Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

And a League of Titans Podcast remains a dream too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think becoming official has more Cons than Pros
    Yep me too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    And a League of Titans Podcast remains a dream too
    We had a meeting but the attempts to move forward were thwarted by non-attendance. The website is built, the platform ready but I can’t do it by myself. Volunteers all welcome.

Also the Forum should be independent otherwise there would be a party line to obeyed.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-11-18 at 08:39 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We had a meeting but the attempts to move forward were thwarted by non-attendance. The website is built, the platform ready but I can’t do it by myself. Volunteers all welcome.

Also the Forum should be independent otherwise there would be a party line to obeyed.
    I’d be happy to have a crack at it
    So consider me a volunteer
    Yeah and being official would really have serious interference drawbacks

Inactive User

Titanic/Diehard etc-anymore podcast meetings coming up at all?

Mate, I’ll make another effort in the new year. I head back overseas next week and DH is scouring the alleys of Hong Kong I believe.

Officially unofficial.

Yea folks, there isn't advantages in being official. Been there, done that. Just as long as we have close ties to the club. It can serve both purposes. The people that own the club are realistic supporters of the game, who understand that if you want a passionate fanbase that locks in behind you in tough times, well you are going to have some robust and honest discourse.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mate, I’ll make another effort in the new year. I head back overseas next week and DH is scouring the alleys of Hong Kong I believe.
    Yes sir. Sorry I have been off the grid. But I have been greedily devouring Rugby League and Titans news.

Getting married in August, moving to Hong Kong, getting an apartment, starting a new job (Which has a tremendous, but tapering off workload.) has had me snowed under.

Also been enjoying hosting my parents (both passionate Titans fans) over here in Hong Kong for a month.

I also really want to get the podcast happening for 2019.

I'm going to sit down and make some videos about the Titans for YouTube, just to get started and to see how I can best contribute.

There is stacks of things I want to talk about!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

REBECCA A GOOD JUDGE OF CAREER
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

ONE of the Gold Coast’s most successful business people has revealed that she originally wanted to become a judge.

But a decision to leave boarding school at the age of 15 instead set Rebecca Frizelle on the road to success in business instead of law.

“My mother said ‘well, we’re not funding your education since you were such a genius walking out the gates and now you’re going to have to work’,” she said. “So I started work at 15 and held all sorts of jobs.

“I knew I had to finish year 11 and 12 ... I went to night school and that’s where I finished my senior and when I did that I was getting ready to go to university to start my law degree. That’s when I saw the role advertised for a receptionist at Southport Mazda ... I thought ‘that’ll be great, that’ll pay the bills while I start doing law’ and that’s where it all started.”

Ms Frizelle, who “never looked back”, is now chief operating officer of Frizelle Prestige and co-owner of the Gold Coast Titans.

Speaking to the Gold Coast Bulletin for our new Women of the Year podcast series, she said hard work was the key to success – a lesson also instilled in her by her fighter-pilot father.

“He taught us never to take things for granted and that you must work hard,” she said.

She is also applying her work ethic to her role with the Gold Coast Titans, confident it will eventually pay dividends.

“Winning takes time,” she said.

Although “very grateful” for what she has in life, there is one more thing Ms Frizelle wishes she could do. “I really want to finish that law degree.”

Inactive User

How’s the new CEO going so far??
    He’s been very low key.

An overall positive take.

Are Gold Coast Titans at risk of relocation?
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...j1qqbhvy8el2ql

NRL wouldn’t even consider relocating us as they do not want to give the Gold Coast and northern NSW to the AFL. But if we keep going the way we are going on the field it may force their hand. Have had lean year after year since 2010 and our memberships are dropping every year as are our crowds. And I don’t blame people for walking away and not renewing or turning up.

No matter how good the administration, professional sport is a results-driven industry. We are in our last season of leaway. 2020 will be the pivotal season.

Agree with you Titanic and BT. We will see an update of NRL memberships from clubs next week, let's see how we stand.

Definitely not expecting much of a rise Diehard. We haven’t given people much reason to sign up haha and tomorrow’s game may well make things even uglier