Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Nathan Friend made a very similar offer to the club & was told they didn't need him....

maybe both along with probably Prince & Presto could do wonders will a lot of problems we have at the club
    #itaintweaktospeak

If Matt does get a meeting with the CEO can he take a photo of the guy so we know he exists?

Side note, we supposedly hired the best person to get our culture right, why do we need all these ex-players to come back and achieve what is already someone elses job? If Mal can't get it done then move him on and get people in here that can.

Wow. I always wondered why we didn't see Mat Rogers involved.

We are insane, INSANE, not to want Mat and Nathan as involved in our club as possible.

And where is Luke Bailey? I loved his passion, toughness and leadership.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Side note, we supposedly hired the best person to get our culture right, why do we need all these ex-players to come back and achieve what is already someone elses job? If Mal can't get it done then move him on and get people in here that can.
    I think culture is a very broad brief and that there is room for everyone. For a young club we have scored an F in creating culture and heritage. Especially when we consider the amazing and talented players we have had wear the jersey in the first half of our club's existence.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

i think our culture early on was excitement, effort, fitness, skill and then around the time Presto and Rogers left, it left Scotty alone to wave that flag and he lost out to Bird and the boring bash up style of football, Carty seemed to run with it and we and we never recovered. ever.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think our culture early on was excitement, effort, fitness, skill and then around the time Presto and Rogers left, it left Scotty alone to wave that flag and he lost out to Bird and the boring bash up style of football, Carty seemed to run with it and we and we never recovered. ever.
    I saw what you just did there DB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I saw what you just did there DB
    you see more than me then cos i have always seen it that way, no other motive or agenda, and have often asked what exactly changed from our expansive, free wheeling and quite successful play of 08-09, even 2010 ( more successful but the boring stuff had set in ) till after that, but i always sort of understood what happened.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I feel like that was the time that Cartwright got more control over recruitment , because we got to a stage where we had second rowers playing every where! If someone came on the market, and they were a second rower we bought them. They could play lock, front row, five eight, centre.

On the Ex Players side of things I wonder if some of their good intentions are soured some what with the ex player wanting large amounts of money..... I understand time is money etc , but wonder what players have the hand out and who are wanting to do it cheaply or for free etc ??

Also on the Titans Club at Oxenford / Coomera Or where ever once its built and going it should be able to pay the junior pathway bill all going well. In saying that then the club can move the money from the Junior Budget it has now into the actual football department budget at a guess. Imagine injecting $1 Mill + into that budget.... Slow and steady lads....Slow and steady.....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I need this Titans Club in my life.

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....4-1483ffbe7456

And here we go again. They are kidding if they chose to sacrifice the Gold Coast and surrounding areas to become an AFL heartland in order to appease the Sydney Market.

We are a poo Sandwich and yet our attendances are still comparable and better than many Sydney Clubs.

And why not expand??? I don’t care if we go to 18 and bring in Brisbane/Perth and have a diluted standard of competition.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-09-19 at 09:35 AM.

Read it at courier-mail this morning, written by Badel with much glee. Looking forward to his report about a NRL fan snotting him one day.

At this point it wouldn't be too uninviting to the owners I would say.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Read it at courier-mail this morning, written by Badel with much glee. Looking forward to his report about a NRL fan snotting him one day.
    For real? Badel wrote it. He’s a low life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At this point it wouldn't be too uninviting to the owners I would say.
    After building Parkwood and with the Leagues Club coming plus the continued population growth? I think they are made of sterner stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    For real? Badel wrote it. He’s a low life.

No it was Rothfield who wrote it. Equally a low life but he said Manly, Titans, and Cronulla (his team) were in the gun. He also states in the last para that NRL are unlikely to go down that path.