Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Didn't think zillman was that bad but we need mead at fullback. Take Hoffman off the team and put zillman in that centrelink position, drop don and put olive there, definitely drop mortimer easily our worst player, Cullen needs that utility position.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    So blame the coach - selection and team stability are everything
    Exactly. Mead was doing fine at the back, there was no reason to bring Zillman in, he doesn't add anything to the team that we don't already have. He is slow, you notice every time he tries to inject himself into the play he just runs and hits it up...no speed, no step, nothing. You give someone like Moylan, Munster or Teddy those chances and they'd be all over it. He is a rubbish fullback in today's game. I'm not saying he did anything wrong - just that he adds absolutely nothing.

All week all we talked about in the press was fixing our slow starts. We haven't achieved that, in fact we got worse today. I think the Mortimer experiment is a failure and as I said earlier he shouldn't have been chosen based on injury last week.

The team seems to have sorted out the Hoffman problem by throwing cut out passes. For me the reality of this season has sunk back in. I'll be interested to see how Henry reacts. This stinks of 2013-14. Very disappointed.

Just shows what Bird does for this team and why the decision to keep the captaincy off him was a farce.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 16-04-16 at 05:01 PM.

Rep Player

That was BAD. Im all for looking on the bright side but the only positive I can say is Mead is hands down our best back. Cant fault him out there today gave it his all and HE IS OUR FULLBACK.

For the bad.
    -Henry woeful coaching. The Mortimer/Friend experiment was a farce. It did neither of them any good and no impact.
    -Don and Nene need to go back to QCup. Poor defense and deadset bombed 2 tries. How someone of Nenes size places the ball on his lap and gets held up is beyond me.
    -Worst game from our halves kicking wise all season. Why we kept going to the air when Dugan had us covered is beyond me.
    -Our defensive line is an absolute mess. we REFUSE to come off the line and give away 10-20m a hitup.
    -Not 1 player near Widdop at the end there made a dive to stop the field goal.
    -Bird might not be our captain but he is obviously the team leader as there was no one doing that today.

There was some good positives to take out of last week but the game there today was about what the comp expected from us before round 1. Henrys inability to select out best 17 makes it hard to get excited for next week but onwards and upwards I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Not at all blaming him for the loss. He was once again one of our best.
    I'm starting to think that Teke is Meads grandmother. Always over protective.

To me we lacked heart today. No urgency and we were very complacent we looked like a team waiting for someone to do something.

One thing that we need and I wouldn't have said it till now is that we need a strike outside back.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

We need a strike anything and sadly, once again, predictions of a 13-16 finish are vindicated ... Dragons are a poor team, we're just worse.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    To me we lacked heart today. No urgency and we were very complacent we looked like a team waiting for someone to do something.

One thing that we need and I wouldn't have said it till now is that we need a strike outside back.
    Coote maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm starting to think that Teke is Meads grandmother. Always over protective.
    you must of had a nice granny.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We need a strike anything and sadly, once again, predictions of a 13-16 finish are vindicated ... Dragons are a poor team, we're just worse.
    Agreed im all for not making rash decision and dumping players after 1 bad game but in all our games so far what has Don, Nene and Hoffman done to justify their spot over our juniors coming through. Nene to me needs a good stint in QCup to learn defensive reads and positioning. Don and Hoffman have peaked and we would be better suited with Juniors coming through and blooding them.

Worst performance of the year from us. That's very disappointing.

I retract all my statements about not needing another centre (Hurrell).

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Coote maybe?
    yes please...far out we can dream can't we?

Beaten by the f...... Dragons

So pee'd off it ain't funny
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

What's the current situation with Henry's contract. Does it finish this year or next. Really disappointed with the effort today. Started season so well. Don't think Birdy would of made a great difference today. A game we should of won.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    What's the current situation with Henry's contract. Does it finish this year or next.
    Finishes next year I think. Interesting article here. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...9cbca37ccc6634