Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Well said Lee!

Fans' wish list for new owners
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

Commandeering the Keebra Park pathway is among the big-ticket items on the wish list of Gold Coast rugby league fans. As the NRL prepares to sell the club to private owners, the Bulletin spoke with diehard fans Rhonda Toms and Lee Dungey to uncover the key issues supporters want to see addressed.

JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT

“There’s been a lot of talk that we have got 6000 juniors et cetera, you can’t let that go, but there is always that throwaway line that the Broncos have got more money than the Titans and snap up a lot of the good young fellas. I’d like to see that addressed,” Dungey said. He’s had enough of seeing the Coast’s best and brightest products tearing apart the Titans on the field. Dungey wants more of a juniors-to-Titans pathway developed, including the club linking with Southport-based league nursery Keebra Park State High School, who currently are affiliated with Canterbury. “That’s an absolute joke,” he said. “We have got Palm Beach Currumbin and we have got the other league schools on the Gold Coast that are starting to take off now but it’s a bit embarrassing when you have got Keebra Park in your own backyard (feeding elsewhere).”

SOME CERTAINTY

Time after time through the past 11 seasons – not to mention previous Gold Coast NRL guises – fans have had their club’s future come into question.

It was less than three years ago that the Titans were placed into voluntary administration.

At various points, the club has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, most recently relating to the public feud between Jarryd Hayne and Neil Henry.

Fans like Toms, a member of The Legion, want such distractions to be a thing of the past. “We want calm,” she said.

“Calm as in with that sustainability and capacity to be moving forward and just be concentrating on the game and the club’s growth as a whole. Not the uncertainty.

“As long-standing fans, I think that’s probably what most want and to see us moving forward in the right direction.”

FAN ENGAGEMENT

Some reluctant visits to Suncorp Stadium up the road have given Dungey an insight into the aura he’d like to see form at Cbus Super Stadium.

It also showed him the way other clubs treat their loyal supporters. “You will see a lot of ex-Broncos walking around talking to everybody,” he said.

“I would like to see the Titans have lots of ex-Titans players walking around engaging people.

“Players like Nathan Friend, even Matty Petersen still lives in the area, Mat Rogers is passionate and wants to get involved. More engagement of fans.”

COMMUNITY BUY-IN

There have been murmurs of the Frizelle-Kelly consortium being open to a community buy-in concept down the track.

“I know many members would like to do that,” Dungey said. “My wife and I bought seats and there are many members like us that bought seats – we feel like we’re stakeholders of the club and I would like us a bit more addressed.

“I would like us to have a bit more recognition and have a chance to be able to add value to the club and anything like a members subcommittee formed so that they are getting the voice of members and fans heard.”

OVERALL STABILITY

Regardless, both Toms and Dungey are certain the NRL have backed the right horse.

Australian sport has had a less than desirable past with rich sole owners – and local businesspeople Frizelle and Kelly, as the faces of their consortium, have won fans over already.

“What we want is that stability,” Toms said. “Bec’s consortium is the right consortium. The one thing that they certainly have shown and demonstrated is their loyalty.

“They have done a pretty good job too at getting all of that front-of-house stuff better and better.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Loving it and hoping against hope that the euphoria will materialise as great things.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Frizelle-Kelly bid for Titans gets a guernsey
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au

Former club chair Rebecca Frizelle and shareholder Darryl Kelly are set to be announced as the Gold Coast Titans’ new ownership team.

Talks are at an advanced stage between the NRL and the Frizelle-Kelly consortium, with a decision likely to be announced next week.

However, the rival bidder, fund manager Stuart McAuliffe, may not be lost to the club after it emerged he had spoken to chief executive Graham Annesley about sponsorship should he be spurned by the NRL. McAuliffe, who launched a $30 million bid for the club, is resigned to missing out on the franchise.

It is understood he would like to be involved with the club regardless of the sale outcome, potentially as a financial supporter.

The Titans are yet to secure a major backer for next season, although Annesley is believed to be in talks with prospective parties.

McAuliffe, whose pursuit of the Titans was revealed by The Australian last month, was one of two bidders short-listed by the NRL when the club was put on the market more than a month ago.

Despite throwing more cash at the NRL, it appears he has lost out to the Frizelle-Kelly consortium.

“I’m disappointed but I’m waiting on the official announcement from the NRL — you never know,” McAuliffe said. “I knew all along it would be tough to beat the incumbents. They’ve done a lot of work for a lot of years.”

It is understood the Kelly-Frizelle bid is centred on a longterm strategy that would result in the establishment of a leagues club on the Gold Coast, with the purpose of it supplementing club earnings. It is believed they have also indicated they would like to see the club back in the hands of the community in the future.

In the interim, former Brisbane chair Dennis Watt is likely to take a hands-on role alongside Annesley. Watt recently left his role at the Broncos, where he was a driving force behind the club’s remarkable new administration and football centre.

At a cost of more than $25 million, the facility borrows heavily from successful overseas clubs such as the NFL’s Green Bay Packers and European football giants Bayern Munich. It features a full-size field with the same dimensions as Suncorp Stadium.

So highly thought of is Watt, rival clubs were hoping he would become one of their two representatives on the ARL Commission. However, it is understood he believes he can have more of an impact at a club.

The likely success of the Kelly-Frizelle bid has also left the North Sydney Bears high and dry, although it is understood they are not ready to give up on plans to have the famed moniker back in the premiership.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

New Titans owners happy to say club’s going nowhere
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au

THE Titans will remain on the Gold Coast and eventually be owned by the community following a guarantee by Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly to ensure rugby league survives on the Glitter Strip.

The NRL will officially hand over the club to its new owners within days, ending the governing body’s near threeyear stint in control of the Gold Coast. The consortium comprising Frizelle, Kelly and their partners is in the final stages of negotiations with the NRL, who have elected to grant them the licence pending an agreement on terms.

The NRL ultimately decided to stick with the committed Frizelle and Kelly rather than enter the unknown with Brisbane-based fund manager Stuart McAuliffe’s bold $25 million bid. Frizelle and Kelly have guaranteed to keep the Titans on the Gold Coast while they transition it into a community-owned club.

“We’ve got no intentions of shifting it from the Gold Coast, there is no doubt about that,” Kelly said.

“We are looking to entrench it and eventually our aim is for it to not only be a community club but owned by the community. That’s our long-term aim.

“We’ve got to build the financial model and it’s got to be sustainable for the club. It’s 5-10 years to get to where we need to be.”

McAuliffe’s cashed-up bid was attractive to the NRL but it was Frizelle and Kelly’s sustained commitment to the club over the past five years which paid dividends. While the takeover is yet to be finalised, McAuliffe last night conceded he had missed out on securing the licence.

“I’m really disappointed,” he said.

“It’s been a lot of work from a lot of people but we knew the incumbents would be hard to beat. I went for a knockout bid and it appears it was pretty close. The Titans can move on now and go forward from here.”

Frizelle and Kelly intend to return to the club’s board once the sale is finalised, however former Broncos chairman Dennis Watt is expected to assume the lead role.

Inactive User

^^^ 337am DieHard. You really are DieHard.

Press Conference today at Parkwood at 10.00am

Junior

Anywhere to watch it online Guys?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well said Lee!

Fans' wish list for new owners
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

Commandeering the Keebra Park pathway is among the big-ticket items on the wish list of Gold Coast rugby league fans. As the NRL prepares to sell the club to private owners, the Bulletin spoke with diehard fans Rhonda Toms and Lee Dungey to uncover the key issues supporters want to see addressed.

JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT

“There’s been a lot of talk that we have got 6000 juniors et cetera, you can’t let that go, but there is always that throwaway line that the Broncos have got more money than the Titans and snap up a lot of the good young fellas. I’d like to see that addressed,” Dungey said. He’s had enough of seeing the Coast’s best and brightest products tearing apart the Titans on the field. Dungey wants more of a juniors-to-Titans pathway developed, including the club linking with Southport-based league nursery Keebra Park State High School, who currently are affiliated with Canterbury. “That’s an absolute joke,” he said. “We have got Palm Beach Currumbin and we have got the other league schools on the Gold Coast that are starting to take off now but it’s a bit embarrassing when you have got Keebra Park in your own backyard (feeding elsewhere).”

SOME CERTAINTY

Time after time through the past 11 seasons – not to mention previous Gold Coast NRL guises – fans have had their club’s future come into question.

It was less than three years ago that the Titans were placed into voluntary administration.

At various points, the club has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, most recently relating to the public feud between Jarryd Hayne and Neil Henry.

Fans like Toms, a member of The Legion, want such distractions to be a thing of the past. “We want calm,” she said.

“Calm as in with that sustainability and capacity to be moving forward and just be concentrating on the game and the club’s growth as a whole. Not the uncertainty.

“As long-standing fans, I think that’s probably what most want and to see us moving forward in the right direction.”

FAN ENGAGEMENT

Some reluctant visits to Suncorp Stadium up the road have given Dungey an insight into the aura he’d like to see form at Cbus Super Stadium.

It also showed him the way other clubs treat their loyal supporters. “You will see a lot of ex-Broncos walking around talking to everybody,” he said.

“I would like to see the Titans have lots of ex-Titans players walking around engaging people.

“Players like Nathan Friend, even Matty Petersen still lives in the area, Mat Rogers is passionate and wants to get involved. More engagement of fans.”

COMMUNITY BUY-IN

There have been murmurs of the Frizelle-Kelly consortium being open to a community buy-in concept down the track.

“I know many members would like to do that,” Dungey said. “My wife and I bought seats and there are many members like us that bought seats – we feel like we’re stakeholders of the club and I would like us a bit more addressed.

“I would like us to have a bit more recognition and have a chance to be able to add value to the club and anything like a members subcommittee formed so that they are getting the voice of members and fans heard.”

OVERALL STABILITY

Regardless, both Toms and Dungey are certain the NRL have backed the right horse.

Australian sport has had a less than desirable past with rich sole owners – and local businesspeople Frizelle and Kelly, as the faces of their consortium, have won fans over already.

“What we want is that stability,” Toms said. “Bec’s consortium is the right consortium. The one thing that they certainly have shown and demonstrated is their loyalty.

“They have done a pretty good job too at getting all of that front-of-house stuff better and better.”
    Thanks DH. I really wanted to get the Keebra Park issue front of mind.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ so Lee is BT??
    If so then yeah well done, Keebra is a massive issue in my mind.

Immortal

Keebra has two more years of their deal with Canterbury so it will be a while. Also both Keebra and the titans will have to reconsider their philosophies for anything to happen. I guess you can never say never though

Great to see Dennis Watt appointment this is a massive coup for the titans, this bloke knows how to run and build a club

Gold Coast Titans new ownership confirmed, former Broncos chairman Dennis Watt hired

December 15, 2017 10:55am
    by TONY WEBECK
    Source: FOX SPORTS

THE new owners of the Gold Coast Titans have taken their first step towards long-term sustainability by appointing former Storm and Broncos chairman Dennis Watt to provide the football club expertise they have been so badly lacking.

The NRL announced on Friday that a local consortium consisting of Darryl Kelly and his wife Joanne and Rebecca Frizelle and her husband Brett had been granted the licence with a view to creating profitability that would one day allow the club to be community owned.

The NRL turned down larger financial incentives in order to grant the licence to two people who have put countless hours and millions of dollars into the club in recent years but Watt’s input as Gold Coast’s new Executive Chairman will be the key in taking the Titans from good intentions to premiership contention.

Considered a leading candidate to join the ARL Commission after stepping down from his role as chairman of the Broncos in October, Watt brings with him close to two decades of rugby league expertise, something that Kelly himself acknowledges he cannot match.

The shambolic way in which the sacking of coach Neil Henry was carried out and subsequent departure of Jarryd Hayne was evidence again that a Titans board stacked with business acumen needed leadership in the ways of running a successful footy club, something Watt can bring in spades.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley has spent as much time putting out fires as he has plotting the future direction of the club under difficult circumstances since his arrival four years ago and will benefit greatly from having Watt’s influence at board level.

Having seen the contribution that both Kelly and Frizelle have made to the club surviving into its 10th year in 2017 NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has no doubt that they are the right people to give the Gold Coast the team it deserves.

“We said all the way through this process that our primary aim was to ensure the Titans become a well-run, profitable and successful club for their fans and the local community,” Greenberg said.

“And we have no doubt that can best be achieved under the direction of this consortium.

“It was Rebecca and Darryl who took over the running of the club when the Titans were placed in voluntary administration three years ago.

“They have restored the club to the position where it has a strong future and there is no reason the Titans, with their strong grassroots base, shouldn’t go on to become a powerhouse of our competition.”

Kelly reportedly lost more than $5 million that he had personally invested when the NRL placed the club into voluntary administration in 2013 but believes that as owners of the club they can move the Titans into a position of strength.

“I’ve been involved in this game throughout my life at a regional and grassroots level, and while my time with the Titans has been challenging, I genuinely believe we can make a difference now that the ownership has finally been resolved,” Kelly said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...95a004f1d0e811
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Keebra has two more years of their deal with Canterbury so it will be a while. Also both Keebra and the titans will have to reconsider their philosophies for anything to happen. I guess you can never say never though
    100%. A lot will have to happen with Keebra, Titans even just GCJRL and representative pathways (burleigh & tweed) to even make this partnership a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Great to see Dennis Watt appointment this is a massive coup for the titans, this bloke knows how to run and build a club
    Absolutely agree. Great coup for our club. The critics will start to drop off now and the next announcement will be sponsorship.

Roll on 2018 - such a different feeling than times past.

Rep Player

Feels damn good to be a titans fan again. Happily renewed my memberships now. Loving the direction. Major sponsor and on field performance is next!!!