Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^ if Taylor goes to Grandpa Sleaze then I’ll move straight on to supporting LG/Brimson and Taylor will be the most hated man on the Coast for a decade. He will be Boo’d deluxe.

Looks like Craig Hodges has been the only survivor from last years coaching department. Terry matterson,Matt Ford, Shaun Edwards, Adam Paulo and recruitment manager David Hamilton have all been set free. Looks like Brennan is not mucking around and put the broom through the joint

Immortal

I am very concerned Taylor is already gone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ if Taylor goes to Grandpa Sleaze then I’ll move straight on to supporting LG/Brimson and Taylor will be the most hated man on the Coast for a decade. He will be Boo’d deluxe.

Inactive User

^^^ that’s going to send a shiver through many people when they read that mdrew

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    As I have already mentioned, if Taylor goes then Brennan will look like a naive newbie and all his good work goes out the window before he gets a start ... surely he wouldn't have risked it all so early.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    As I have already mentioned, if Taylor goes then Brennan will look like a naive newbie and all his good work goes out the window before he gets a start ... surely he wouldn't have risked it all so early.
    Agreed. While nothing is certain in this day and age and after the whole Jimmy the Judas saga I take most signing speculation at face value I think Ash will stay. While it could also be a ploy to put more pressure on Ash (or play up how much of a "shock" it will be if he has already signed elsewhere) Its a massive gamble to all but guarantee the signing of your star player in your first press conference with the club. I really like what I've seen with Brennan so far and to me seems like he will be a huge part of leading us in this new era so I can only hope for his sake this doesnt make him look extremely foolish.

Just a feeling?

I’m still cautiously confident

In reality only Ash and his manager know - all we can do is keep the fingers crossed.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Just a feeling?

I’m still cautiously confident

In reality only Ash and his manager know - all we can do is keep the fingers crossed.
    There are two opinions that I take very seriously on this board and mdrew is one of them. If he’s concerned then I’m concerned.

If Taylor doesn’t sign it’s going to be bad for Brennan too because the expectation is 100% that he will deliver his signature on a contract.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 24-10-17 at 04:44 PM.

Our expectation certainly is, I don’t know about any others.

My real concern is IF he goes , where does that really leave us. The resourceful side of Garth will then be certainly put to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post

My real concern is IF he goes , where does that really leave us. The resourceful side of Garth will then be certainly put to the test.
    Well if he goes then I can see Hayne to 5/8, Elgey to 7 and who knows to 1

- - - Updated - - -

Also when Ash first came to us the concern then was that it was temporary and he would always go back to the donkeys

Junior

Hey mate word up here is he is going too sign with Titans very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hey mate word up here is he is going too sign with Titans very soon
    That's certainly the impression Brennan gave in the newspaper interview where he was quoted. If we can't keep blokes like Taylor, even allowing for the fact that he is just one player, you would wonder what the point of it all is. Just a waste of time if we can't keep blokes that we throw the kitchen sink at.
    For the sake of the future I hope he stays.

I think if not for Brennan then losing Taylor was a given.

Now i think it it slightly in our favour.

Anyone saying Ash has gone is saying it knowing he may have agreed in principle, by handshake, by verbal agreement with management and a club or something, but none of it is binding due no one being allowed to say its actually occurred.

If Ash has agreed to go, but he signs with us this week, the broncos cant cry foul... they cant cry at all actually because admitting anything would show they were tampering before the deadline.

We all KNOW it happens, but in this case it leaves us an out with Ash as he can do a cherry esque backfip deluxe... and no one can question him.

I think it happens, no way Brennan goes out on a limb repeatedly saying his signing is imminent if he was unsure.

wait for the alert for a presser this week gentleman.

on another note - Brennan was on 360 last night and gave the same spiel almost ad verbatim to his signing announcement presser.
    Perhaps the questions were very similar, but i hope he has the ability to backup his 5-6 key catch phrases.

I believe he does, but it just struck me as odd how close he was to his original comments and that he didn't realise he almost the exact same audience would be watching and have new 'material' so to speak.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah very true all that you say there. If ATay backflips pre Nov 1 on some dodgy deal there is nothing the Drongoes can do.

And yes I didn’t like it that Brennan repeated those same talking points again too. He can now expand on them and give some detail when pressed.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 24-10-17 at 08:48 PM.

Can't be mad at anyone in professional sports repeating canned responses these days with how diabolical sports media has become. The good ones learn how to make the same s### sound different every time they say it.

Been Ikin is almost on Peter Badel's level with the way he revels in every opportunity to take a shot at us. It's pathetic to watch.

Brennan's obviously got a pretty straightforward and consistent message and that's exactly what the approach needs to be until we can give the bludgers something good to write about us.

As for the Ash signing, I don't buy Breno's proclamations of being "(fairly) confident" that it will happen.. like 5YC, I think it's the best strategy for him to employ right now. It's going to look bad on everyone if Ash walks. At least this way, if we can't keep Ash, Breno can say "I'm shocked, we tried everything we could, he was part of my plans going forward".. to deflect as much criticism as possible.

Going to be a mission to keep Ash I think. Especially now with Kevvie being renewed as Qld coach and signed as Bronx assistant. The timing of those announcements and Ash's impending decision is all a bit suspect to me.

Also I have to cop my medicine. I had a shot at the club in a previous post about them dragging their feet constantly and I wisely announced that I expected the same lack of initiative in the club's approach to signing support staff for Brenno. Well the very next day Knowles and Catterick we're announced!