Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Pete Badel must still be on holidays!
    I’m still chuckling about this post hours later. Thanks heaps.

Gem of an article from Cardigan. Stated the facts and his comment that neither wins nor gates improved with Hayne certainly balanced Annersley’s ‘bold decisions’ tripe. I love the new ownership model.

i wonder how the Titans/Parkwoods relationship is going? And if there is more that can be leveraged from that for all parties?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    i wonder how the Titans/Parkwoods relationship is going? And if there is more that can be leveraged from that for all parties?
    As a casual observer it seems to be going ok. I was up there a couple of weeks back and most of the tenancies in the sport/medicine precinct seem to be full and seem to have attracted some good operators. I think that was the benefit for Parkwood.
    And we get access to the facilities like the pool and ice baths etc without having to have the costs of having there own facility. As well as having medical scannning facilities on site.
    I think there is probably still some gains from cross promoting the two brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gem of an article from Cardigan. Stated the facts and his comment that neither wins nor gates improved with Hayne certainly balanced Annersley’s ‘bold decisions’ tripe. I love the new ownership model.

I think they would be enjoying Koni pumping his wage through the pokies. He's always in there.

Totally enjoyed listening to our Chairperson school those obsiquious women on League Life. Loved her presence and her humility in recognizing, not just the big names, but she gave Chris Knell a well-deserved pump-up too.

I missed that when it aired. Thanks for posting. What a great person for us to have at the club. Looks like she's has a great sense of humour too.

Thanks for posting. I'll catch the replay.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wasn't sure where to put this but found this article this morning.

"As well as the Broncos and Souths, other clubs performing well financially are Melbourne, the Warriors, Gold Coast, North Queensland, Wests Tigers and Newcastle.

“It has been a very good year off the field for the code,” said NRL chief financial officer Tony *Crawford. “The clubs are really showing an even greater level of professionalism and achieving some good financial results.”

Big membership increases have driven the good results for the likes of the Storm and Tigers, while the Titans have managed to renegotiate a cut of almost 50 per cent in the rent they pay at Cbus Super Stadium."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...2f9f27baec674e

Absolutely fantastic news and shows that the club is well and truly on the up off the field.

Just imagine what our bottom line would be if we weren't beholden to such deadwood as Latte Latu, Matthews the Pipe-Cleaner and Brylcreem Bryce?

This could be what Rebecca and Darryl have in mind.

Fan ownership? Melbourne Storm set to model Green Bay Packers
    STORM
    October 4, 2018 6:58am
    by MELISSA WOODS
    Source: AAP
    Melbourne Storm are considering a fan-ownership model. Pic: Michael Klein
    Melbourne Storm are considering a fan-ownership model. Pic: Michael KleinSource: News Corp Australia
    MELBOURNE Storm are looking to follow the model of NFL greats the Green Bay Packers and make the fans owners of the NRL club.

Storm chairman Bart Campbell announced at the post-season presentation that the club was exploring a fan-owner model.

The Green Bay Packers are the only fan-owned team among major sports in the US.

We see fan ownership as an innovative way to turbocharge the ambitious growth plans we have for the Storm by doubling our membership to 50,000 by 2023,” Campbell said.

“We know this is a complex issue and it will take some time to fully understand the interest and detail of a fan ownership model. We will keep fans up to date on any decisions that are being considered.”

Melbourne Storm fans greet the players after losing the grand final. Pic: Michael Klein
    Melbourne Storm fans greet the players after losing the grand final. Pic: Michael KleinSource: News Corp Australia
    The club is exploring whether the model is a viable concept by engaging a leading international advisory firm Greenhill.

Campbell said if the model wasn't found to be viable they would continue with the current model with owners Gerry Ryan, Matt Tripp and himself.

Expressions of interest are being taken on the club’s website.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Read that and thought the same exactly BT. Thanks for sharing the article.

And what better team to test the theory?

If it works for the Storm it should only make our turn in the years to come more successful and credible.

I'll be watching this closely.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Storm have a website up about it.

http://ourstorm.com.au/

1130 this morning on FB club have an announcement. I guess the new CEO. Standby. ....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady