Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    First Grader

I have renewed my membership even though I have swapped the coconuts from the Bahamas to the camels in Saudi Arabia. Just need to keep supporting the team and Brennan is making all the right moves at this early stage.

Great galloping sand demons WD, from the sublime to the ridiculous, when you get sick of living in a tent come and try the dumplings over my way
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Ditto-I’m renewing and am committed. There’s only one Gold Coast.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Great galloping sand demons WD, from the sublime to the ridiculous, when you get sick of living in a tent come and try the dumplings over my way
    Will do Titanic.

I checked and it seems I signed up for auto-renewal as well. So I am just gunna let things roll*.. I checked pricing from last year and it is $56 cheaper for me for 2018 (2 seats plus 2 free grandkids)

*New coach, no Hayne, no Bears..the only 2 owner options are both GC businesses (Go the Kelly gang).....things are on the up and up I say.

Just renewed the whole families membership, bears gone Hayne also and a coach who seems to know what he is talking about

Always renewing as long as Flogs like Florimo & Billy the wanker were put back into hibernation
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

I'm back for another season as well

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Always renewing as long as Flogs like Florimo & Billy the wanker were put back into hibernation
    In hybernation to white ant future unfortunate clubs.

So delighted to see them get kicked. The stuff these clowns said was disgraceful and based on imagination.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anyone else caught out with the auto renew that charges you a full renewal when you have previously paid monthly,,,,have no idea who's steering the Titanic at the moment but they don't respond to any messages..

Why is anyone paying for something they can't use for 4 months
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Anyone else caught out with the auto renew that charges you a full renewal when you have previously paid monthly,,,,have no idea who's steering the Titanic at the moment but they don't respond to any messages..

Why is anyone paying for something they can't use for 4 months
    I opted out of auto renewal and even got an email back from the membership guys to say that they had actioned my request. On Thursday I received an auto email saying that my membership had rolled over and the charge would be on my MasterCard! Sure enough the charge was there but I called them up and the charge was reversed within 24 hours. Sure the charge to my credit card shouldn't have happened but they answered the phone quickly and responded to an earlier email within 2 hours so I can't say that I have had the problems you have TP.

Email from the Club re the Members Xmas Party.

We are very excited to announce that RSVP's for the 6th annual Gold Coast Titans Members Christmas Party with the players are now open!

Join us at Warner Brothers Movie World on Saturday 9 December for fun- filled evening at thier White Christmas extravaganza!
    All members are entitled to bring 1 guest per membership held. So (for example), if you have 4 memberships under your name you will be able to RSVP for total of 8 people (4 members and 4 guests).

Please note, the system will not allow you to RSVP for anymore than 1 guest per membership held.

Timings (subject to change)

4.30 PM - Members Arrival
    4.45 PM - Members entry in to Stunt Show Arena
    5.00 PM - Player signing session
    6.15 PM - Signing session concluded, members to enjoy the park
    8.00 PM - White Christmas Parade
    If you RSVP prior to 27 November your tickets will be posted to you, after this date you be required to collect your tickets from Movie World on Saturday 9 December from the Titans collection point.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Seeing that it's pre-season and news is in short supply as we await the announcement of our new owners I trolled this out of my archives. A little something I wrote in June 2014 ... if you've got time, have a read and enter the debate

When is enough really enough?

For those of you with quality memories, go back to those days when you were in your own bedroom as a child. Things were so less complicated then although they didn'’t seem so at the time.

Choices of how to spend your spare time: which friends to play with; rugby league or surfing was a serious social statement; plus having to comply with your parents wishes; all these options conspired to make life seem incredibly complex. And then there were the times when the confluence of those pastimes became all too much.

“"Son, don’t forget to mow the lawn!"” reminded my father, followed by my mum's, "“tidy-up your room before you go out!"” The phone rings and my coach pushily demands, “"c’mon, we need a decent prop this season"” which in fact sounds tempting but my best friend just phoned with, “"far out man, surf's really pumping down at Pottsville, so I’ll pick you up in an hour."” But what about my homework? …Anyway, I'’m sure you get what I mean.

That was then and the inevitable explosion of frustration always took its vengeance out on my little sister. The same way that lava will seek out the soft spot in the earth'’s crust before it rains hell on humanity, I would find my little ‘blister’ and make sure that her life was more horrific than mine.

Then I grew up and things became truly chaotic.

I gravitated through university, had a good shot at playing and coaching rugby league, got married, divorced and married again. Learned about bills and mortgages and parenting. Watched as the entire world went online and political correctness took over from traditional values. Now life was complex all right… and just to add a little spin to this tale, I am doing the whole thing as an executive in the Chinese government in Nanjing.

One lesson life teaches you, though, is that you have choices and from the choices you make your life unfolds. You can’'t blame anybody else and venting, like I used to do so unreasonably on my sister, was totally unfair.

So where is the rugby league part of this rambling soliloquy?

Well, as a real live ‘old fart’ and respected member of the Chinese community there are two constants: the first is I can’'t rant and the second is that I must. An impossible conundrum you may think, however, the solution has always been in rugby league.

First it was on the field. Running, sledging and smashing other people was Vesuvius and Krakatoa combined, to my persona. Later it was from the coaching box. Shouting, scheming and manipulating allowed all that pent-up frustration to be released. And now, you may ask? I think it should be obvious it'’s the Titans. That's right, the NRL franchise perched out at Robina like a pimple on the bum of the Coast.

I am still a member of my childhood club the Burleigh Bears but old enough to have been a member of the original Giants and the Seagulls, I suffered through the joke that was the Gladiators, wept tears of blood when the Chargers were stabbed in the back and now…, now I am faced with a dilemma.

Not that long ago, the Gold Coast rugby league community rejoiced in the re-establishment of an NRL franchise in its backyard. It should have been obvious that something was not quite right when they chose an Americanised name for our mascot. The Titans!… What has that got to do with sun, surf and sand? Maybe it referred to the Japanese investment on the coast, as in “titans of industry”? Or perhaps the size of the majority owner’s ego;… a titan in his own mind?

Now, after seven plus years of mediocrity on the playing field and downright abysmal performances off it, it’s time for me to review my loyalties.

On one hand I am a local in all senses of the word except I live in China. Supporting any other club seems traitorous, however, I am fast coming to realize that my club doesn'’t care about me the member, or me the fan, or even me the paying public.

Once the NRL signed the most recent broadcast megadeal, Searle and his cronies no longer needed even one person to pay through the gate.

And I have voted with my feet.
    Just saying
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-11-17 at 09:44 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

'twas a good read, Titanic. Cheers.

Bring back the like button.....