Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

It’s a big call on Brennan’s coaching future. What happens if he doesn’t deliver next season

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    It’s a big call on Brennan’s coaching future. What happens if he doesn’t deliver next season
    What happens if he does ?

Rookie coach, near bottom finish, flawed player recruitment, lost support coaching team and gets a contract extension. We can’t blame disinterested ownership so he must be doing a lot right. I am not going to death-ride him because everybody deserves a fair shot and one season does not a career make ... go Brenno!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

still not convinced by Brennan tbh. What is on his resume exactly? Won a premiership for the Panthers U/20s and what else? Time to prove your worth, Garth. No more, "We're a young team," crap and getting flogged by 30 every few weeks - that's not top 8 material no matter what anyone thinks.

Given the current coaching merry-go-round there probably isn't a better coach off contract until 2020 anyway. Given how much we spend on coaches I don't think it matters who's off contract that has a name anyway.

Give the guy a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Given the current coaching merry-go-round there probably isn't a better coach off contract until 2020 anyway. Given how much we spend on coaches I don't think it matters who's off contract that has a name anyway.

Give the guy a chance.
    Jason Demetriou in a heart beat.

Inactive User

I just can’t get over Brennan losing Knowles Catterick and Campbell after just one year. If it’s flattened me then I wonder how it’s affect the owners, staff and playing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just can’t get over Brennan losing Knowles Catterick and Campbell after just one year. If it’s flattened me then I wonder how it’s affect the owners, staff and playing list.
    Well the owners/board are more responsible than Brennan for their retention so of all the above, Garth is probably the one I feel the most sorry for..he had his dream team and the club couldn’t keep them
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-11-18 at 11:18 AM.

You can tell the owners feeling ... they extended the coach.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Just because we have picked up his option does not mean he will be the coach in 2020.
    We have only done this so prospective players for 2020 can see we have a coach.
    No one would sign with us if we did not have a coach for 2020.
    If we are crap next year Brennan won't be here.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I know that Knowles leaving was 100% family related. His family stayed in NSW (I think it was the Central Coast) and he was trying to split time and just couldn’t get a balance.
    The other 2 I am not sure, have no information on it sorry.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by bigman View Post
    Just because we have picked up his option does not mean he will be the coach in 2020.
    We have only done this so prospective players for 2020 can see we have a coach.
    No one would sign with us if we did not have a coach for 2020.
    If we are crap next year Brennan won't be here.
    I'm not sure our club has the money to pay out a coach whilst also paying a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I'm not sure our club has the money to pay out a coach whilst also paying a new coach.
    They did it with Neil Henry.

Bigman is on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    They did it with Neil Henry.

Bigman is on the money
    Spot on I'd say HS. What's a contract in Rugby League these days anyway.

I'm desperately hoping though that Garth gets it together this year as we just cannot afford another year of same same (I say that every year). He had big wraps on him as a people manager and coach and I trust he can get the job done. I just wonder about some of his decisions such as playing Rein and Peats at the same time which turns us in a forward pack of midgets. The judgement on Carty and Latu was also questionable and he turned Peats, an Origin hooker in to number 2 hooker in the club - my opinion based on form. Hopefully he learnt a lot out of his maiden year and I'm certainly happy to give him full support, but he has been told the top 8 is a pass, so it's there for him to meet.

I too want to see Brennan succeed, but he makes it hard when he says he wants to invest in local talent, and yet draws what he can out of the Panthers to come up here. And his hell bent commitment of getting Cartwright to fire is mind boggling. Admittedly we seen how Cartwright can play like he did for the Panthers a couple years back. But I doubt he's going to find any form here in the near future. Just like Haynes, Idris, Taylor, Taka, and so on who have all gone before him at the Club. That's not Garth's fault, but it is a similar trend that we've seen with previous Coaches here, and that has the ability to take the wind out of a Titan's Fan sail over time..
    Last edited by Toads; 05-11-18 at 09:32 PM.