on the Gold Coast and away from the Broncos... who are luke-warm on the prop anyway. Wallace now expected to stay-put. FIRST on @7NewsBrisbane
    Great news that is, Wallace is a big part of this team. Him, Dark and Arrow are the cornerstones of our pack for the next few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'd take Jacks over Elgey any day of the week. He's a solid half and a good defender too. I think Bellamy described it well when he said he brings a more calming influence to players on his side of the field as opposed to a rookie like Croft...which imo is exactly what we need...for that reason, and also to help take the pressure off Taylor.
    Been impressed with what I've seen from Jacks but the only thing that concerns me about getting players from Melbourne is that somehow they turn to mud once they leave the Storm system. Look at how far Proctor has dropped in form. And I still am sitting on the fence with Elgey. He's a local kid with a heart of gold and gives it his all but he's no doubt a confidence player (when he is off he is well and truly off) and he still has defensive deficiencies. He's been better this year but still can't decide whether he's the player to lead us to the top.

First Grader

I wonder how much a "mega" deal is worth? 2.8m over 4 years? 2.6m?

$2.4 big ones

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Any chance of a link to this someone?
    Sounds like we are going to be paying him overs to stay.
    Has his form warranted $600k a year this year given a prop plays for maybe 50mins max per game?
    Threatening to go to the Drongoes surely raises alarm bells in our organisation and I’m wondering whether Wallace and his manager have just played us beautifully.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 23-04-18 at 08:23 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Any chance of a link to this someone?
    Sounds like we are going to be paying him overs to stay.
    Has his form warranted $600k a year this year given a prop plays for maybe 50mins max per game?
    Threatening to go to the Drongoes surely raises alarm bells in our organisation and I’m wondering whether Wallace and his manager have just played us beautifully.
    I think 600k is more than fair for a origin front rower. I think eels just sign junior Paulo for around the same maybe even 650k a season