Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^^ if he can address the relationship with the feeder schools and have clear pathways into the Titans for elite talent then I’ll be thrilled
    It’s been frustrating me for years the way we have our best kids get poached

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So..........pre the appointment there was a fair bit of anti-NSW sentiment re the possibility of Daley, Hasler, Maguire being appointed. Ummm Coach Brennan is from Newcastle.
    Yeah diehard's nailed this. It wasn't that we needed a QLDer per se, but some of those guys were pure blood NSW legends and will be thought of as NSW blues first and foremost when you consider pedigree. Maguire was a bit different and my reasons for not wanting him were nothing to do with his NSW - 'ness' as he doesnt scream 'NSW BLUES' at you when you see him.

Garth is from there, but he will make his mark in QLD and that is palatable to me.

Inactive User

^^^ good replies by you and diehard for sure DB

^^^couldnt agree more with Mr B and DB’s posts.

Yes mdrew, for sure but historically new owners will focus on the franchise’ bottom line. In our case more so because with a new coach as well the whole system will be unstable for some time. Maybe though opportunity knocks for you mdrew
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Wish we could crowd fund a position. I think the supporters know how important such a role is.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So..........pre the appointment there was a fair bit of anti-NSW sentiment re the possibility of Daley, Hasler, Maguire being appointed. Ummm Coach Brennan is from Newcastle.
    You may have taken it as a anti-NSW sentiment, Bodsy. But I never wanted Daley, Hasler, Maguire or Toovey come anywhere near our Club. In fact, if we go back to the poll, you may have seen that I went with Demetriou who just so happens to be a N.S.Welshman.

- - - Updated - - -

If my memory serves me well. I may have also been one of the more vocal ones that didn't want Walters coming our way either.
    Last edited by Toads; 23-10-17 at 12:07 AM.

Very happy with the coach selection. I for one was anti NSW but that was aimed Daley but in the same vein I didn't want to touch Walters with a ten foot pole because of his affiliations with the Broncos. Would have been happy with Demetriou but then hated the whole "he's on loan from the Broncos".

Great decision and he's saying all the right things. Hope we have the support staff to help him see it all through.

The Kevin Walters' "boost my appeal to the Ponies" saga has finally been exposed for what it was ... I will have great difficulty believing anything this Bennett toady says or does in the future ... what a tugger.

With the Walters thing I feel for JD abit as it was reported that Bennett wanted to keep him on as to take over from him so if JD did an interview he may have done a half a$&ed one thinking he will get the Broncos gig. Not looking the case now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Reports saying that the Brennan has made his first changes bringing in High Performance staff Hayden Knowles and Craig Catterick

Smart move @GCTitans hiring ex @TheParraEels HP staff Hayden Knowles & Craig Catterick. Both know @JarrydHayne and will deliver his best.

https://twitter.com/7th_tackle/statu...63200120188929
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Liked the appointment. Like it even better the more he speaks.

Great to read about the HP guys ... anybody nervous about whether Taylor really signs? I hope he does but the risk in publicly stating it was a ballsy move ... at least we won’t die wondering ... what a pleasant change from the Carty/Henry coach-speak.

Yeah I’m a bit nervous but I’ll take it on face value. If he has mentored him he has the relationship.

If not we have a problem . Will Cronk commute ?? Lol