Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What a ****ful game , Henry needs to make some hard decisions next week. As soon as it went to golden point i knew we would not win. Bird is on fire but he seems the only one putting in 100% , both him and James.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I think that game is a true representation of where we stand. The players all tried hard but there are some areas that need a lot of work.

it's time we stopped using the "well we got close but we were just beaten by the better team" card and actually started to chase results. Henry needs to shed some players, we can't keep lying to ourselves and say this is descent football.*

*I am of course talking to Neil Henry and Titans staff. I know everyone here thinks along a very similar wavelength.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Not sure why Moseley is copping so much grief. He was brought on late in a game that was a real slogging affair and did what he could with limited chances. Made some mistakes but less than Zillman's dropped balls or Macdonald's missed tackles or Hoffman's hogging.

I liked very little about that game except that we dug in. Douglas was awesome in my opinion while Pulu and Paasi's go forward are great. I totally agree that Taia is a machine but McQueen is a burn-out in attack after covering MacDonald in defence. I'll save the best for last ...

Our half combination must be Cullen/Taylor ... Cullen's frantic defence really locks-up that left side ... Roberts should be the utility.

3 from 8 with 4 losses in a row means it's time for changes ... Davis for MacDonald, Olive for Don and if we have to have Zillman then get Mead back on the right.
    I think Moseley needs to be held to task on his 5th tackle option late in the game, hopefully that will come up in their review session. I can't agree that there wasn't much to like. I thought that was one of our best games to date.

Like the idea of Nene to Davis but that's a great idea regarding doing a "Penrith" and changing the halfs combination and moving Roberts to the Utility.

Honestly, while I'm disappointed by the loss I still can see we have improved 100% on last year. We seem to this year be fighting until the end and showing a heap of effort. One point of the game that stands out for me is the Ryan James charge down. That kind of effort is absolutely outstanding and shows that Ryan is putting his absolute best in. While effort doesn't win you games, it certainly builds character for the future.

Also, I think if we had Taylor today we probably win. 95% of Roberts kicks went straight to men and he couldn't kick a field goal. Can't say for sure but I reckon Ash would have nailed one.

We seem to just be missing that last piece of the puzzle. Getting so close but losing games by 1-6. Just lacking that extra bit. Once we find that, we will be competitive.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Entertaining game.

There wasn't anything new we didn't know. Attack sux, we need centres and good ole butterfingers is still FB. I think if Hoff lets go of 2 passes Mead scores, he is a big problem.

Stylistically the Titans match up well with the way the dogs play
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Slight technical hitch with the round 8 moejoe voting, Paasi is listed twice and Taylor is there instead of Cullen
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Given that they got so close to the Dogs tonight, the Coach won't make many changes for next week . Except for a dropped ball, Zillman had a fairly good game so he is safe ( not that he would ever be in danger). But Nene cannot continue to hold down a spot in first grade. His lack of commitment and technique in defence is shocking. Can only be Davis and Olive to choose from because the lads in NYC aren't up to first grade yet.

I think we've been calling for Nene to be dropped for quite a while now...funny how we notice he's down on form but the coach doesn't.

I'm a Neil Henry supporter. Love what he's done for our club.

But surely he realises something isn't working. I am a Nene fan in attack but his defence is being targeted. Would hope Davis comes in.

There needs to be some changes. Not sure we will see them though because we aren't being beaten by big margins.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 23-04-16 at 07:17 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I think we've been calling for Nene to be dropped for quite a while now...funny how we notice he's down on form but the coach doesn't.
    Who's your replacement ?

I too have to give Henry praise, but surely by now he can see something is the problem. I really think we should try a halves pairing of Cullen and Taylor, with Roberts off the bench. Zillman was okay but Nene and Don should probably be dropped. Nene is good in attack but he and don were ran all over today. Zillman showed alot of courage with some of his last moment tackles. I really think we should try to get 80 mins out of friend. he could have been the difference in the last 10 minutes of that match.

After the first 2 games this season I felt a change. I'm not sure if it was belief , trust, hope ... I really have no idea but I do believe that the coach has instilled something in this group.

They are scrambling , they are playing decent footy compared to seasons past and more importantly we are competing and not getting belted each week.
    Not forgetting we've got our chief playmaker out and are now relying on a bloke that has a couple of NRL games to his name. No pressure at all (?!?!?) but I reckon he's handling it brilliantly.

King was obviously p'd off at the presser as I'm sure the guys are as well.

I backed them to be in the final 8 after 2 rounds and I'm still on that bus.

Hang in there fellas - it's not far away.

tyrones upside to Cullen was his experience, but if a 100 game half cant get a field goal over the bar with three opportunities in good field position, then we might as well use Cullen instead of tyrone from here on out. Cullen pumped a mean 40/20, runs and tackles ( even if he misses some, he slows it down ala presto ), and fights till the end. for mine, he is like a smaller, less hot headed, but more skillful Paul Carter, and it is crystal clear in my mind he should be the bench utility. He could make a good little career out of it for a few years and then get picked up by another team, or come into our once someone steals Ash or LG for millions.

James and Bird were huge, and Taia was making heaps of runs when the going was tough. Pulu tried hard, but i dont think there is as big a gap between him and Paasi as there was 8 weeks ago. Pulu has improved and Paasi declined slightly. Douglas was strong too.

I'll stick my neck out and say that friend's value is more for team culture and professionalism, and defence more than attack. Im glad we have him, but i hope we find a long term solution soon.

Zill went back to what we know he is with some shoddy hands, and i was so excited about what Nene was gonna do this year, but he is a shadow of last years player.

Cannot fault our effort, but execution is wanting. with Meads extra metres from FB, maybe we are 10m closer for those Fg attempts today, maybe Davis gets a hand free and uses his ball handling that no one else in our backloine has to put Don away...

we are SO CLOSE due to the effort from forwards and our scramble...but the points / metres / ingredients we need are being lost at the selection table each week.

There are 2 problems in our side Hoffman and Zillman
    Nene is a Left centre playing on the right but made 27 tackle and only missed 2 so I dont get it why people are saying he cant make a tackle
    Josh Hoffman cant read plays hogs the ball should of passed 2 or 3 times today it took a cut out pass from Bird to Mead and miss Hoffman to score Zillman wont put his bidy on the line to stop a try Josh Jackson try where was
    Zillman jumping ovr him Mead would of tried every thing to stop it
    I really feel sorry for the players this week most of them played with big hearts and to go down in extra time
    Everyone knows Roberts cant kick field goals so why didnt our Captain step up and take it he has kicked them before
    Moseley and Cullen had good games
    I yhik we will not win many games with Zillman in the FB and Hoffman centre spot