Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

So to bring Zillman in we disrupt the fullback, centre and wing positions. That's a selection decision from the height of the Cartwrong era.

The thought of watching Zillman's turnstile defence and him getting smashed on those ridiculous inside balls has taken the optimism out of this year's hard work ... WTF is Henry thinking? Is he totally blind? Is the board totally blind and can't demand that the best players play in their best positions?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sharks by 18.

QLD Cup

My concern is that with Zillman in, no matter what the position, the outside backs takes on a look of the underperforming backline of last year but minus Roberts. Its hard to get excited about the same old faces If we are going to get beaten lets get some learning experience for the young guys at least. Oh well, with such a time off maybe Zilly will regain something that people thought he had originally.

Do the VBookie odds get adjusted due to this news? Guessing the Sharks are coming into 1.01

Theres still time left for him to be ruled out by injury.

Bulletin Reports : Zillman out of Sharks Clash, Hurts back while doing the washing up.

I dunno, maybe Henry didn't watch the highlights from his match on the weekend. He wasn't within a cooee of 7 of the 8 tries scored against his team in a lower grade (to the point where I was wondering if he played a full game) and yet he gets to unseed Meady who we all know what he's been doing in first grade.

I guess the Saints will be happy to hear the news that they will break their hoodoo for going scoreless next week.

Rep Player

All these promising rookies coming through and they will never get a chance because Zillman can just walk back onto the team no matter what his form is. Bonehead move Henry. Way to start undoing all the good we started this year off with. With any luck Zillman is injured again and retires. Only way we are rid of his absolute bull**** for the next to years.

I don't blame Zillman ... who wouldn't like to get 250k+ just for turning up? The queue starts here.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't blame Zillman ... who wouldn't like to get 250k+ just for turning up? The queue starts here.
    $250k plus plenty closer to $4+ for a part time horse whispering nuffy
    #itaintweaktospeak

WTF Zillman what has he got on the coach and staff there really think Titans COO should look into this as I am sure he can see he not a NRL player been out for a Year and had 1 game in Qcup and let in 5 tries scored 1 and he ready to lead the us what a JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    But he gets paid the same for staying away. Perhaps he should enter politics.

WILL Zillman is set to play his first NRL game in almost a year this Sunday and will slot straight into the fullback hot seat.

The club co-captain returned in Queensland Cup last week following ongoing back and calf injuries. He was named on an extended bench this week by coach Neil Henry.

However, he trained in the custodian role on Thursday, with David Mead shifting to the left wing, Nene Macdonald moving to centre and John Olive dropping out.

Henry remained tight lipped when questioned, but admitted he faced a tough decision on his backline.

“I thought (Zillman) was quite sharp for Tweed in a well-beaten team and Meady has done nothing wrong there either,” Henry said.

“It’s really a difficult one, there’s competition on for spots there.
    “There’s a little bit of depth in the outside backs and a fight for competition, which is healthy. We’ll see how Zilly pulls up.”

Ashley Taylor (shoulder) and David Shillington (hip) trained on modified programs this week but will be right to play.

Young gun Nathan Davis (shoulder) is aiming to be fit, but would play Queensland Cup.

Meanwhile, Penrith’s James Segeyaro (broken arm) and Dean Whare (calf) are eyeing round eight returns.

“Whare had a really good run today, and ‘Chicko’, it’s just a matter of waiting until the break heals. It’s getting closer every week,” coach Anthony Griffin said ahead of Saturday’s match against North Queensland.

Mead could play the house down, with several try-saving tackles and huge line breaks but Zill will always slot back there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Mead could play the house down, with several try-saving tackles and huge line breaks but Zill will always slot back there for some reason.
    He hasn't had a line break this year according to Total Footy Stats........ or a try assist......
    For all his courage and running metres Mead doesn't offer much else in attack. He is however the best FB we have. If he could add a kicking game and the ability to chime into the line and become a threat as a passer he would be the FB fulltime regardless of who else was in the team.....
    (sits back and awaits the stones that will get thrown my way)