Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

COOTE!!! I can't state it strongly enough. Of all the players coming up that suit our needs it's this guy. A genuine NRL fullback who truly knows how to run the lines that will ignite Taylor and Elgey. He can pass, catch, carry and tackle too.

I am very much a Mead supporter, however, he has forged a career, perhaps not by his own desire, as an NRL wingman which makes him one of that lucky 1% who play out a long NRL career. He may have some grumblings about not being fullback but I think he wouldn't worry about it if we had a quality 1 and the team played deep into the finals. He is in front of thousands of players who would love to just play NRL and he is not in front of any other NRL club's fb except ours.

Taylor/Elgey + Roberts

Segeyaro + Cullen

That leaves us with a formidable and developing forward pack and a host of emerging outside backs ... pretty much a blueprint for the future.

Summary: throw everything we have at retaining what we want and attracting Coote and Segeyaro.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    COOTE!!! I can't state it strongly enough. Of all the players coming up that suit our needs it's this guy. A genuine NRL fullback who truly knows how to run the lines that will ignite Taylor and Elgey. He can pass, catch, carry and tackle too.

I am very much a Mead supporter, however, he has forged a career, perhaps not by his own desire, as an NRL wingman which makes him one of that lucky 1% who play out a long NRL career. He may have some grumblings about not being fullback but I think he wouldn't worry about it if we had a quality 1 and the team played deep into the finals. He is in front of thousands of players who would love to just play NRL and he is not in front of any other NRL club's fb except ours.

Taylor/Elgey + Roberts

Segeyaro + Cullen

That leaves us with a formidable and developing forward pack and a host of emerging outside backs ... pretty much a blueprint for the future.

Summary: throw everything we have at retaining what we want and attracting Coote and Segeyaro.
    Like i said before you gotta be aware of Coote outside that Cowboys team. He didnt get dumped from the Panthers in 2013 because of Moylan it was because of a long period of injuries and poor form.

He is a good player and lucky for him is playing in a team that has an immortal and a pack of forwards that all make over 100 plus mtrs per game. If there is one player i would highlight caution with it would be him because of the big price tag that he would demand.

Meads next contract will be for his family, he will be able to get better money elsewhere
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I sure we are not going to sign any FB in the near future
    we have Hoffman Zillman Mead and now Sarginson that can play there
    I cant comment on Sarginson but Mead is our best there now
    Hoffman and Zillman should be let go but they wont be
    I also see Robert-Davis as a big treat to being a FB spot in the near future
    My Spine for next season would be
    1 Mead or Sarginson
    7 Elgey back up Cullen
    6 Taylor back up Roberts
    9 Rein I think a 80 min hooker is the way to go you can still run a utility on the bench but like a Alijah Taylor player can play 9 13 4
    we have Lawton on the books still can play hooker but never seen him play I also would get Jazz Tevaga very solid player at a young age But I think we need to bring our own local boys into the side this year and give them a few runs like BK and GL and Robert-Davis

We aren't even in the hunt for Coote according to NRL360. Super League are showing interest and some Sydney clubs. Titans not mentioned at all. Cowboys are happy with an up and coming fullback whom they believe will represent Australia one day if Coote leaves.