Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Finishes next year I think. Interesting article here. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...9cbca37ccc6634
    It may be handy to cut and paste. Can't see it without a subscription as usual.

As for Henry, he isn't going anywhere. He's building a house down at Burleigh. Club hierarchy love him and to try and put another coach in now would only prolong the pain of "rebuilding" for another 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

RLW 5 things we learnt.......I'll skip to the Titans part

3. The Titans’ good start is unravelling.
    The team widely tipped for the wooden spoon silenced plenty of would-be experts with their three-from-four start to 2016 before pushing heavyweights Brisbane and Cronulla in rounds five and six . . . but they don’t give out competition points for respectable losses, and certainly not for lethargic performances like this one against a struggling St George Illawarra outfit. With games against Canterbury (away) and Melbourne (home) in the next fortnight, there’s every chance the Titans could head into the rep round with five losses on the trot and those pre-season predictions looking a little more accurate.

I think we missed Bird and his energy he brings. But still players need to step it up Don made some bad decisions Zillman was ok run over 200 meters but his timing is way off. I think we will finish 14-15th this year still a long way to go to be a force in the NRL. We need an X factor player but who will come here seems no one is interested.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I don't recall anyone calling for Henry's head after the wins.......

I firmly believe he is streets ahead of Carty. Before throwing that kind of comparison junk have around have a REALLY good think back the bad old days....

I also didn't see Henry out on the field......the players played poorly simple as that. Damn sure they don't train for that lethargy and lack of polish.

Absolutely Lacklustre at best. This team is way better than that as we have seen already this year.

Next week is another game and we do it all again.

that was pretty poor effort.

all the pre game changes left us unsettled and we didn't look fluent at all.

only bright spot was Ryan james really. 55 plus tackles and 20 runs for 170m is incredible. wont be many better outputs this year by anyone. his motor must be huuuge.

Paasi and Pulu tried really hard.

rest was a mess really. not sure about the cross field bombs...but then again we could have scored 3 tries from it if we could finish it off once we had caught it and let gravity do its thing.

Henry needs to pull the finger out and make some calls based on performance. He has a squad that can compete, but it needs the right players in the right places. we cant carry players when we are as average as we are.

And then either get a better game plan or get the players to follow it better.

its our first 'poor' effort for the year, so im going to wait and see before getting to out of shape about it, but that was hella frustrating, and we have big games coming up and our season could be gone before we know it.

I have just got home from the game. We were in a corporate box today and when we were leaving, my father ran into Gary Belcher coming out of the Fox box and they had a chat. GB felt that we didn't respond appropriately to the dragons sliding defence, we missed far too many tackles in the first half and he felt we did not have our halves running straight enough..all too sideways. I mentioned to him that when I get home I can bet that when I get onto this site, there will be people demanding for Zillman to be dropped, and probably Mortimer. GB could not understand Zillman being targeted. He said " he is a very good fullback and he had a good game today, particularly as it was his second run after a spell. He said Neil Henry and Terry Matterson have a high regard for Zillman and deservedly so. In regard to Motimer, he said that he provided energy that Friend didn't provide but he also said that he has a lot of errors in him. GB doesn't think Mead is a better fullback than Zillman yet but when he learns a few more things and stays in the game for the full 80 minutes, he could be really good. He spent the rest of the conversation raving about Dugan.

GB just repeating what Henry has told him
    Last edited by teke; 16-04-16 at 05:26 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Not reading previous posts , we were Shyte , I think Hemry had a head knock last week to leave Friend on the bench for the 1st half
    Taylor had a mighty fall from grace this week
    bird is Priceless to this team, Knights & Parra will be happy to watch us play this way & we still may challenge those 2 for the spoon....
    #itaintweaktospeak

I was at the game and we lacked urgency. Mortimer was useless. Pure and simple. We lacked the direction that bird plays in the ruck. Hoffman ha to pass the ball, mead is wasted on the wing. Absolute waste and he will leave if we don't recognize his ability. Surely we can train him for positional play, because he offers so much more in attack. My case is that on our second last play zillman ran a blindside play rather than setting himself out back to create an overlap. The backs hit the line harder than previous week's but made awful decisions in defence. Our forward pack can't do it all. I honestly think the dragons wanted that win more and it showed. Nene is turning into another idris, inconsistent and looks out of shape. Easy fix is to swap mead and zillman. Otherwise start blooding the young guys. Really disappointed in the effort, we should be sitting in the top eight if it wasn't for that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    I have just got home from the game. We were in a corporate box today and when we were leaving, my father ran into Gary Belcher coming out of the Fox box and they had a chat. GB felt that we didn't respond appropriately to the dragons sliding defence, we missed far too many tackles in the first half and he felt we did not have our halves running straight enough..all too sideways. I mentioned to him that when I get home I can bet that when I get onto this site, there will be people demanding for Zillman to be dropped, and probably Mortimer. GB could not understand Zillman being targeted. He said " he is a very good fullback and he had a good game today, particularly as it was his second run after a spell. He said Neil Henry and Terry Matterson have a high regard for Zillman and deservedly so. In regard to Motimer, he said that he provided energy that Friend didn't provide but he also said that he has a lot of errors in him. GB doesn't think Mead is a better fullback than Zillman yet but when he learns a few more things and stays in the game for the full 80 minutes, he could be really good. He spent the rest of the conversation raving about Dugan.
    I'm quickly learning to have absolutely no respect for commentators. Today they talk about Zillman coming back from a hamstring injury, it was calf and back. At the start of the season they were saying that Myles was the signing of the season cause he's a great 80 min forward who brings go forward to any team. These guys don't actually watch all the games or even follow the game as closely as your average fan.

To your amazement there aren't too many ppl (if any) calling for Zillman's head today and yes, I have asked Henry the same questions regarding Zillman and Mortimer. They do have the utmost respect for the pair, but the "they are some of the nicest blokes you'd ever meet" gets old. To say Mortimer provided a energy that friend didn't I don't agree with GB, his mistakes and dumb penalties sap our forwards of energy by having to defend the extra sets.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Not reading previous posts , we were Shyte , I think Hemry had a head knock last week to leave Friend on the bench for the 1st half
    Taylor had a mighty fall from grace this week
    bird is Priceless to this team, Knights & Parra will be happy to watch us play this way & we still may challenge those 2 for the spoon....
    i started to get confused when Friend didn't come on, I thought he was a late scratching.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm quickly learning to have absolutely no respect for commentators. Today they talk about Zillman coming back from a hamstring injury, it was calf and back. At the start of the season they were saying that Myles was the signing of the season cause he's a great 80 min forward who brings go forward to any team. These guys don't actually watch all the games or even follow the game as closely as your average fan.

To your amazement there aren't too many ppl (if any) calling for Zillman's head today and yes, I have asked Henry the same questions regarding Zillman and Mortimer. They do have the utmost respect for the pair, but the "they are some of the nicest blokes you'd ever meet" gets old. To say Mortimer provided a energy that friend didn't I don't agree with GB, his mistakes and dumb penalties sap our forwards of energy by having to defend the extra sets.
    Remember when one of them said Myles could fill in at 5/8 if needed. Maybe the worst thing I've heard from a commentator
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Just listened to the Titans presser. Pulu rib cartilage,Mortimer hammy and Pettyborne compound fracture of finger...all out next week.

So Mortimer was replaced due to injury? What a terrible toll for such a terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I don't recall anyone calling for Henry's head after the wins.......

That's because early in the season the team played with heart and grit. What we got today was a repeat of the crap that we hate so much.
    The proof will be how they perform over the next 4 weeks. If we continue to get more of today then there needs to be a major change. If they return to the form and effort of the first couple of weeks then perhaps this week was an aberration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It may be handy to cut and paste. Can't see it without a subscription as usual.
    NEIL Henry admits he is under pressure this season but he will pocket a $300,000 reward if he steers the Titans to this year’s finals.

Henry would secure his long-term future on the Gold Coast if the Titans make their first playoffs appearance in six years.

Speculation is rife Henry has only 10 games to get the Titans firing this season or risk being axed by Gold Coast bosses desperate to revive the club as a finals force.

But the 55-year-old has adequate incentive to silence his critics thanks to a contract clause that would secure a 12-month extension if the Titans made the top eight this season.

Henry is contracted until the end of next season. Entering his 10th season as an NRL coach, Henry has been around long enough to accept the cutthroat nature of his job but hopes results will see him rewarded with a deal for 2018.

“The Titans board are patient, but you can only be patient for so long because if you don’t get results, the pressure mounts,’’ Henry said.

- - - Updated - - -

When Henry was signed as the Titans coach after Carty went he had the exact same record as Carty over the exact same period of time. I commented then that I wasnt sure if we had upgraded our coach.