Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Has anyone sighted The Scarlet Pimpernel aka our not so new CEO??? He’s so non-existent that a crazy diehard fan like myself doesn’t even know his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Has anyone sighted The Scarlet Pimpernel aka our not so new CEO??? He’s so non-existent that a crazy diehard fan like myself doesn’t even know his name.
    Certainly knows how to get his pic in the daily rag.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Certainly knows how to get his pic in the daily rag.
    Ok thanks. Got rid of my News Ltd subscription in January.

Bloke at the back. I guess we only heard from Annersley when players stuffed up or were trying to get coaches sacked. So I guess that's why he had more of a public profile compared to this year.

Steve Mitchell is his name and as JB said we mostly heard from Annersley when we were in trouble so it’s kind of nice for him to not be front and centre. I know he is working hard on a few commercial opportunities for the club. He came to speak at the last Alliance meeting and sounds like he has a great football business head.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Thank you all for the Steve Mitchell sightings
    Actually you make some good points
    Nobody likes a show pony boss who exists only for kudos and photo ops
    This guy might be just a good old fashioned worker
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 09-05-19 at 09:02 AM.

Thank you all for the Steve Mitchell sightings
    Actually you make some good points
    Nobody likes a show pony boss who exists only for kudos and photo ops
    This guy might be just a good old fashioned worker

He was really unassuming but spoke well and had substance in what he said. Apart from the pay packet he spoke on the personal link that he and his family have to Gold Coast RL and in my opinion would be embarrassed within his family to not make the Titans work. Between Steve and Dennis we have good footy brains at the top.

Inactive User

^^^ we have good footy brains everywhere it seems (Dennis/Mal/Steve) except for the ones on the coal face with the clipboards and the whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Steve Mitchell is his name and as JB said we mostly heard from Annersley when we were in trouble so it’s kind of nice for him to not be front and centre. I know he is working hard on a few commercial opportunities for the club. He came to speak at the last Alliance meeting and sounds like he has a great football business head.
    That's a good way of looking at it. Great to hear about you Alliance experience.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

There really needs to be some heat directed at the owners here, the decision to move Henry on therefore missing a chance at signing Bellamy and then Brennan. They have made a couple of very average decisions around coaching since getting control.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted them to get the ownership but they need to own their mistakes.

Is Darryl Kelly and Rebecca Frizelle all they're cracked up to be? When all is said and done, it's these two who've have been at the helm since the...Searl?...years. All of this crap is happening under their watch. Questions need to be asked of these two.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-07-19 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Is Darryl Kelly and Rebecca Frizelle all they're cracked up to be? When all is said and done, it's these two who've have been at the helm since the...Searl?...years. All of this crap is happening under their watch. Questions need to be asked of these two.
    I can see where you are coming from and to a point I agree but there are people employed to run the club. I think as owners they have tried to stay out of it and let the people they have employed to do their jobs. They are clever business people but they don't know how to run a footy team. Unfortunately the people they have employed don't either it appears. I'm sure they'll act.

Well said Mt

Inactive User

I could never criticise Kelly and Frizelle. Can’t bring myself to go there.

A letter posted by May Rogers on Titans Fanzone FB page.

Hi Titan fans. Hope you’re all well. **** of a year.. the crappy thing is it’s almost become expected. I say almost, let’s not let it get to that..

Just thought I’d shoot in a message to clear some things up.

1. I don’t want to be a head coach. There are better equipped people for this role..

2. I do want to be involved with the club. I have always wanted to be involved. I’ve put my hand up, particularly when new ownership took over but was not wanted. ☹️.. �� Apparently I didn’t have the credentials to sit on the board to help make any decisions to move the club in the right direction. (Ouch)

A few things from my point of view. I absolutely love the GC. I took an enormous pay cut to be a part of the GC Titans and have never begrudged it. It was 4 amazing years of my career. All I’ve ever wanted for the Titans is success and it matters to me. I’m not sure it has mattered to some who have been in decision making positions in the past.

I hope to meet with the CEO this week and see if there is a place where I can help guide the club in the right direction. I feel like given my years around professional league I could add some value. Particularly around focus work ethic and helping you players understand what it takes. A hands on approach.

I will tell you all this. A club buys a players talent but they will volunteer their effort based on a few things. Their pride, but running along side that is the way they are treated and the organizations expectation and culture. This is critical. It’s why the top clubs don’t change that often.

There are a few things a miss right now. If I get the opportunity I’ll do my best to help right the ship and help you have a team you will be proud of.

By for now.

Mat