Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

I think both the top-down and bottom-up scenarios are very worrying. Is this the pivotal event that brings the two rugby’s back together?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think both the top-down and bottom-up scenarios are very worrying. Is this the pivotal event that brings the two rugby’s back together?
    No no no. I can't stomach that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought the players contracts were tied into the revenue raised by the game. PLayers put that little bargaining chip in because they thought the game was going to sell TV rights for billions. Looks like it'll bite them in the ass. So players should be getting a reduction regardless of good will on their part.

As for the club. We run on the smell of an oily rag as it is. Not many staff we can lose to keep operating efficiently I would suspect so not a lot of fat to be cut. Will come back to the owners other vested interests as to whether they want to prop the club up given this is a global issue not an NRL issue.

Great point DB about the crowds and I had never actually thought about it like that before. I do still worry as we aren't a financially strong club as it is, so something like this will likely be extremely dangerous to us whereas Brisbane, Penrith, Souths etc probably have a mountain of cash in the bank as a safety net.

Like JB said, it depends whether or not Frizelle and Kelly want to pour money into the club to keep it afloat if things do turn south. They clearly do love the club but Kelly especially has already bailed us out so many times before so something like this might be a bridge too far.

All we can do is hope that things are back to normal soon, and we aren't even close to the club most at risk I wouldn't think.

I think in any reset we are a valuable commodity if our owners can stomach it, not for results, but just the geography. NRL would lose a couple of sydney teams before us. we might end up stronger if the comp loses teams and the lowest teir of players are squeezed out.

counter to that, and unfortunately for the purists, the media partner would prefer a more diluted product that gave more games per week, so maybe they use this to barrel us into expansion and gets their extra time slots and a team in Perth. a leaner comp is what id prefer but as fans we are going to have to suck it up just take what we can get.

Inactive User

We are the only club with no pay cuts and no sackings
    That’s something to be immensely proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We are the only club with no pay cuts and no sackings
    That’s something to be immensely proud of
    Where did you here this mate??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Where did you here this mate??
    https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/...731510784?s=21

Rep Player

Love it. Money talks and this is good reason to be optimistic about the future. Shows we have a strong baseline and a Leagues club would just be gravy.

How bloody good is that, show that their is financial stability within the club.

That is great news indeed. You know what else would be good news? A reduced cap next year that may have some of our dead weights want to move on earlier than the contracts length.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That is great news indeed. You know what else would be good news? A reduced cap next year that may have some of our dead weights want to move on earlier than the contracts length.
    Where would they move to? A reduced cap means everyone would be looking to shed dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Where would they move to? A reduced cap means everyone would be looking to shed dead weight.
    Superleague or the thought of putting their bodies through a year of hell when they are at the end of their NRL life mightn't seem worth it for $200K.

In the same way, how good would it be if people the likes of Darius Boyd decide to stay at the club as now their golden egg is worth at lot less after the Rona.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Superleague or the thought of putting their bodies through a year of hell when they are at the end of their NRL life mightn't seem worth it for $200K.

In the same way, how good would it be if people the likes of Darius Boyd decide to stay at the club as now their golden egg is worth at lot less after the Rona.
    Super League will be in the same boat as us, if not worse.

Haha I would love it if Darius decided to unretire and take up his player option for 2021.

Inactive User

I have a random question for the learned gentleman of the forum
    If you combined the wealth of Darryl and Rebecca how would they compare in total with Nick Politis?