Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Sitting in my car and right now spider Everett on radio is trying to kill our club
    That bloke is a mong and we know what his agenda is. The AFL put millions more in to propping up the Suns than the Titans will ever need and if any club on the Coast is in danger it should be them.

Spider can eff off back to Melbourne.

First Grader

Hes a flog, another segment i heard trashing the club the other day was luke bradnam and margo parker. Luke proclaims his gold coast through and through but hes another glory hunting bronco fan.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Hes a flog, another segment i heard trashing the club the other day was luke bradnam and margo parker. Luke proclaims his gold coast through and through but hes another glory hunting bronco fan.
    Yeah not sure I heard what you heard but I have heard them both before put in a less than half hearted effort to stick up for the Club of the listening area that pays their wages

Their behaviour is shameful

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....b35038e3da3d8e

Sorry to be a pain but could someone post this one?

Talk of killing Titans and Suns? I’ve had a gutful
    Rhys O’Neill, rhys.oneill@news.com.au, Gold Coast Bulletin
    September 2, 2019 12:00am
    Subscriber only
    COLLINGWOOD, it’s time to go. Hawthorn, you will merge.

And the Roosters, you’re heading to Perth.

You’d get shouted down very quickly if you sincerely suggested the above, yet apparently treating the Titans and Suns as a footy punching bag is OK.

Another week, another bunch of suggestions from elsewhere as to why the clubs – our clubs – must fold or relocate.

Those beating the “it’s too transient” drum, or those more sensibly pointing to results, probably need to make that doomsday pitch to the legion of five-year-olds on the Coast who, while understandably downtrodden, are future generation supporters of those franchises.

I for one have had a gutful.

Firstly, my five-year-old won’t let go of his Titans footy.

And he could not have been prouder than when he wore his Titans jumper to a game this season.

Did he care that the team lost that day? Well, yes.

But any fan worth their salt knows that the best time to stick with your side is when they are down.

The easy thing to do is jump onboard when they are winning.

Those five-year-olds on the Gold Coast merely need a reason to hang in there. A glimmer of hope to know that in a few years they could be tasting grand final glory.

So would the NRL like to axe the Titans, as has been suggested? Not if they want to crush the grass shoots emerging from the kids on the Coast.

Then there are the Suns.

A Herald Sun poll this week saw people in Melbourne vote like this when asked what should happen to the Suns: Don’t care - 26 per cent, Fold them - 52 per cent; Keep them - 22 per cent.

Try asking those fans who have been showing up to eight years of beatings what they think about that.

So those in Melbourne who may not have even been to Metricon Stadium are essentially telling those rusted-on fans that they have wasted their time. Talk about disrespect.

Until we see the proper fruits of clubs barely 10 years old, spare me all this doomsday chat.

- - - Updated - - -

I might give you my sign in details for the Courier Mail Bods. LOL

Inactive User

^^^^ thanks JB
    I used to have a subscription but they raised the price
    I’m glad in a way as the comments section of the News Ltd papers is a cess pit.

Finally we have a media guy speaking with passion

I like the headline but he's not really making any good statements besides "ask the kids if they want them to stay". He should be presenting more of an argument with population, crowd statistics during our good years, junior pathways etc. Nevertheless it's the right idea and the NRL would be stupid not to give us a last shot in the next couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I like the headline but he's not really making any good statements besides "ask the kids if they want them to stay". He should be presenting more of an argument with population, crowd statistics during our good years, junior pathways etc. Nevertheless it's the right idea and the NRL would be stupid not to give us a last shot in the next couple of years at least.
    I wouldn't ask my kids. They are old enough to see that nothing changes and they stopped coming with me a few home games ago.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I wouldn't ask my kids. They are old enough to see that nothing changes and they stopped coming with me a few home games ago.
    Only diehards are going currently which I estimate at 7000 genuine Titans rusted on nuts plus however many opposition supporters which means when the crowd is over 14000 then we are outnumbered.

We be just a little bit competitive again 8th-13th and your kids return and the number of Titans fans at each game jumps again to 14000 plus the usual vermin that lives here and goes to support the other mob
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-09-19 at 05:58 PM.

Only diehards are going currently which I estimate at 7000 genuine Titans rusted on nuts plus however many opposition supporters which means when the crowd is over 14000 then we are outnumbered.

We be just a little bit competitive again 8th-13th and your kids return and the number of Titans fans at each game jumps again to 14000 plus the usual vermin that lives here and goes to support the other mob
    Love your passion mate. Don't ever change. If the players cared as much as we do, then we wouldn't be having these negative threads.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Love your passion mate. Don't ever change. If the players cared as much as we do, then we wouldn't be having these negative threads.
    Thanks MT-I sometimes wonder when people say to me “love your passion” is a kindhearted euphemism for “your a deluded idiot”.

Just watching NRL 360 and it’s 4 blokes Kent Ikin Rothfield Badel death riding our footy team.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-09-19 at 07:10 PM.

Did anyone see the quick interview with Tannah on the news this arvo? Asked about the difference between Broncos training and us. Broncos more intense, controlled etc. Us, more relaxed. Wow.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Did anyone see the quick interview with Tannah on the news this arvo? Asked about the difference between Broncos training and us. Broncos more intense, controlled etc. Us, more relaxed. Wow.
    No but there you have it. Wow indeed.

Inactive User

There you have it on Controversy Corner from Phil Rothfield “I would fold the Titans and start a new club Redcliffe in Brisbane”.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Says a lot doesn't it. I know the end of the season has been an absolute shambles but I think this statement alone justifies the release of Brennan. We weren't that team under Henry. We had a far worse roster but we played with determination every week. From the moment we hired Brennan and he started making excuses for the players, we were doomed. The end of the season cannot come fast enough. We won't be hearing all this relocation crap every fortnight because we won't be getting thumped every weekend. Next season is clean sheet, let's just hope that Holbrook brings some good assistants with him and whips these guys into shape.

- - - Updated - - -

There you have it on Controversy Corner from Phil Rothfield “I would fold the Titans and start a new club Redcliffe in Brisbane”.
    Thats because he doesn't want his beloved Sharks gone, who are the sensible option for relocation. He is an absolute flog Rothfield. I wouldn't worry about a single word Buzz says Bods, nobody else does.