Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I would like to see McQueen moved closer in & take Birds sport with James on the edge
    what about James playing the middle role? its becoming pretty great position, and he has the motor to make it work.

I like him out wide, but he has been so good up front i dont want to let him get out of the rythm he has 9 last week wasn't his best week, but generally he has been on fire )

not saying you are wrong, just spitballing other ideas.

Rep Player

Complete horse**** about Bird. But we all knew on reputation alone and the QLD club judiciary bias he was never getting off.

I do agree you cant completely change a team after a loss but I certainly dont think last week necessitated a unchanged team. As said previously if Zillman is first picked by Henry each week for the team then he is a centre and not at fullback. He at least showed enough to have another shot this week with some strong runs. Don should be dropped and bring Davis through and push Nene out wide. If there was justice Hoffman would be dropped and Olive/GL brought back through but we all know that isn't happening and will most likely lose a promising back at the end of the season due to no opportunities.

Not overly confident at this stage. The dragons will come ready to play. I honestly think though given all our games this season if we can get off to just ONE good opening 20 and be the opening try scorer we could take this game by the first half. We need to be commended for out ability to grind back into a game but I would love to see us explode out of the blocks and dominate a team. Cant week to see Cullen with another week under his belt attacking the line.

Fingers crossed this is a MUST win
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 14-04-16 at 11:28 AM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Complete horse**** about Bird. But we all knew on reputation alone and the QLD club judiciary bias he was never getting off.

I do agree you cant completely change a team after a loss but I certainly dont think last week necessitated a unchanged team. As said previously if Zillman is first picked by Henry each week for the team then he is a centre and not at fullback. He at least showed enough to have another shot this week with some strong runs. Don should be dropped and bring Davis through and push Nene out wide. If there was justice Hoffman would be dropped and Olive/GL brought back through but we all know that isn't happening and will most likely lose a promising back at the end of the season due to no opportunities.

Not overly confident at this stage. The dragons will come ready to play. I honestly think though given all our games this season if we can get off to just ONE good opening 20 and be the opening try scorer we could take this game by the first half. We need to be commended for out ability to grind back into a game but I would love to see us explode out of the blocks and dominate a team. Cant week to see Cullen with another week under his belt attacking the line.

Fingers crossed this is a MUST win
    At this stage of the season this isn't a MUST win. But..it will be a good indicator of where we are actually at. We have started seasons in the past with some early wins but have then faded fast. To have any credibility we need to win the games against the lower ranked teams. My comment about the sameness of our outside backs from previous seasons stands. I cant see any improvement coming from them. If there isn't improvement then the young guys need to start learning at NRL level. I am not concerned with a oversupply of halves. To become a premiership contender we will need excellent halves not just good ones. Competition will bring out who is likely to go to the next level. Elgey has shown massive promise but who knows how he will pull up after a year out?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    At this stage of the season this isn't a MUST win. But..it will be a good indicator of where we are actually at. We have started seasons in the past with some early wins but have then faded fast. To have any credibility we need to win the games against the lower ranked teams. My comment about the sameness of our outside backs from previous seasons stands. I cant see any improvement coming from them. If there isn't improvement then the young guys need to start learning at NRL level. I am not concerned with a oversupply of halves. To become a premiership contender we will need excellent halves not just good ones. Competition will bring out who is likely to go to the next level. Elgey has shown massive promise but who knows how he will pull up after a year out?
    You dont want to drop 3 games in a row this early in the season, we currently are building a bit of a fortress at home and we are against a team that has not scored a point in 2 games. To me that screams must win. Its wont have a huge bearing on our top 8 aspirations and the rest of our season but in a "rebuilding year" these are the games you cant afford to drop at home. You want to keep winning, you want to keep improving and the wins are going to get the crowds through the gates to see a winning team. If we dont win this game it will be a big blow to the early promise and momentum we have showed

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    You dont want to drop 3 games in a row this early in the season, we currently are building a bit of a fortress at home and we are against a team that has not scored a point in 2 games. To me that screams must win. Its wont have a huge bearing on our top 8 aspirations and the rest of our season but in a "rebuilding year" these are the games you cant afford to drop at home. You want to keep winning, you want to keep improving and the wins are going to get the crowds through the gates to see a winning team. If we dont win this game it will be a big blow to the early promise and momentum we have showed
    I agree

I reckon this has a bit of a 'must win' feel about it. The comp is very, very even this year and there are going to be one or two teams in the eight at seasons end that are only there because they took care of business against teams below them on the ladder. They'll scrape into the 8 with something like a 2-7 record against other members of the 8 and get bundled straight out but atleast they played a final.

WE CAN BE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS!!

If eels cop a big punishment it will take one team out of the top 8 at seasons end
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like Roberts might make a return from injury against the Dragons:

http://www.nrl.com/five-eighth-rober...5/default.aspx

If he does, hopefully Mortimer fails the concussion test and Cam Cullen gets his place in the 17.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I reckon this has a bit of a 'must win' feel about it. The comp is very, very even this year and there are going to be one or two teams in the eight at seasons end that are only there because they took care of business against teams below them on the ladder. They'll scrape into the 8 with something like a 2-7 record against other members of the 8 and get bundled straight out but atleast they played a final.

WE CAN BE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS!!
    This game worries me as we could go in complacent against St George and get smacked. If Roberts is back that to me could be a good move to give us the experience in the halves to try and get us this win.

Titans also need a good win as the cross town code are flying high so we really need to go with the Suns in terms of wins on the board.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Looks like Roberts might make a return from injury against the Dragons:

http://www.nrl.com/five-eighth-rober...5/default.aspx

If he does, hopefully Mortimer fails the concussion test and Cam Cullen gets his place in the 17.
    Moseley is on standby if Mortimer is ruled out. Expect Mortimer to go into disguise as Friend and wear headgear.

When do you get your VCash from any wins (last week)?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    Excellent this game is ours for the taking now just need to not have a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    Regardless of how I (we) feel about Morts ability, if we are serious about player welfare he should be getting rested. He was out cold after that head knock, not to mention a massive laceration in his scalp. Tell me one doctor (ethical) that would allow someone to play a contact sport a week after those injuries.

Man I hate 3pm games, might miss the first half hour or so of this one.