15Leivaha Pulu
    16Agnatius Paasi
    17Kierran Moseley
    18Eddy Pettybourne
    REFEREES
    Ashley Klein
    Chris James
    Ricky MacFarlane

So same team as last week but Moseley for Mortimer and Bird gets his spot back from suspension. Pettybourne apparently only dislocated his finger (here I thought Henry said it was a compound fracture).

According to the injury report Peteru made a successful comeback from his knee injury but has an abdominal strain from last weekend

full doggy team

Will Hopoate
    Curtis Rona
    Josh Morris
    Kerrod Holland
    Sam Perrett
    Josh Reynolds
    Moses Mbye
    Aiden Tolman
    Michael Lichaa
    James Graham ©
    Josh Jackson
    Tony Williams
    Greg Eastwood

Sam Kasiano
    Tim Browne
    David Klemmer
    Adam Elliott
    Lloyd Perrett
    Craig Garvey
    Des Hasler

Rep Player

Same team named that has underperformed our last 3 losses in key positions. Solid logic. Hoping bird, taylor and roberts and the forward pack fire this week as apart from Mead our backline is Medicore. Theres always hope though

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So same team as last week but Moseley for Mortimer and Bird gets his spot back from suspension. Pettybourne apparently only dislocated his finger (here I thought Henry said it was a compound fracture).

According to the injury report Peteru made a successful comeback from his knee injury but has an abdominal strain from last weekend
    Eddy was leaving a blood trail up the centre tunnel & went straight to hospital for surgery on Saturday afternoon, a little worse than a dislocation I'm confident in saying
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Eddy was leaving a blood trail up the centre tunnel & went straight to hospital for surgery on Saturday afternoon, a little worse than a dislocation I'm confident in saying
    Ok, well it could still stand to reason that the dislocation could have split the skin but I guess the good news was that it wasn't a fracture? I was quoting the round 8 injury report....

X-rays found that Eddy Pettybourne did not fracture his finger that was dislocated against the Dragons. He has it in a splint and has been chosen as 18th man for this weekend’s game, although his progress will be checked during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Same team named that has underperformed our last 3 losses in key positions. Solid logic. Hoping bird, taylor and roberts and the forward pack fire this week as apart from Mead our backline is Medicore. Theres always hope though
    With the exception of last week, if I'm being honest with myself, the team is overperforming. I had no confidence in T. Roberts, I wasn't expecting to even see Ash play first grade this year and (gulp) Zillman hasn't been Zillman in his last two outings. Friend strengthens up the middle and Bird is playing like its a contract negotiations. No Mortimer this week but is replaced with Moseley who hasn't performed liked we had hoped when people were comparing him to a young Cam Smith. From where I was sitting preseason it was like we were signing a retirement village of a forward pack but to my amazement they are one of the best things in this team.
    It's too early in the season for a coach to write it off (especially when we are 9th) and start chopping and changing to blood possible future players or "try" players in different positions.
    Some of these losses are harder to swallow because we were competitive when we never thought we would have been.

Just reiterating, with the exception of last week.

With the exception of last week, if I'm being honest with myself, the team is overperforming. I had no confidence in T. Roberts, I wasn't expecting to even see Ash play first grade this year and (gulp) Zillman hasn't been Zillman in his last two outings. Friend strengthens up the middle and Bird is playing like its a contract negotiations. No Mortimer this week but is replaced with Moseley who hasn't performed liked we had hoped when people were comparing him to a young Cam Smith. From where I was sitting preseason it was like we were signing a retirement village of a forward pack but to my amazement they are one of the best things in this team.
    It's too early in the season for a coach to write it off (especially when we are 9th) and start chopping and changing to blood possible future players or "try" players in different positions.
    Some of these losses are harder to swallow because we were competitive when we never thought we would have been.

Good post mate, sums it up for me as well.

The really disheartening thing about last week was even though there had been a clear out of a lot of players the team went back to the bad habits of previous years. After the start this year I was hoping that we had moved past that lame duck hit it up for a cross field kick style that was so prevalent for so many years.
    Here's hoping that we get back to the type of footy we showed before last week and things improve.

Rep Player

Hoffman, Don, Nene and Morts in my eyes arent performing (key positions). Zillman I would 100% have in my team given his last 2 performances just in the centres as mead is a better fullback. What I meant was apart from most of our backline the rest of the team have been doing fantastic (like you said apart from last week). Our halves and forwards is what has been keeping us in the game and also winning our first few games.

I think now would be the time to at least bring Davis and GL up and give Nene and Don some time in Q-Cup. The alarm bells our past 3 loses is that we are an extremely competitive team but our backs just arent offering anything apart from Mead and the odd Zillman timed backline run. Biggest thing I have noticed is watching Nene and Don's side of defence it always seems to be backpedalling with the threat of an overlap occuring from Don and Nene not marking up. Teams are starting to notice and exploit this now. Major changes arent needed but I have seen enough of a slide especially in Don and Nene to warrant a change
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 20-04-16 at 10:33 AM.

I must be missing something? I agree about Nene but why the knives for Don? I have only seen the occasional mishap (as all players have). The only stand out was when he was being unselfish last week going for a bomb and he tapped it back when he would have scored had he held on to it. As for defense, if the team doesn't slide or Nene creeps in too far he has no choice but to move in also, which leaves a huge gap down the touchline. Very very similar to what Mead had to do last year with Roberts inside him.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I must be missing something? I agree about Nene but why the knives for Don? I have only seen the occasional mishap (as all players have). The only stand out was when he was being unselfish last week going for a bomb and he tapped it back when he would have scored had he held on to it. As for defense, if the team doesn't slide or Nene creeps in too far he has no choice but to move in also, which leaves a huge gap down the touchline. Very very similar to what Mead had to do last year with Roberts inside him.
    Look I really like Don and he is solid under the high ball but he doesn't add anything in attack and has a number of defensive lapses during the game. The big thing is that he really doesnt elevate the team and he has no pace. When you have guys like Davis and GL who have all the potential in the world to be really explosive first graders I guess it comes down to when you pull the trigger.

Don is obviously not apart of our future so when do you make the switch. To me Don has looked really sluggish with each game so I think now would be the time. Full agree with you on Nene though he needs QCup time bad to get his defensive timing right. Also for all the pace he showed on that runaway try he seems to jink and jive at the line. To me Davis has shown he is a big damaging runner who can crash through/over the line so if he is fit I would have him there.

I definitely agree you cant over-react and change a team every time there is a bad game. The big thing to me though is in past seasons when do we accept mediocrity as the norm and when do we begin to ask what justify's 1st grade selection. To me the exciting thing is that we seems to be building great junior talent and hopefully if we continue to build we will begin to see competition for starting spots.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 20-04-16 at 01:14 PM.

I got biiiig issues with Hoff, bigger issues with him than Zilly, would love to see Davis back in that spot.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

i think DOn was actually really good last week. got two good line breaks that were from his own creation, one of which big metres and Tyrone scored next play after getting a crack at the shot defense.

He should have just scored that try instead of tapping it, but otherwise it was his best game of the year.

Kierran Moseley hopes to use his recall to the NRL team to not only secure his immediate future in the top grade but also open the door to a contract extension at the Gold Coast Titans.

With Daniel Mortimer ruled out with a hamstring strain for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium Moseley returns to the first grade team for the second time this season and at the venue where he won consecutive grand finals with the Panthers in under-20s in 2013 and the NSW Cup team a year later.

The Canterbury clash will be his first in the NRL at ANZ Stadium but how long he stays in the top grade will depend on what contribution he can make off the bench on Saturday.

Moseley’s only NRL game this season was against Canberra in Round 4 where he helped to inspire a second-half comeback with his work around the ruck but says he doesn’t feel any pressure to perform, just an opportunity to play his natural game against the big Bulldogs forward pack.

"It's not really pressure," Moseley told NRL.com.

"The best way for you to approach it is to play the normal style of play that you do play each week and what's pretty much got you there.

"You put the pressure on yourself and then you start worrying about not being there next week and things like that but for myself I'm just going to try and do what I've been doing down in Q Cup and a little bit more."

Fighting for a spot in the 17 during the pre-season alongside the likes of Mortimer, Nathan Friend and Matt Srama, Moseley suffered a syndesmosis injury to his right ankle during a wrestling session and missed all the club’s trial games.

It gave Mortimer and Friend the jump on him but he has been diligently working away in the background to improve his kicking game to the point where it can be used as an attacking weapon by the team.

With kicking options to his left and right in halves Ashley Taylor and Tyrone Roberts, Moseley doesn’t expect to be called upon to kick any 40/20s on Saturday but said in order to keep pace with other hookers in the NRL he needs to be able to execute under pressure in the attacking zone.

"I have been working on my kicking game. It's only going to help the team and help my chances of being in the team. I'm still working on kicking in general play," said Moseley, who has kicked just 10 times in 17 NRL games for the Titans to date.

"You've got to have that as part of your game because which way the fullback positions himself, he's just looking at the halves and it's an easier option for the hooker to jump out and put one in [to the in-goal] to get a repeat set and build pressure.

"In 20s I loved jumping down a short side, looking up and playing up and dropping one in. I did get a few of them in 20s but being first grade it's a little bit harder with the amount of feet going down short sides and halves wanting to kick.

"It's a bit harder in first grade but I still need to work on that."

Coaching staff at the Titans have been impressed in recent weeks with the way Moseley has been bringing forwards onto the ball whilst playing for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup and he admits that he needs to trust his instincts more in the NRL arena.

"I sort of come into first grade and hold back a bit but Neil [Henry, Titans coach] and the staff have given me a bit of confidence and telling me to play how I play and to do pretty much what has got me to where I am now," said the soon-to-be 22-year-old.

"The structures from last year in the first grade team is a lot different to this year.

"Neil and the coaching staff are trying to push that a bit more for us hookers because of the reduction in the interchanges and to bring us into the game a little bit.

"If I keep my eyes up and what's happening around the ruck that helps me a lot when I get the chance to play first grade."

Currently studying a Certificate IV in Youth Work, Moseley told NRL.com that he has settled well on the Gold Coast and is eager to stay at the Titans beyond the 2016 season.

"I'd love to stick around the club and be here for a while," said Moseley, who is one of four hookers off contract at the Titans this season.

"The club has been really good to me in getting me up here and giving me an opportunity and I'm just trying to do my best to get another contract."

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I got biiiig issues with Hoff, bigger issues with him than Zilly, would love to see Davis back in that spot.
    Agreed! he seems to be first picked each week on reputation alone. Seems to stifle our attack with a inability to pass and is a huge defensive liability.