Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 8: BULLDOGS vs TITANS

<br><br><table width='90%' class='theader'><tr style='font-weight: bold; height: 140px;'><td width='40%' class='bgimg bul'>&nbsp;</td><td width='20%' rowspan='2' style='text-align: center; font-size: 60px;'>vs</td><td width='40%'class='bgimg tit'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px;'><td width='40%'>Canterbury Bulldogs</td><td width='40%'>Gold Coast Titans</td></tr></table><br>
    Sat 23 Apr, 3:00PM ANZ Stadium
    <br><br><table width="100%" id="teams"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="right" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="right"><div>Will Hopoate</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Curtis Rona</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Morris</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Kerrod Holland</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Sam Perrett</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Reynolds</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Moses Mbye</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Aiden Tolman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Michael Lichaa</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>James Graham</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Jackson</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Tony Williams</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Greg Eastwood</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Sam Kasiano</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Tim Browne</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Klemmer</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Adam Elliott</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Lloyd Perrett</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Craig Garvey</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="right"><div>Des Hasler</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="center" width="20%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td class="tl_position">Fullback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Five-eighth</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Halfback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Hooker</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Lock</td></tr><tr><td align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td class="tl_position">Coach</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="left" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><div>William Zillman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Anthony Don</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Josh Hoffman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Nene Macdonald</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>David Mead</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Tyrone Roberts</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ashley Taylor</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>David Shillington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Nathan Friend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ryan James</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Zeb Taia</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Chris McQueen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Greg Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Luke Douglas</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Leivaha Pulu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Agnatius Paasi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Kierran Moseley</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Eddy Pettybourne</div></td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="left"><div>Neil Henry</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This game could be really ugly. Dogs will be primed after losing tonight.

Rep Player

I've lost faith in Henry to be honest. Im expecting a unchanged team with Bird in and Paasi back to the bench. Falling into the Carty trap of playing favourites regardless of form. After today im not expecting much from us. I pray Bird reads the team the riot act and leads from the front. At this stage we know Zillman will be fullback regardless of form. Hoffman, Don and Nene will all be there taking the place of a junior and Morts will be there over Cullen.

I know this wont happen but
    1 Mead is our best FB
    2 Robert-Davis/GL/Kelly give 1 of them a run drop Hoffman Zillman and Don
    3 Macdonald
    4 Davis
    5 Olive
    6 Robert
    7 Taylor/Cullen if Taylor not recover but would sooner he be given a rest
    8 Shillington
    9 Friend
    10 Douglas
    11James out a bit wider and got to middle to replace Douglas
    12 Taia
    13 Bird
    14 Paasi
    15McQueen give Bird and Taia a rest
    16 Pulu/Peteru is Pulu is injured
    17Lawton/Cullen/Mosely anyone but not Mortimer
    Go Titans

I'm confident of a win. Last week was disappointing and didn't reflect the effort we put in. We are still sitting ninth and it will be a great test for us. I like what Henry is doing, although he made a few errors last week. You have to try things and maybe he just wanted to mix things up. Compared to this time last year we are 100 times better, on and off the field. I would dearly love some of the younger outside backs get a run. I liked the direction we were headed in the first five rounds. Without "zilly" bashing we just don't seem to have the urgency when he's playing. Mead needs to be fullback. There will be complacency among the dogs, there always is and we seem to go fairly well against them. Our forward pack is awesome, just need to cut out the missed tackles and work for each other in defence. I think everyone was a little let down by our effort last week because we have been playing so well up until then. Looking forward to a quality win. Up the Titans!!!

Guessing that Moseley will come in for Mortimer, Bird in for Pulu and Burr in for Pettybourne. Seems like that would be most likely but we will find out tomorrow I guess.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Good news is that sanity has prevailed and Ryan James isn't on the charge sheet for this weeks judiciary.

Peteru has been back for a week or so i think.I wouldnt mind seeing him in the team

I really want to see Lynch get a go, but with peteru and Burr still on the raider im happy to just see some young guys get a go regardless. Burr needs some work but i think we can still get some good out of him. mosely has been a bit disappointing but what can you do i guess?

Peteru is the go for me can get some good meters and has a good off load and dont miss many tackles
    I like Burr but he misses a lot of tackles
    Has anyone heard how Taylor is ? I like him to play but think he should be rested for a week Cullen would do ok again
    Moseley I am guessing to get that bench spot or will Lawton get his chance he can play half as well
    Put Macdonald back to left centre and leave him there and bring in Davis on the right
    Zillman left wing but would sooner Olive and put Hoffman the right wing but would sooner U/20 Robert -Davis there
    Mead to FB but I know it not happen looks like ou forwards will have to win it for us

What kind of teams beat the 'Dogs? Busy teams that move their big forwards around. My worry for this game is our forwards seem to be running out of steam and are falling back into that 4 hit-ups to an inside ball and a kick ... we'll need more than that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

just for interest davis has been in good form in the qld cup, as has peteru, burr and lawton

i really cant blame henry if he plays burr, he has been great in qld cup- just needs to show it in 1st grade

olive hasnt been amazing in qld cup, i would pick davis ahead of him now

Junior

If we have Zillman, Mortimer and Hoffman in the side for this match, I predict we'll be routed.

Even without them we'd probably lose, but I would rather see young, hungry players getting experience (and getting better) than watch these three 'veterans' punching a clock for a paycheck.

I'm pretty sure Mortimer will be out after the hamstring strain from last week. Zilly hasn't done anything to lose his spot. Hoffman will play so we need Ash or Roberts to develop their cut out pass. Hopefully LG can give them some pointers.

I'm with you Manzo, I think Davis would make a good edition to the squad. Didn't he play 2nd row for Parra in the lower grades?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mortimer will be out after the hamstring strain from last week. Zilly hasn't done anything to lose his spot. Hoffman will play so we need Ash or Roberts to develop their cut out pass. Hopefully LG can give them some pointers.

I'm with you Manzo, I think Davis would make a good edition to the squad. Didn't he play 2nd row for Parra in the lower grades?
    Davis played centre in SG Ball, wing for Aus schoolboys and then Centre/Fullback for Eels NYC.