Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Cheers everyone. Simplest answer is sometimes the easiest. Will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    As a full member I'm wondering why I didn't get the invite when another guy in the office who has a 4 game pass was invited.

Another nail in the coffin for next years membership renewal.
    I didn't get an invite either

Mine was in an email and I'm peeved I arrive back in Oz Tuesday 11:30pm otherwise I would have gone.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We need voices. If anyone reading this has the confidence to call radio stations then get amongst it, we have no presence or voice other than of all people.......Geoff Toovey.
    I agree we need a much higher profile in the media. First we need to bring some of our former heroes in like Rogers, Bailey and Prince. I particularly like Bailey because I think he represented the club character I wanted.

Then, we as fans need to have a higher profile. But it's hard when the club's results have been dire. 4 wins and 20 loses. I guess the turn around of course has to come from the field but when that comes more dedicated fans have to try and be heard. That is why I appreciate people posting about what is said in 360 and radio stations.

Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

Was great to hear V’Landys say today that every NSW and QLD Club is 100% safe with their brand and none will be relocated. Any new club he said will be the result of expansion.

Clean Air for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Was great to hear V’Landys say today that every NSW and QLD Club is 100% safe with their brand and none will be relocated. Any new club he said will be the result of expansion.

Clean Air for all of us.
    Great news. Tears for all the white ant journos writing lazy articles about us.

To me it is actually a bigger statement than it seems. It means there won't be a strategy of applying the blowtorch and threatening relocation to clubs.

REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

NUTS

NRL.com understands their 2018 football department expenditure amounted to under $6 million outside of player salaries, around half what the biggest spending clubs outlaid, with only the Titans spending less.
    Hasler's predecessor Trent Barrett made plain the strain that those pressures caused in his ugly exit from the club.
    In 2020 season the NRL's $5.93 million cap on football departments will come into effect, with clubs to pay a 37.5% tax should they spend over that figure on football staff, training camps and facilities.

This is a quote from NRL.com interviewing Steve Humphreys the new CEO at Manly. I posted it for the reference to the Titans and the info about the cap rule change for 2020.

So will this bring other clubs back to the field? Or will they just pay to play?

NUTS

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    So will this bring other clubs back to the field? Or will they just pay to play?
    I feel that we constantly are adding layers of admin to the sport but never wind anything back. It’s symptomatic in our society and we are becoming slaves to officialdom.