Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Regarding Tanah's interview he actually said "Boyd said his move back home allowed him to play a bit more relaxed and inspire other young Gold Coast talent coming through the ranks.

“Up there (at the Broncos), it was pretty full on,” Boyd said.They’ve just got so much pressure on them up there. Down here, it’s just a bit more relaxed and we kind of enjoy each other’s company a bit more. Although we’re not getting the results on the field, in training and everything throughout the week, we’re real positive.That’s what we need on the Gold Coast.We’ve got such a good base here and we need those younger kids looking up to us. We need to give it back to them and set a platform to them.”

Very mature words for a young bloke to be honest

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Regarding Tanah's interview he actually said "Boyd said his move back home allowed him to play a bit more relaxed and inspire other young Gold Coast talent coming through the ranks.

“Up there (at the Broncos), it was pretty full on,” Boyd said.They’ve just got so much pressure on them up there. Down here, it’s just a bit more relaxed and we kind of enjoy each other’s company a bit more. Although we’re not getting the results on the field, in training and everything throughout the week, we’re real positive.That’s what we need on the Gold Coast.We’ve got such a good base here and we need those younger kids looking up to us. We need to give it back to them and set a platform to them.”

Very mature words for a young bloke to be honest
    That’s what we want more of. Proud local kids turning into leaders of men.

Inactive User

And Gus Gould stuck up for us last night.
    The best though was once again Geoff Toovey. He deserves a free holiday up here paid for by the GCCC such has been his passionate defence of us.

And Buzz Rothfield is now a pure enemy.
    I wouldn’t mind 18 teams if the demand is there

2nd Brisbane
    South Island NZ
    Perth
    Central Coast
    Adelaide
    All seem viable to me

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    And Gus Gould stuck up for us last night.
    The best though was once again Geoff Toovey. He deserves a free holiday up here paid for by the GCCC such has been his passionate defence of us.

And Buzz Rothfield is now a pure enemy.
    I wouldn’t mind 18 teams if the demand is there

2nd Brisbane
    South Island NZ
    Perth
    Central Coast
    Adelaide
    All seem viable to me
    I'm from the south island of NZ Bods and there is no way that would be viable. Nobody plays league there. In fact, outside of Auckland there really isn't a great league following at all. There would be no pathways for juniors and the crowds would be empty. Unfortunately union has too big of a hold there.

It was quite funny watching 360 last night because both of the hosts more or less ruled out expansion as the NRL would have to stump up 13mil for a new teams salary cap, without assessing the possible revenue that a new team would bring. I think as fans we would all like to see a longer season. Expanding to 18 would be the logical solution IMO. Out of those listed, perhaps Brisbane/Central Coast or Perth would be preferable but I really couldn't care because I won't be supporting them.

Toovey hit the nail on the head though. Melbourne received extra funding when they started out and without it they probably wouldn't be where they are now. Why haven't we received any? why did we have to wait until we needed bailing out. The first thing they should be doing is ensuring that we receive the same advertising privileges as the other teams. I cast my mind back to magic round where Fox showcased all 16 teams in one location and didn't show a single Titans player in the advertisement clip. If I was the NRL I'd be saying to them if you want to advertise our game, this is the terms you do it under.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'm from the south island of NZ Bods and there is no way that would be viable. Nobody plays league there. In fact, outside of Auckland there really isn't a great league following at all. There would be no pathways for juniors and the crowds would be empty. Unfortunately union has too big of a hold there.

It was quite funny watching 360 last night because both of the hosts more or less ruled out expansion as the NRL would have to stump up 13mil for a new teams salary cap, without assessing the possible revenue that a new team would bring. I think as fans we would all like to see a longer season. Expanding to 18 would be the logical solution IMO. Out of those listed, perhaps Brisbane/Central Coast or Perth would be preferable but I really couldn't care because I won't be supporting them.

Toovey hit the nail on the head though. Melbourne received extra funding when they started out and without it they probably wouldn't be where they are now. Why haven't we received any? why did we have to wait until we needed bailing out. The first thing they should be doing is ensuring that we receive the same advertising privileges as the other teams. I cast my mind back to magic round where Fox showcased all 16 teams in one location and didn't show a single Titans player in the advertisement clip. If I was the NRL I'd be saying to them if you want to advertise our game, this is the terms you do it under.
    Good post NZT. The only points i differ on is the length of the season and i certainly wouldn't want it any longer than it is. The other point is about us not getting special support - we made it well in to yhe finals early in our history without assistance. It has only been mismanagement and incompetence that has taken us to where we are now, not lack of assistance.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Good post NZT. The only points i differ on is the length of the season and i certainly wouldn't want it any longer than it is. The other point is about us not getting special support - we made it well in to yhe finals early in our history without assistance. It has only been mismanagement and incompetence that has taken us to where we are now, not lack of assistance.
    That is a very valid point MT. I'm suggesting that the assistance doesn't have to be financial though. We just don't get the same amount of screen time or advertising as the larger and more wealthier clubs, which ultimately means that when we are competing for fans we often aren't even in the picture. It's all a bit frustrating and unfortunately our performances and mishandling of rosters as well as management in the past is ultimately to blame. It would just be nice if the NRL could rally around us instead of letting the media beat on us constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    That is a very valid point MT. I'm suggesting that the assistance doesn't have to be financial though. We just don't get the same amount of screen time or advertising as the larger and more wealthier clubs, which ultimately means that when we are competing for fans we often aren't even in the picture. It's all a bit frustrating and unfortunately our performances and mishandling of rosters as well as management in the past is ultimately to blame. It would just be nice if the NRL could rally around us instead of letting the media beat on us constantly.
    That's true and I agree, but it's a bit of a catch 22 as we don't get the screen time and advertising because of our poor performances on the field. Why would channel 9 display the 2019 Titans getting 30 put on them every week when they can put on a Broncos and "..." blockbuster which has a packed stadium and will nine times out of ten be a nailbiter. Unfortunately the lack of effort by the player (and probably the poor coaching too) has set us back another step and ruined any chance of more FTA games next year. It's our own fault as a club for the constant bagging and relocation talks by media "personalities) (or so they call them).

It's up to everyone in the club to fight and to turn it around. The staff and coaches need to be more professional and stop making the worst possible decisions, the players need to grow a hard edge and a backbone and dig in every week for the jersey and Holbrook must find a way to get this club competing and winning footy games. Until any of that happens we will not get any increase in advertising or screen time.

Inactive User

I think Paul Crawley is about to try and bury us on NRL 360
    Hope I’m wrong

Phew...unlike our enemy Buzz Rothfield all Crawley did was argue to leave Sydney Clubs be, he didn’t go pointing the finger at us.

No dramas
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-09-19 at 07:04 PM.

Inactive User

Was just driving home listening to “talking sport” on 104.1 which obviously goes up here and you get these campaigners called Dragon Mike or Rabid Shark etc call in and say things like “I know people on the Gold Coast...:” and then speak absolute rubbish trying to have our club murdered.
    I never hear a Titans Fan on the radio or Ex-Titans player in the media digging in and in terms of local media we have Spida Everett, Mrs Corey Parker and Ben Hannant all of whom with no Titan connection.

We need voices. If anyone reading this has the confidence to call radio stations then get amongst it, we have no presence or voice other than of all people.......Geoff Toovey.

One other whinge while I’m at it, Denis Watt/Steve Mitchell have no passion or presence when they front the media, have a look at Tony Cochrane at the Suns-that bloke goes hard for them-where’s the Titans version of him??

Inactive User

Can Anyone post the article where that Drongoe/Super League vermin Chris Johns refers to our city as a hick town and tries to kill our club and our kids club?
    Also could someone post the article where Tom Tate hits back at him?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Can Anyone post the article where that Drongoe/Super League vermin Chris Johns refers to our city as a hick town and tries to kill our club and our kids club?
    Also could someone post the article where Tom Tate hits back at him?
    I was at a coffee shop this morning and reading The Courier Fail and saw the headline with grub Chris Johns name attached. I refused to read it as I knew it would be the usual crap from Johns who I think is a contemptible grub and oxygen thief.
    I appreciate your interest Bods but I wouldn't give that merkin space.

First Grader

The Storm only survived by the bank rolling of Newscorp. I would say that had we the same financial backing like the Storm then we would have won a premiership already and be constantly at the top of the table. Johns is an imbecile and doesn’t let facts get in the way of an extremely biased view with a hidden agenda
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 06-09-19 at 04:25 PM.

Inactive User

I’m sick of being attacked. Really over it. We have very few voices that passionately defend us.

Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate hits back at Chris Johns hick town blast
    Greg Stolz, The Courier-Mail
    September 6, 2019 11:32am
    Subscriber only
    GOLD Coast Mayor Tom Tate has angrily hit back after former Melbourne Storm boss Chris Johns labelled the Glitter Strip a ‘hick town’.

Johns, an-ex Brisbane Broncos star who became the first Queenslander to play for the NSW Blues, has incensed Tate after claiming the Coast could not support an NRL team.

Weighing into the NRL’s expansion debate this week, he said the struggling Titans should be renamed Greater Brisbane and play most of their games at Suncorp Stadium.

“The Gold Coast is a little hick town. Try and run a national team there has proven in the past to be difficult,” Johns said on Thursday.

A fired-up Mayor Tate said Johns should ‘keep his advice to himself’.

“If we’re such a hick town, why are so many Melbourne people abandoning their city and coming to the Gold Coast for winter holidays and to live and invest here?” he said.

“We’re growing our population by 16,000 people are year and a large percentage of them are Victorians.”

Cr Tate said if being a hick meant you were ‘hospitable, kind and welcoming ... well I guess we’re hicks’.

He admitted the Titans were battling but urged rugby league officials and fans to ‘give us time and we’ll win a premiership’.

“There have been NRL teams that have taken decades to win a premiership,” he said.

“The Titans are only a young club and while they’ve made some mistakes, I think they will get it right soon and turn the corner.

“Playing home games at Suncorp would be a big mistake. The heart and soul of the Titans is on the Gold Coast.”

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently there is a painting of the Virgin Mary holding Chris Johns at an art exhibition in Brisbane too.

Inactive User

^^^^ thanks very much JB. Tate did well there.