Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

I agree about Ikin recently.

I've only noticed it in the past 3 months or so, but Ikin was normally the well spoken straight man on 360, letting Kent and various guests get fired up, but he has been savage about us recently.

the spray he gave when Kent mentioned Henry and Bennett in the same breath was seriously heated and emotional almost to the point of unprofessional. He really belittled Henry and i'm not sure if it was to do with some stuff from Ben's time on the board when he sacked Henry, and being a part of Bennett Family, but he has certainly found an axe to grind recently.

I'd be fascinated to know what's behind it as he is just becoming nasty about it, well past occupational observation and discussion on his TV show.

My opinion is worth no more than yours K2G, but i do think Brennan is confident from his actual discussions speaking to ash rather than posturing in case he leaves. I think it looks worse if he takes this stance and fails, as it presents like he shoots his mouth off and doesn't have a feel for whats going on, and his first big comment backfires on him.

If he wasn't confident i think he would be talking up the great deal on offer, that Ash is part of his plans, that he hopes he stays etc. no need to hang his balls that far out so to speak, they have a nasty habit of getting chopped off when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I agree about Ikin recently.

I've only noticed it in the past 3 months or so, but Ikin was normally the well spoken straight man on 360, letting Kent and various guests get fired up, but he has been savage about us recently.\
    I can assure you, the bitterness Ikin seems to harbour towards our club has been evident for much longer than the last 3 months.

For as long as nrl360 has been on the air, Ikin's opinions have always slanted towards negative regarding our club. I have watched it with disbelief for years, waiting for someone to call him out - but it never happens. I actually had to laugh when in the most recent episode Buzz praised what a tough decision Kevvie made to drop Nate Myles from the QLD team this year after Myles had been underperforming (glad they finally caught up) - Ikin didn't say a word - even though I clearly remember Ikin getting on his soapbox about how our club's decision to not pay "a champion like Nate Myles" what he was worth and let him go to Manly was a clear indication of the lack of leadership and direction at our club.

I wish I had the time to cut up a montage of his snarky comments about us over the years about every little issue. It definitely seems personal.

Also, as for Brennan's posturing, I think he knows that if Ash does walk, it's a zero sum game and his balls are getting a good wallop regardless.

Publicly hanging his balls out for chopping is a power move. He's announcing to all "here are my balls, behold them".

If it pays off - we're all saying "Did you see his giant balls? Wow. They were magnificent"

If it doesn't, yeah his balls are sore. Which they would be regardless. And yeah maybe some might say "Did you see how he hung his balls out there for everybody to chop like an idiot" ... but on the other hand, and at this point I'm really regretting that I've run with your balls analogy ... on the other hand, some might say "Well he wouldn't have put his balls out there if he wasn't confident. And if he was so confident that he did hang his balls out, then he must have been given some pretty solid assurances..." and that trajectory of thought leads to natural deflection of some criticism towards Brennan by way of sympathy or even, negative sentiments towards Ash by the larger rugby league community (outside of donx-nation) for his apparent double-crossing.

I have clearly thought about this too much.

I really want Ash to resign - but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

I would make a terrible coach, if Ash went to the Donkeys I'd be commenting about salary sombreros in the same vein as the Roosters.

Perhaps the club should have a chat to Ben and let him know that if his anti-Titans comments continue the Ikin Dance cheersquad may need to look for another venue and hand it to a rival dance troop.

I don't see Brennans comments as anything more than "playing the game" in the same way that players managers release info to the press to put pressure on the club to ante up. His comments put pressure on the player to not look like a douche bag and back flip or bring questions regarding negotiations inside the Nov 1 date.

Huge, magnificent balls.

Gold Coast Titans secure in-demand halfback Ashley Taylor until 2021
    Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    THE Titans have secured a $3 million coup with in-demand halfback Ashley Taylor committing to the Gold Coast until 2021.

The Titans are finalising the three-year contract extension and are expected to announce the retention of Taylor for a further four seasons as early as Wednesday.

The impending signing of Taylor is a major boost for the Gold Coast who last week announced Garth Brennan as the club’s coach for the next three years.

Brennan has a close relationship with Taylor, mentoring the Dally M rookie-of-the-year for the past 18 months.

The signing of Taylor before he technically becomes a free agent for 2019 on November 1 is significant.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett was targeting Taylor, however the 22-year-old has pledged his allegiance to the Gold Coast on a massive deal.

Taylor left the Broncos after one first grade game at the end of 2015 to seek a regular NRL berth at the Gold Coast.

He had an outstanding debut season on the Gold Coast in 2016 and played every game for the Titans during their disappointing 2017 season which led to the sacking of coach Neil Henry.

Taylor’s signature is a major part of the rebuilding puzzle for the Titans, who are expected to be under new owners next week.

I guess he had reason to be so confident.

Uncle Wayne today.

Anyone heard when the Club is going to announce it publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Anyone heard when the Club is going to announce it publicly?
    11 o’clock today. Press conference called.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Beat me to it BT

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    11 o’clock today. Press conference called.
    Thank fark.

It is a lot of money though. Just saying.

All that concern unfounded , great news !!- some damn fine positives for our club in the past 2 weeks .

Ownership next

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    All that concern unfounded , great news !!- some damn fine positives for our club in the past 2 weeks .

Ownership next
    I think we were valid with our concerns, looks like Brennan may have delivered.
    Now I’m just facing northwards and sticking a virtual finger up at Grandpa Slime.

There’ll be some melts today amongst the Drongoe fraternity.
    Sucked in.

Even better is the fact Ash signed the waiver over the cooling off period. So the broncos can’t make a late play.

Immortal

Well done Titans he is a great building block. It certainly has been a positive week.