Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    First Grader

Roberts showed at the Knights he lacked confidence and skills. Apart from a go and show, he is a one trick pony and nothing else. He cannot prise a defence open with ball skills and he passes so far away from the defensive line that it poses no threats at all to the defence. Compare his skill set to that shown by Cullen in only his second game when he double pumped to put Taia in for the try. Roberts leadership in golden point was non existant and I will be glad when Elgey and Taylor are our halves next year with Cullen the back up.

The centres are also in need of a major overhaul with Nene and Hoff clearly out of their depth as centres.

Bombing on the 3rd tackle, 30 metres out at 20 all with 5 minutes to go. WTF!

Roberts does not have a football brain. Sorry Tyrone.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Bombing on the 3rd tackle, 30 metres out at 20 all with 5 minutes to go. WTF!
    That was tragic.

Happy to see us compete and get back into it. Very encouraging. But we really were found out in experience and organisation.

I really enjoyed seeing Mead's try and some lovely play leading up to it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm not blaming this game on Roberts. We knew when he came here he wasn't a game winning half or we would have had to pay more than $150K for him. As a QLDer I've sat back for years and watch the supposed best halfs NSW can muster miss field goals time and time again. Heck last week it took Cronk three attempts. A win would have been great again but it wasn't expected.

Hopefully some subtle changes next week and we keep improving. At least we aren't getting 50 or 60 points put on us. We are competitive and the law of averages says that at sometime we will steal a win.

Just watched the replay & it's great to see the boys never throw the towel in no matter what the scoreline is but the coaching decisions still need plenty of work , for me Henry's biggest mistake (apart from picking Zillman in the squad)was not putting Friend back on in the last 10 minutes , we needed experience & Mosely showed he has zero when it was required , I would like to see Cullen given a go as our utility on the bench some stage throughout the season, he may be a better option than Morts.

Great games from our forward pack again today Bird & James are playing brilliant footy along with Zeb,Pulu & Douglas is hitting some really good form now, Passi was much quieter this week.......I think Macdonald could be something special if he wasn't so lazy

Bring on the Melbourne Prawns
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think Macdonald could be something special if he wasn't so lazy
    I knew he was another E Tonga, if they just knew what they could do with a diff attitude
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Probably not the best game from Tyrone Roberts , however to me our biggest problem is lack of kickers. When there only two kicking options we become predictable. The Bulldogs knew every time who the ball was headed to on the fifth tackle. We need a hooker and a fullback who are both kicking options as well. No secret we are a better side with Ash Taylor playing.
    I am still not convinced that Moseley is our long term hooker and our current fullback options seem unable to kick or pass.