15.Pj Marsh - to swap with Smith 20 min mark of each half
    16.Carl Webb - Killer
    17.Petro - Still not certain with this one

Easy game plan

15min Ross off - Webb on
    25min Smith off - Pj Marsh on
    30min Price off - Petro On
    Thurston off - Bowen on
    (Bowen moves to fullback, Lockyer to 5/8)

Bennett said that Lockyer wont go back to fullback, but I disagree to that and think K.Hunt should play five eight and Lockyer should be fullback. It's funny because when I was in Brisbane a lot of Broncos supporters agreed or even mention it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoe
    It's obvious that he has no aspiration to play fullback, Which I think is fair enough. Although at fullback the Broncos would have a great player with lockyer. However if its the running game he likes Give him a run on the wing or even in the centers.

He really did struggle on the weekend against the Cowboys and as you mentioned Deegan he was outplayed by Thurston from Kick off till the time he left the field.

As far as Bennett ruining his origin chances, My opinion is HELL YES.. If lockyer continues to play in this position at the decreased performance we have seen on sunday. I would say that even a spot on the bench for Origin one would be a long shot.

I truly think it is Lockyer hurting his own chances, not Bennett. I think Bennett would be quite happy to move him back, but it seems the more likely scenario is that Lockyer himself doesn't want to move back. I think it's too much pride mixed with needing a change that is stopping him from switching back.
    :beer: :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007
    I think Bennett would be quite happy to move him back, but it seems the more likely scenario is that Lockyer himself doesn't want to move back
    Bennett moved Lockyer there in 2004 and has kept him there as he sees it as being in the best interests of the team as does Lockyer I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Bennett moved Lockyer there in 2004 and has kept him there as he sees it as being in the best interests of the team as does Lockyer I might add.
    How do you know? If that is just what you've heard throuh the media, I'd be skeptical! There was also an article recently quoting Bennett saying he'd move Locky back.
    :beer: :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007
    How do you know? If that is just what you've heard throuh the media, I'd be skeptical! There was also an article recently quoting Bennett saying he'd move Locky back.
    I know as much as Bennett and Lockyer have told the media - what I posted is common knowledge in league circles.

And yes, Bennett is quoted as saying that he would move Lockyer to fullback IF he had too. Articles following that, Lockyer is quoted as saying he won't be moving back to fullback as five-eight is where the team needs him regardless if it impacts on representative honors.

I know as much as Bennett and Lockyer have told the media - what I posted is common knowledge in league circles.

And yes, Bennett is quoted as saying that he would move Lockyer to fullback IF he had too. Articles following that, Lockyer is quoted as saying he won't be moving back to fullback as five-eight is where the team needs him regardless if it impacts on representative honors.
    \

seriously - i know locky and bennett probably more than you do - i never believe the media as said by Justin Hodges once before to me - its a crock of ****

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro
    \

seriously - i know locky and bennett probably more than you do - i never believe the media as said by Justin Hodges once before to me - its a crock of ****
    Your point being? I know NRL types though there I feel no need to name drop here - it doesn't give validity to your post by writing such a statement HodgoBerro. I know you get some pics at fan days or open training sessions, great stuff, more power to you, though I am certain the coach and captain are not discussing team selection headaches with you either.

Are you suggesting all the quotes in the media re: the Lockyer five-eight will he or won't he debacle are fabricated? The media can be guilty of twisting a story at times though this has been reported consistently by various sources.

For some members:

I'll move Lockyer, Bennett says
    By Wayne Heming
    March 17, 2006

BRISBANE coach Wayne Bennett says he has the courage to remove five-eighth Darren Lockyer from the defensive line if the former fullback is unable to solve his tackling problems this NRL season.

One game into the 2006 premiership, and two weeks after declaring he'd never return Lockyer to fullback, Bennett admits he may be forced to make the change to spare Lockyer a weekly pounding that dulls his attacking brilliance.

"I've got to be flexible," Bennett who switched Lockyer to five-eighth in 2004 to give Brisbane more attacking spark, said.

"I wouldn't be afraid to move him if that's what I've got to do."

Bennett cautioned the media about getting ahead of themselves when asked if Karmichael Hunt would be Brisbane's new five-eighth.

"I was asked if I would have the courage to do it ... I said I would, but I didn't say I was moving him," Bennett said.

For Brisbane to be successful, the defence must be in order - which means Lockyer pulling his weight in that department.

"I can't just be committing suicide with the rest of the guys and putting my head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away," Bennett said after Hunt trained a lot at first receiver ahead of the match against the Sharks tomorrow.

"We've either got to get it right or we've got to make another decision."

Advertisement:
    Lockyer's defence was questioned 24 times by the Cowboys during their 36-4 win last weekend, and he failed the test on 11 occasions.

He was replaced midway through the second half with an arm injury, and was a spent force after the game.

Other teams have attacked Lockyer, with Parramatta's Nathan Hindmarsh and Manly's Ben Kennedy both targeting the pivot last season in a bid to drain his energy.

Former players, including Laurie Daley, have expressed concerns about Lockyer's health and longevity if he continues to take a battering.

They also believe Lockyer is far more effective for Brisbane when playing fullback, from which position he can use his vision and agility to attack.

"I'm continually in consultation with him about a number of issues and it's not something we are unaware of, not working on or trying to improve," Bennett said of the projected switch.

"You have to muscle-up, get the job done, or you pay the consequences. We paid the consequences last weekend."

Bennett agreed with the perception that Lockyer looked unhappy but said it was a "misconception".

"He's as good as I've seen him the last couple of years," he said.

"The team was struggling last week and no one was happy.

Bennett said Lockyer felt the pressure when the Broncos were struggling.

"That's the type of personality that he is," he said.

"He worries. He worries about the team performance. He worries about his own and he carries that in his body language."
    and

Lockyer still has one to consider
    By Steve Ricketts
    March 20, 2006

BRONCOS skipper Darren Lockyer yesterday backed himself to play five-eighth for the entire 2006 NRL season despite widespread calls for his return to fullback.

Lockyer, who played a starring role in Brisbane's 16-12 win over Cronulla at Toyota Park on Saturday night, would not rule out a return to fullback one day but said it was unlikely it would be this year.

The 29-year-old said he wanted to do whatever was best for the Broncos and he did not care what the implications were for his representative future.

Dally M Medal winner Johnathan Thurston, from the Cowboys, has staked a claim for the Test and Queensland five-eighth spot while Anthony Minichiello is guaranteed the Australian fullback job.

"The representative stuff is not an issue," Lockyer said. "That's for the rep selectors to decide.

"It's what the Broncos need that is most important, not what I feel, and at the moment it's me playing five-eighth and Karmichael Hunt playing fullback."

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett said on Friday he would not be afraid to switch Lockyer to fullback after Lockyer turned in a poor display at five-eighth in the opening- round 36-4 loss to the Cowboys.

"The key to what Wayne said is that he would only do it if he thought it was the right thing to do," Lockyer said. "That's way down the track. I'm happy to stay at five-eighth. It [a switch to fullback] won't happen soon."

Lockyer played 56 minutes against the Cowboys before retiring with an arm injury but lasted the full 80 minutes against the Sharks even though he was the victim of a high shot from Origin teammate Ben Ross in the 59th minute. It left Lockyer with a cut above the left eye.

At that stage Cronulla led 12-4 with the Broncos' only try scored by second-rower Brad Thorn after a great run from dummy half by hooker Michael Ennis in the 44th minute.

Lockyer set up prop Shane Webcke for a barnstorming try in the 65th minute and then halfback Brett

Seymour's chip and chase and a Lockyer grubber kick created a try for Casey McGuire in the 69th minute for the final scoreline. It was the third time in a row the Broncos had won 16-12 at Toyota Park.

"It was a relief but as a team we weren't thinking about the fact we finished last season with seven losses," Lockyer said. "We just viewed the loss to the Cowboys as nothing more than a first-round loss."

Webcke said the Broncos had acquitted themselves well on an emotional night as the Sharks honoured Steve Rogers with a video tribute to his life, a minute's silence and the presentation of jerseys to his widow Ingrid and sons Mat and Don. Rogers died on January 3, aged 51.

Your point being? I know NRL types though there I feel no need to name drop here - it doesn't give validity to your post by writing such a statement HodgoBerro. I know you get some pics at fan days or open training sessions, great stuff, more power to you, though I am certain the coach and captain are not discussing team selection headaches with you either.

Are you suggesting all the quotes in the media re: the Lockyer five-eight will he or won't he debacle are fabricated? The media can be guilty of twisting a story at times though this has been reported consistently by various sources.
    where DeeGan? Sydney? they are the worst to fabricate a story on Lockyer.
    I know Lockyer pretty well - i see in his personality that he's not getting cut down by WB in his origin chances.

I know i get pics at fan day and that but so does a lot of people!

I've gone to at least a training session a week for the last two years - please don't tell me that i don't know the players well enough for this crap to happen.

i always ask questions at training so people - mainly the broncos hq forum has some sort of idea of whos in and out.

I think we should just all agree that the decision is up to both Darren Lockyer and Wayne Bennett. They are the only ones that know what will happen; no matter what is published by newspapers or what is said by rugby league experts or fans.

who was the 1st to blame lockyer on the 7 losses last year - the newspapers

who was the 1st to cut down hodges when he rejoined the broncos? - the newspapers

who was the 1st to blame WB and Lockyer 2 weeks ago after the cowboys beat us? - the newspapers

who was the 1st to make up a story about lockyer leaving brisbane for a sydney club? - the newspapers

need i say more??

where DeeGan? Sydney? they are the worst to fabricate a story on Lockyer.
    I know Lockyer pretty well - i see in his personality that he's not getting cut down by WB in his origin chances.

I know i get pics at fan day and that but so does a lot of people!

I've gone to at least a training session a week for the last two years - please don't tell me that i don't know the players well enough for this crap to happen.

i always ask questions at training so people - mainly the broncos hq forum has some sort of idea of whos in and out.

I am telling you that I would not think for one minute you as a fan would be privy to team selections - no offense. I appreciate your a passionate fan, though it might pay to read what I have wrote before coming to the thread telling us "you know Locky and Benny" better than I. It has nothing to do with the thread.

I am not sure where this is all coming from to be honest, I have stated that Bennett playing Lockyer at five-eight is hurting the player once upon a time dubbed the best in the world. The stats prove that, 'proof is in the pudding'.

If we are going to pick the form five-eight for QLD, it is Jonathon Thurston.

who was the 1st to cut down hodges when he rejoined the broncos? - the newspapers

who was the 1st to blame WB and Lockyer 2 weeks ago after the cowboys beat us? - the newspapers

who was the 1st to make up a story about lockyer leaving brisbane for a sydney club? - the newspapers

need i say more??
    Yeah its true; but the more we let these types of stories affect us, the more that they win.........just ignore all the hot air which comes from down south and us Broncos fans want have anything to complain about.

Can those in the media not have an opinion on the form of Brisbane and Darren Lockyer?