Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Wow. I would have thought if he had purchased his ticket he could produce a receipt and have the other ticket cancelled and re-issued. I would murder someone if I didn't get in.

Probably fell off the back of a truck
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

We got to expedite having a women’s team. The Suns Women’s team are already making big inroads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We got to expedite having a women’s team. The Suns Women’s team are already making big inroads.
    Not up to the Club. NRL is the one dragging the chain. I think I read somewhere that the Titans want a Women’s team.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Not up to the Club. NRL is the one dragging the chain. I think I read somewhere that the Titans want a Women’s team.
    Gotta keep the pressure on then.

We got to expedite having a women’s team.
    I thought that is what I had been watching for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I thought that is what I had been watching for the last few years.
    There is a huge difference between NRLW and a bunch of a sheilas
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

https://twitter.com/gctitans/status/...119900160?s=21

This is very classy stuff
    Personally I love it
    Don’t show Titan Pete

Personally I love it
    Don’t show Titan Pete
    It's good to see. I welcome it. Suns started this a couple weeks ago, wishing the Titans well on their social media.

Gold Coast sports need to band together. The whole country kicks dirt at us. But especially we need to protect sport and community organisations during this Corona Virus crisis.

But I just had to think, the Suns are the trust fund babies of Australian sport.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

IT’S been a tough decade but Titans and Suns have found the perfect way to survive in the challenging Gold Coast market – sharing is caring.

The NRL side and their AFL counterparts have adopted a noticeable charm offensive in recent weeks when it comes to their rival’s respective footy seasons.

“Good luck to the Gold Coast Titans for the 2020 NRL season,” the Suns tweeted before a loving reply from the Parkwood club.

When asked on the initiative to make percieved enemies into friends, the Suns replied: “A strong sporting culture makes the Gold Coast better and is good for our community,” they said.

“We wish Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook, captain Kevin Proctor and club captain and the whole team all the best for 2020.”

We can only dream of the day Gold Coast can proudly lay claim to twin footy powerhouses on the national stage.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Personally I love it
    Don’t show Titan Pete
    Careful Bods , I know it’s been a while since you had to front the judiciary but I’m sure you may still have some carry over points
    #itaintweaktospeak

i never buy into the doom and gloom when ever we got rumoured to be closing or relocated as we have strong owners committed to out team. I honestly dont give it a second thought and feel 100% safe.

with this Corona malarkey i am for the first time worried, although a couple of things keep me sleeping.

- we never make much money from game day, its probably a net loss for us with our low crowds, so we aren't losing dollars like broncos for example who just millions in game day dollars.

- player income comes from NRL not owners, so if NRL doesnt get tv money then players take a cut or are unpaid for a period, but either way isnt really connected to our owners.

would love to know others thoughts.

Inactive User

Great points DB makes.
    Whatever it is that keeps us funded it isn’t ticket sales because not so much due to our crowds numbers but the horrendous stadium costs.
    We don’t rely on a Leagues Club.
    So I don’t know where our money comes from but we must be pretty minimally affected compared to the Sydney Clubs with the Pokies and the Drongoes with their crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i never buy into the doom and gloom when ever we got rumoured to be closing or relocated as we have strong owners committed to out team. I honestly dont give it a second thought and feel 100% safe.

with this Corona malarkey i am for the first time worried, although a couple of things keep me sleeping.

- we never make much money from game day, its probably a net loss for us with our low crowds, so we aren't losing dollars like broncos for example who just millions in game day dollars.

- player income comes from NRL not owners, so if NRL doesnt get tv money then players take a cut or are unpaid for a period, but either way isnt really connected to our owners.

would love to know others thoughts.
    I see AFL players have taken a 50% pay cut and I think NRL blokes will have to do the same. The NRL will not get tv money as they have breached the contract by not providing content. Players are another story as they can claim that they are ready to play and have not breached their contracts, so we will rely on their goodwill. That may be a challenge.
    Interesting that I heard on Fox and have read a few paper articles that this virus issue will lead to the correction that the game needs. I must say that based on the crowds we draw and that the tv deals are likely to be less the next time round, it seems odd that we pay some blokes a million a year (looking at you Ash).
    There is also plenty of talk that some clubs will fold, two being both of the clubs I follow. I would say (hope) that Manly will be ok as they are the only club between the CBD and Newcastle and I doubt that the NRL would want to leave that area unrepresented and just hand it to the AFL. I would say the same for the GC but the history of failure will not help. I just hope our owners have deep pockets. I think the Titans owners are in it for the right reasons whereas I think Manly's owner is in it for publicity. He knocked back an $18m bid for Manly not long ago. He might be now wishing he took it. I hope all clubs survive but if not, the Broncos can go and start another Super League - that went well last time.Let's see if ALL clubs pull together or whether greed takes over.
    There have also been a lot of comments about Leagues clubs and money they hand over to the footy team. This hasn't happened with Manly for years and in fact was one of the reasons they went private as the Leagues club couldn't afford to hand money over. That is the case with a few more clubs I think. I know Parra and Penrith get plenty from their Leagues clubs but I don't think as many do as they did years ago. As I don't live there anymore I'm not sure what the current situation is.
    One other point I heard on Fox last night. The NRL employs 140 people at their headquarters. The English Premier League, the leading soccer comp in the world, employs 120 people. Something in that I think.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 24-03-20 at 10:53 AM.

With the difference between EPL and NRL staff numbers, perhaps its because the NRL is responsible for far more layers of the game.

Excellent points above which I agree with. Another element that worries me is the sponsors.