Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

In Fiji time at our expense
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hayne has 6 weeks off as of yesterday. This won't be resolved until the last minute as usual.
    Why wouldn’t he sort it before he left ?

He’s as good as gone after telling the team otherwise . Twat

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Why wouldn’t he sort it before he left ?

He’s as good as gone after telling the team otherwise . Twat
    Because he draws a higher wage from the Titans so he will end up with more money by dragging it out to the last minute. It will prop his reduced wage that Parra are paying.

He's got to be released first and although 'done deals' may be common in the NRL, publicly 'taking the p1ss' shouldn't be allowed. I"m hoping the Titans stand firm if he does try and leave.

Now he’s on the NYC radar - that have buckets of $ so $1.2m is a drop in the ocean

Yea but they don't exist and may forever be a thought bubble and won't enter Super League for years at best.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

If he asks for a release simply Instruct him and his manager that he must pay us $180k as part of the release agreement.

After months of delays, Gold Coast Titans are at last on the verge of being sold

TRAVIS MEYN, Exclusive, The Courier-Mail
    December 2, 2017 3:34pm

PROSPECTIVE Titans owner Darryl Kelly admits his “patience has been tested” by the NRL’s sluggish sale of the Gold Coast NRL club.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the consortium comprising former chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle and ex-owner Kelly is on the verge of securing the Titans licence.

Frizelle-Kelly and the NRL are in the final stages of negotiations and an announcement on the sale could be imminent if the parties can reach an agreement.

However, the NRL’s reluctance to rule out pirate-loving investor Stuart McAuliffe’s bid could lead to a shock decision if negotiations with Frizelle-Kelly break down.

The NRL is planning to announce the sale on the Gold Coast this week, but that could fall over given the delays in finalising the sale which was originally slated to be completed by October 31.

The NRL has been weighing up the bids presented by Frizelle and Kelly, the white knight who rescued the Titans from extinction in 2013, against McAuliffe’s $30 million promise to keep rugby league’s professional presence on the Gold Coast.

Financially, McAuliffe has blown Frizelle and Kelly out of the water, however the latter believe they have a long-term plan to ensure the Titans survive in a volatile economic climate.

Kelly, who lost more than $5 million when the league assumed ownership of the Titans in 2015, said he remained committed despite the NRL’s lethargy in finalising the sale.

“We are still in the hunt,” he said.

“The patience has been tested but we are still there. We are committed.”

McAuliffe has compiled an attractive bid promising a commitment worth up to $20 million on top of the initial $10 million to purchase the licence.

The NRL has conducted due diligence on McAuliffe’s credentials following revelations his companies have been sued by the Australian Taxation Office.

The Brisbane-based investment fund manager believes he is deserving of the club despite being a relative newcomer to the NRL landscape.

“We have made our final submissions, so we’ll see what the NRL wants to decide on. We’ll soon find out,” McAuliffe said.

“I am very confident in our bid. We have put in a very strong financial bid, what I believe to be stronger than what anybody has ever put into buying an NRL licence.

“I am adamant rugby league can succeed on the Gold Coast. In sporting terms, there is no better TV product. It is condensed, fast, it’s very marketable.

“I believe the Gold Coast is best positioned to succeed because the region is attractive to an international audience if we market the club in the right way.”

The prolonged sale of the Titans has had an impact on the club’s day-to-day operations.

The club has been reluctant to assess its management structure despite learning of chief operating officer Tony Mestrov’s departure in mid-October.

Football department budgets could be affected by an ownership change and the club is on the hunt for an experienced recruitment manager.

After finishing 15th in 2017, sacking coach Neil Henry to replace him with rookie Garth Brennan, and farewelling $1.2 million flop Jarryd Hayne this week, the Gold Coast is desperately seeking stability.

And the finalisation of its ownership is the first pillar in rebuilding the fractured Titans.

If it's the Frizelle/Kelly bid I just hope they are buying in at fire-sale prices. They deserve to get the franchise at a reduced rate.
    If it's McAulliffe, I hope he has deep pockets.

No wonder the sport struggles to grow. This deal has taken way too long to get sorted. I realise they want to come to the right decision, but this time-frame is bloody ridiculous. It seems it's starting to test DK's patience as well.

Finals, World Cup, the CBA, Newcastle and the Dragons means they have been spread very thin considering the micro management style at the top. Next week will have to do and I worry between under-capitalization on one side and inexperience on the other. This is most likely the decision to be made.

First Grader

Who was responsible when the club was run into the ground last time and the NRL took charge? It was DK and Rebecca was It?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Who was responsible when the club was run into the ground last time and the NRL took charge? It was DK and Rebecca was It?
    That depends how you interpret their efforts. They inherited Searle's disaster and Kelly poured several millions (that number gets inflated with time) into trying to keep the Titans afloat.

Not their fault but I have the same reservations UTT because even with the NRL providing a safety net the club still made no money, had all sorts of issues and they made a whole lot of poor decisions. Not easy work but hardly an awesome performance either ... like a 5 out of 10.

Not sure if this is a sign of Titans ownership but Frizelle has become a board member of Sunland. Would have thought if they were taking over at the Titans that would be her focus. Just a thought but maybe wrong.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...fb75bb9242a85a
    Psmitty

I can’t take to the McAuliffe bid. It’s all a bit murky which is the very last thing we need. Almost reminds me of the Clive Palmer approach- throw money at it and she’ll be right. Thanks but no thanks . I’ve always been heartened by DK personal commitment and with RF they have a plan to entrench the club locally.

Like everyone - I just want it done so the club can just move forward. Once this is announced the sponsor announcement will follow.

Roll on 2018