Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

There are no gimmees in this comp. We may be giving it a good shot and loosing but so are they. Which team will rise to the occasion? I recon they will be thinking this is a great chance to break their run of outs.

The thing to remember with the Dragons is that they were 5 days into that game against Brisbane. It is tiring to here coaches belt on about it all the time but teams off a 5 day break have performed very poorly all season long.

They have had 9 days to prepare for this game against our 6. To put that in perspective they would have returned home, recovered and had a session on the field (Monday) before we even returned home from Sydney. In a competition as close as the NRL is those things matter.

They also get belted up by the two teams in the competition that are able to keep their foot on the gas for the full 80 minutes. They were close in both games before getting blown out in the last 10-15 minutes. If we continue to start slowly we may give them the confidence boost they sorely need.

We are playing an opponent that is down in the gutter but has a lot in its favor. Our attitude must be right for this game - we need to step right on their necks and keep them there.

Titans to contest Bird's grading severity. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Titans to contest Bird's grading severity. Fingers crossed.
    Crossed mine too ... he needs to go to church this week after not being cited for the challenge on Barba ... that one was really sailing close to the wind.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I can really see us losing this game badly.. Dragons will step up and shock us after terrible performances from them recently.

Junior

1William Zillman
    2Anthony Don
    3Josh Hoffman
    4Nene Macdonald
    5David Mead
    6Cameron Cullen
    7Ashley Taylor
    8David Shillington
    9Nathan Friend
    10Ryan James
    11Zeb Taia

12Chris McQueen
    13Greg Bird
    INTERCHANGE
    14Luke Douglas
    15Leivaha Pulu
    16Agnatius Paasi
    17Daniel Mortimer
    18Eddy Pettybourne

I was expecting something different. Roberts, Davis are supposed to be fit. Mortimer I thought would have got a week off.

Surely Mortimer shouldn't play with that gash ... minimum healing time 7-10 days. I don't mind Hoffman, Don and even Zillman getting another week's chance ... I've never been a fan of knee-jerk dumpings as much as 6 games is hardly knee-jerk and more like the dead duck disco
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Birdy failed at judiciary. Will miss a week

That's going to hurt. Hope the rest of the team is prepared to step up.

I would like to see McQueen moved closer in & take Birds sport with James on the edge
    #itaintweaktospeak

turns out matt cooper was on the judiciary panel. no wonder why bird lost. shouldn't have been on report in the first place. Leagues turning onto a softer game every year, within 5 years it'll become touch football all for "player welfare"

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    turns out matt cooper was on the judiciary panel. no wonder why bird lost. shouldn't have been on report in the first place. Leagues turning onto a softer game every year, within 5 years it'll become touch football all for "player welfare"
    Wasn't late, wasn't high, wasn't a shoulder charge. Wasn't even a penalty.
    Then the NRL outrageously puts club legend Matt Cooper on the panel.

There is no way anyone in the NSW/Brisbane hate media will say anything about this outrage.

St Merge by name can't stand on their own two feet. Typical sneaky stitch up.

It'll be on in the stands on Saturday.

I'm sick of this crap we put up with.

We are going to miss the Bird So i am guessing Paasi going to 13 ??? I would sooner McQueen there
    I would let Douglas start and James on on the right where McQueen plays and Paasi off the bench
    I think Mortimer should take a week off and see if Moseley or Lawton can step up
    Peteru would be good on the bench but needs a few weeks in Qcup to get match fitness
    Just hope Shillo has a big game he needs it Davis should be in for Hoffman Olive/GL/BK/ Robert-Davis should be in for Don
    Go the Titans

What does Greg Birds judiciary hearing and the Dragons scoreboard have in common...

... Both are pointless