Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Could it be Tolman?

Inactive User

^^^ we have two spots available
    My dream is we get both Tolman/Peachey on early releases from their contracts

That would be a quality outcome. I was thinking that Lawton leaving might open the door for an early signing of Peachey.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Fullbacks and Centres i agree, cant think of many half's that were blooded there at the moment, but i don't doubt there have been some, although i wonder if they were a taller / more physical than AJ and could handle it more?
    Slippery Morris is the only one that comes to mind. He was tiny.

Inactive User

Our very own club legend Mat Rogers spent many years as a little winger before getting closer to the action when he donned our jersey

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I’m sure Presto made his first grade debut on the Wing for the Chargers too didn’t he??

Slater was a jockey. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight ....
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Its not always size i agree, but those three were a possible immortal, a dual international and a Dally M Winner, thats pretty good company we are throwing AJ into.

also - Bods, i may have bagged Lawton the other day, but i didnt know then... i just dont rate him and havent seen him do almost anything in our jersey except get injured. played a decent game against Canberra last year from memory when everyone else was asleep at the wheel.

AJ and Rein>>>>>>>>>>> Lawton imo

Inactive User

^^^ Yeah those 3 examples are a bit special that’s for sure.
    Strategically I struggle to get my head around Rein being on the bench. Peats wants to be an 80min player, why sacrifice that when you can have a Brimson and have more options. Big question is can AJ cut it defensively?
    I recall HS last year saying that one of AJ’s biggest strengths is that he can hold his own in defence.
    Another option I guess is to have 4 forwards on the bench.

Immortal

HS is definitely correct in relation to AJ Brimson’s defence both from a technique and mind set perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ Yeah those 3 examples are a bit special that’s for sure.
    Strategically I struggle to get my head around Rein being on the bench. Peats wants to be an 80min player, why sacrifice that when you can have a Brimson and have more options. Big question is can AJ cut it defensively?
    I recall HS last year saying that one of AJ’s biggest strengths is that he can hold his own in defence.
    Another option I guess is to have 4 forwards on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    HS is definitely correct in relation to AJ Brimson’s defence both from a technique and mind set perspective
    I said that and then he got a little bit pumped in the trial v the Broncos

I'm sticking solid though - like most kids his age he just needs that experience playing against men.

If aj was good enough under the high ball and defensively then wouldn't you have him at FB with Gordon at left centre to strengthen our left side?

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    If aj was good enough under the high ball and defensively then wouldn't you have him at FB with Gordon at left centre to strengthen our left side?
    Not a terrible suggestion at all but I think the club might have a left centre up their sleeve before season starts.

I think in any situation AJ needs to prove himself at Qcup level before being realistically considered for an NRL callup.

I’ll happily bow to HS’s insight. As far as the other examples are concerned they weren’t stars then they were just pint-sized speculations.

With Roach out and Hingano gone Lawton has jumped up the queue somewhat.

Left centre up our sleeve? That’s a leading comment 1 week out.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-03-18 at 10:09 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I hope the club has a plan for FB after this season. Gordon has lost a heck of a lot of speed and burst. Reliable, sure. But certainly no excitement machine.... And if this rumoured centre up our sleeve turns out to be Joseph Manu (although he has predominantly played right side ), I'm going to need those Powerball numbers DB

Surely we're working on Peach to get that early release...

Let’s hope so HS as I just read that Lee is out til round 3 - 4 injured. I don’t want to see Copley in an centre anymore. Can you confirm if this rumour relates to a fresh signing or Peachey being released early?