Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

anyone got the highlites of the match?

Why oh why do we persist with Zillman.

According to Henry, Zillman had a great match. Scored a try with his first touch and set the other one up (Tweed only scored 2). Henry also said he was great defensively (WTF! 8 tries conceded!) If I read between the lines it will be Zillman back and FB and Mead back to wing.

well olive was not good against the donks, we cant blame inside players for all his mistakes. he missed 5 tackles, gave away penalty and had some dropped balls-- and really was not at all flash during the match

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    anyone got the highlites of the match?
    qrl.com.au post highlights of every QCup game ... some take a few days to get up though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Isn't Davis due back soon?

Zillman is a liability to this side.

1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Hoff
    4. Nene
    5. Olive

Is what we should be going with and what I think is our strongest backline. Meady was excellent at the back. Zillman would've given away at least two more tries.

Expecting either of these two situations tomorrow:

a). Zillman selected at fullback with Mead selected on the wing and either Nene or Olive being dropped

b). Zillman selected in the centres replacing Olive, with Mead keeping his FB spot

Sounds like he will come back this weekend definitely after getting through the full QCUP game (1 try, 1 TA). Pretty disappointed he comes straight back in but will see how he goes.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I like olive a lot. He's had five or six first grade games, was switched positionally against one of the better centers in the game and had a shocker. No shame there at all. He's just finding his feet. I'm hoping Davis is fit. I think you are right titan4life, zillman will stroll back into fullback. It will probably mean olive who misses out despite the fact that McDonald and don have looked tired and disinterested. It's a shame that we are starting to look good but we have to find room for a captain that no one rates at all except the coach. On another note, pulu and James to come off the bench, they are killing it!!!!

Surely Zillman can't stroll straight back into the team 'n nab the #1 jersey. Meady currently owns that just with his defensive game alone (loved that try-saving hit on Oates the other night.), let alone his metres gained ratio .

Not keen to talk like this, but at the moment all I got is. **** off, Zillman.

I agree. But what do we do with our captain and who is on 300k a year. Have to play him somewhere.

David Mead hoping to retain Titans fullback jersey ahead of William Zillman
    April 3 2016, 4:51pm
    Travis Meyn

DAVID Mead says he has done all he can to retain the Gold Coast’s No. 1 jersey as co-captain William Zillman prepares to return to the field.

Zillman has not been seen in the NRL for nearly a year but scored a try in Tweed Heads’ 42-8 loss yesterday and is contention for the Titans’ trip to Cronulla on Sunday.

Mead has been one of the Gold Coast’s best in their impressive start to the season, relishing the opportunity to play five consecutive games in his preferred position.

The 27-year-old ran for a team-high 162m from 19 carries and scored his first try of the season against the Broncos last Friday.

It would be a big call by coach Neil Henry to replace Mead with Zillman immediately given the improvements he has shown. But Zillman could return on the wing in place of Nene Macdonald and Mead said he was preparing for a showdown with Sharks No. 1 Ben Barba.

“Hopefully I’ve done enough,” Mead said.

"I'm still going to work hard and fight for it.

“If Zilly and I are working hard to get that position then it’s only healthy for the team.

“To start the year off with five games has certainly helped me. I feel like I’ve improved each week. I’m seeing the game a bit better from fullback.

“I know I have a lot of room for improvement which is a good thing.”

Mead, off-contract this season, has always been a strong ballrunner but his positional play and struggles to run out a game have worked against him in the past.

Under new fitness boss Matt Ford, Mead overhauled his training regimen and has not longer experienced the cramping he has in the past.

"My fitness has been pretty good,” he said.

“Fordy and Sean (Edwards, strength coach) have got me on a good program this pre-season.

“I did a lot more explosive training and repeated efforts. In previous years it was a lot more aerobic with long-distance running.

“They specified that for a couple of us outside backs to help us with how the game’s played and that’s helped a lot.”

Mead got a first-hand look at what it takes to be an elite NRL fullback with Darius Boyd’s classy performance on Friday night.

Ball-playing fullbacks like Boyd and North Queensland’s Lachlan Coote bring a whole new dimension to a team and Mead said it was a part of his game he was working on.

"I can do a bit more ball-playing,” he said.

“I have to work on that tip-on to the centre or winger. It takes a bit of experience and time to develop that.”

Mead made a blunder in the opening set of the Broncos game which led to a Brisbane try but Henry was full of praise for his “brave” performance.

“He’s had a tremendous game,” Henry said.

“He took it upon himself to try and get momentum. He launched himself at Corey Oates to force an error.

“That’s how he plays. He’s a very brave player.”
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I've heard Mead praise Zilly a fair few times over the yrs but never the other way around.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Nene should be dropped over Olive imo. Olive plays with heart and is a constant threat. Nene has the softest ball return in the game and lacks energy. I like Nene but the bloke looks out of it so far this season.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Guess it's a long wait till we get team lists this arvo. Zillman is an inevitability, I prefer to live in hope that Mortimers name won't make the list, I think at the moment he is more detrimental to our squad.