Thread: Shannon Walker

Default Shannon Walker

Here is this player who plays fullback leads try assists from the position and scores six tries in the first rounds of state league.

It's a disgrace how he isn't mentioned. Wakey wakey

very true mate. i was upset he didnt get a crack at the main squad. pop him on the wing even for a bit for some great returns and let him bob up where he wants like val holmes.

I've had a man crush on him for 10 yrs, is he still carving up Q Cup?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Teke the guy is killing it go on the qcup highlights and have a look definitely amazing

No highlights up for Rd 8 but I went back as far as Rd 4 and saw absolutely nothing other than him looking extremely lazy and defeatist in defence while opposition teams scored 40 points on them. If there is a link then please post.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No highlights up for Rd 8 but I went back as far as Rd 4 and saw absolutely nothing other than him looking extremely lazy and defeatist in defence while opposition teams scored 40 points on them. If there is a link then please post.
    His team is getting slammed but he is carving on attack which is impressive for a player who has been out of the game for how many years. Crazy evasive. Effort on defence is actually there, just inability to stick in the contact and a lack of wrestle capability letting him down.

I know this because I've been to most of the games. Highlights on QRL don't do a player justice unless it is part of a scoring play - which to be fair some of highlights have been, although perhaps not in the recent rounds.

It's cool to see him back in League for sure. Although there are a few fullbacks floating around Qcup who are likely closer to an NRL gig. Consistency is key and age is a huge factor for a spine player as well, particularly for a club that is rebuilding so heavily as the Titans.

still... I would rather Walker > Zillman thats for sure
    hell ill even take ben Jeffery!

I did watch some highlights last night and saw some very ordinary, actually embarrassing efforts from him in defence.

Oh well
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

He's outstanding in attack at times but he defends like a touch foot baller
    #itaintweaktospeak

It makes me laugh when people nock a fullback in defense.....have you Seen our backline defend lol. Preston Cambell was told he couldn't play NRL because his of defence and JT was let go from the Bulldogs because of the same. The truth Walker is adjusting back to league and killing it. He makes Zillman look ordinary and I know he could be the difference in most games.

No comment on Walker because I haven't seen him play this year but in all honesty anybody makes Zillman look ordinary.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    Here is this player who plays fullback leads try assists from the position and scores six tries in the first rounds of state league.

It's a disgrace how he isn't mentioned. Wakey wakey
    No. Just no.

Yep, pretty well sums up Walker. His lack of consistency is what is holding him back.

King said the same last season to me about Jai Ingram, who looked great on his day last season.