Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 317
  1. #1
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default Titans New Owners - Kelly and Frizelle

    Discussion on the pending decision of club ownership

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  2. #2
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    Here is hoping that very soon we will see The Kelly Gang and Rebecca Frizelle assume ownership of the club. And then we can all dive in and get memberships.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  3. #3
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,714

    Default

    Yep. The Far Cough Bears, the Far Canal Bombers and the Stick it in ya Koukash look like they're dead in the water.

    Go Bec and the Kelly Gang!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  4. #4

    Default

    Yeah that Koukash story that raised its ugly head again a week ago seems to have died just as quick. Fortunately.

  5. #5
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    After how he left Salford, the NRL would be mad to let him take over the club. $$$ doesnt equal a good owner.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  6. #6
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    I recall way back that a lot of us were in favour of Koukash but that all turned pretty quickly once it became clear he was no fit person to own an NRL club. The mess he has made in Salford is going to take years to recover from.

  7. #7
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I recall way back that a lot of us were in favour of Koukash but that all turned pretty quickly once it became clear he was no fit person to own an NRL club. The mess he has made in Salford is going to take years to recover from.
    Well things were hopeful initially at Salford. I was always against him coming here based on his activities with Salford. I was also against Tinkler taking over the Knights. I even posted a thread at the time it happened called, Newcastle's Knightmare or something.

    Money is great. But it needs to be backed up with attachment, professionalism, locality, patience, longevity, altruism and an understanding of grassroots sport and Rugby League. We have that and more with the Kelly Gang IMO.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-10-17 at 04:50 PM.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  8. #8
    First Grader K2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    I would rather Koukash bought us than the bloody Bears.

    Also, love Darryl Kelly and everything he's done for the club. Absolute legend... But ... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous at the thought of him going all 'third times a charm' in trying to turn the club around.

    Not sure what other options are. Interesting times.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    I would rather Koukash bought us than the bloody Bears.

    Also, love Darryl Kelly and everything he's done for the club. Absolute legend... But ... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous at the thought of him going all 'third times a charm' in trying to turn the club around.

    Not sure what other options are. Interesting times.
    This bloke is a pest & will never be allowed to buy an NRL side, Kelly & Frizelle are our saviors
    #itaintweaktospeak

  10. #10
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    November 1 is Wednesday. The NRL have stated that they wan't the club ownership settled before the start of the new football year. So the last day would be Halloween, Tuesday 31 October.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  11. #11
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    November 1 is Wednesday. The NRL have stated that they wan't the club ownership settled before the start of the new football year. So the last day would be Halloween, Tuesday 31 October.
    True and you would expect to hear some noise about this by now. There is usually some leak about this kind of stuff.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  12. #12
    Junior K4SE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    There is usually some leak about this kind of stuff.
    Our club has more leaks than a colander. Press conferences just confirm what we already knew!

    Can’t wait for the ownership to be decided so I can renew my memebership, as long as the South Sydney Bears are not involved, and look forward to a brighter 2018.

  13. #13

    Default

    Why don't we get 20,000 members/investers to punch in $1k each? (would provide a war chest). Yes I know 20k members is a lot but if you could own a piece of the club I'm sure it would resonate through out the local community and perhaps beyond.
    Sh!t we should had banned together on this forum and ran a campaign on kickstarter?
    We probably would have owned the club!

  14. #14
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Why don't we get 20,000 members/investers to punch in $1k each? (would provide a war chest). Yes I know 20k members is a lot but if you could own a piece of the club I'm sure it would resonate through out the local community and perhaps beyond.
    Sh!t we should had banned together on this forum and ran a campaign on kickstarter?
    We probably would have owned the club!
    Stay tuned on that idea because Darryl Kelly did say that his intention was to give the club to the Gold Coast community via members purchasing shares. But that may be a few years into the future, it'd need to be financially stable first.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  15. #15
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,714

    Default

    Get the franchise balance in the black and float it on the ASX.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew