Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 7: TITANS vs DRAGONS

<br><br><table width='90%' class='theader'><tr style='font-weight: bold; height: 140px;'><td width='40%' class='bgimg tit'>&nbsp;</td><td width='20%' rowspan='2' style='text-align: center; font-size: 60px;'>vs</td><td width='40%'class='bgimg dra'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px;'><td width='40%'>Gold Coast Titans</td><td width='40%'>St George Illawarra Dragons</td></tr></table><br>
    Sat 16 Apr, 3:00PM Cbus Super Stadium
    <br><br><table width="100%" id="teams"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="right" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="right"><div>William Zillman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Anthony Don</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Hoffman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nene Macdonald</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Mead</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Cameron Cullen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ashley Taylor</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Shillington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nathan Friend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ryan James</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Zeb Taia</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Chris McQueen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Greg Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Luke Douglas</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Leivaha Pulu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Agnatius Paasi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Daniel Mortimer</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Eddy Pettybourne</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="right"><div>Neil Henry</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="center" width="20%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td class="tl_position">Fullback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Five-eighth</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Halfback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Hooker</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Lock</td></tr><tr><td align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td class="tl_position">Coach</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="left" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><div>Josh Dugan</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Kalifa Faifai Loa</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Euan Aitken</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Tim Lafai</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jason Nightingale</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Gareth Widdop</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Benji Marshall</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Leeson Ah Mau</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Mitch Rein</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Russell Packer</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Tyson Frizell</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Joel Thompson</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jack de Belin</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Mike Cooper</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Will Matthews</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Dunamis Lui</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Siliva Havili</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Josh McCrone</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td align="left"><div>Paul McGregor</div></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We'll win this one.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

if we had have got over the line today, we would be sat nice and pretty at 4-2 and only lost to the two ladder leaders, storm and broncs... we are now 3-3 and back in the pack.

Need to win games like this to get ahead in the ledger.

We will compete all year but apart from finishing higher than Newie and the Tigpies, we can only hope to compete ... in saying that, this is the best season of hope and hate since 2007. New players, poor reffing, close games, not giving in ... loving it.

Injuries aside, I would like to see this team run out:

1. Mead (not sure if I prefer him on the left wing but then who am I?)
    2. Hoffman (if you can't pass nor kick and you're an outside back then this is where you play or in QCup)
    3. Zillman ( always brings more comment than any other player in 100+ years of league)
    4. MacDonald (last chance on the right)
    5. Davis (need that size across the field and Don just can't seem to get out of a jog)
    6. Roberts (we need his experience and kicking game)
    7. Taylor (run at the line lad)
    8. Shillington (last chance to lead from the front before the bench beckons)
    9. Friend (first picked each week)
    10. Paasi (needs to start with a good kick up the din from Bird)
    11. Taia (second picked each week)
    12. McQueen (efforts not recognised as he covers whoever plays right centre)
    13. Bird (needs to be told we are playing the Sharks every week)

14. James (must be reminded that he hasn't played Origin yet and may never unless he just digs in)
    15. Douglas (jealously eyeing-off Shillington's starting position)
    16. Pulu (really brings our bench alive)
    17. Cullen (totally agree that he is a hooker of the future with a kick)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Take an early field goal in the first set of six that should be enough to get over the dragons

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Take an early field goal in the first set of six that should be enough to get over the dragons
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

nah dragons are due. mary would have drilled them, and will expect a better performance from them. We're rocks and diamonds right now so i would expect anything.

- - - Updated - - -

just found out we're at home, might make it a bit easier for us actually.

Losing back to back games is a downer but when you lose 3 in a row everyone stops taking you seriously , Saturday Arvo is a must win game
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Hahahahahahha love it

oved the comment lonegull
    This is the way i would pick the team this week
    1 MEAD
    2 Zillman cuz he has to be in the side BS to me but DON needs to be dropped for a wake up call
    3 Macdonald aka BigMac always make meter in that spot
    4 Davis if he is fit Olive if he is not and drop Hoffman as a wake up call
    5 Olive or 1 of the U/20 player
    6 Roberts if fit but happy if Cullen get another run
    7 Atay cool name has impoved with every game
    8 Douglas Needs to start was our best last year but I think everyone has fogotten that
    9 Friend is our best in that spot
    10 Shillington last chance to keep his starting spot Petteru and Tuiasau are back soon
    11 Taia has had some good game but feel he needs to have a rest in the game but needs to be on the last 20min
    12 McQueen has been good need to lead a bit more on the right side i know it not the side he like best
    13 Bird is killing it makes me eat my words every week and should have no problem with getting off
    14 James plays better off the bench
    15 has the impact we need off the bench
    16 Pulu has been very good just keep improving
    17 if we are going with a utility i would look at Lawton or Cullen both could give Friend a rest I think Mortimer we miss this game
    I am not sure how Moseley is doing
    anyway go get the Titans

For those that haven't heard. Bird has been cited for a grade 2 careless high tackle. Attracts 125 base points but he has 2 priors in the last two years so 20% loading. If early guilty (131 points) or found guilty (175 points) he misses a week. I personally hope they fight it. Spend some of the NRL's money on legal fees.

For those wondering, no Ennis wasn't cited for his shot on Friend or for the conduct after the fact in picking up a possibly concussed player.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    For those that haven't heard. Bird has been cited for a grade 2 careless high tackle. Attracts 125 base points but he has 2 priors in the last two years so 20% loading. If early guilty (131 points) or found guilty (175 points) he misses a week. I personally hope they fight it. Spend some of the NRL's money on legal fees.

For those wondering, no Ennis wasn't cited for his shot on Friend or for the conduct after the fact in picking up a possibly concussed player.
    Complete and utter crap. Cannot believe he was cited for that. Purely on reputation yet Ennis walks free after his disgraceful ****. If we were any other team with any other player if we thought I think we would win but being bird and being the titans we have no chance.

In regards to this game its a MUST win although im worried with Benji being back. My team would be:

1. Mead (deserves to be there. Should never of lost the spot)
    2. Hoffman (Like Zillman will be picked regardless but gives us nothing in attack or defence. Waste of a junior not being blooded)
    3. Zillman (showed enough last game to give him 1 chance this week. If he is fullback I give up)
    4. MacDonald (Enigma! Has the pace but is awful in defence and dances around at times. Run fast, run hard and get your defence right!!!)
    5. Davis (Last few games we have missed a huge centre crashing over the line. Time to go Don)
    6. Roberts (We look most deadly with him and Ash as last tackle options. Also gives us more go forward last week.)
    7. Taylor (run at the line lad (ditto titanic) )
    8. Shillington (needs to show more. Not running as hard as Dougie at the moment but his game against the raiders was huge. Ill put the last game down to rust after missing broncos game)
    9. Friend (first picked each week. Showed he can play 80 and tackle like a demon)
    10. James (Cut the crap out of the game but we need an enforcer out there and not just rely on bird to give us some stiffness. Runs harder each week)
    11. Taia (second picked each week)
    12. McQueen (Needs to run the ball more. I know he covers centre but there was a good 10 minute stretch when he didn't touch the ball last game.)
    13. Bird (The heart of the team. keep killin' em' bird)

14. Paasi (no where near as damaging as he was at the start of the season. Maybe Roberts being back will feed him some more quality ball out wide)
    15. Douglas (Could easily be run on)
    16. Pulu (Our best bench player for the last 3 weeks)
    17. Cullen (Was impressive last week although is he big enough to play hooker? I think so and he will be absolutely explosive brought on against a tired dragons outfit)
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 11-04-16 at 06:46 PM.

I must say, Ash, Zeb and Vaha are some seriously smart buys from the Titans.

I also must retract my previous statements that we don't need a centre. We definitely do, Not sure what's been up with Don these past fees weeks but based on how safe he is, he's always in my team.

Someone needs to tell Nene to charge at the line, he'd be one of the biggest on field but he always steps at the line, does so much damage when he runs straight like we saw in patches last year.

MacDonald needs Tommy Raudonikis to slap him around a few times before he runs on but let's not forget he is an outside back and has the character of a Caramello - a soft-centre, just joking
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Nene as a example has played in 3 or 4 diff positions to start the season.

Couple that with injuries to the playmakers it is no wonder we just don't look threatening in attack.

This weeks game vs the dragons wont be easy at all
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]