Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

should have played cullen

There is some promise about how we are playing.

I enjoyed the contest
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

At least we won't give up this year. Made it look respectable. Shame we were missing Tyrone cause it would have been an interesting game after watching where we ended up.

Immortal

Wow next year with Elgey and Taylor should be special

What do we do about Olive & Macdonald? Those first two tries were a direct result of them shirt grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    What do we do about Olive & Macdonald? Those first two tries were a direct result of them shirt grabbing.
    Should have moved McQueen over there. At least he does his job.

to be fair Olive is only 19 haha, he's still eligible for 20's and after his previous performances I'm very happy for him to retain his spot after an average performance from him tonight he's been great the previous weeks

Immortal

Brian Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    to be fair Olive is only 19 haha, he's still eligible for 20's and after his previous performances I'm very happy for him to retain his spot after an average performance from him tonight he's been great the previous weeks
    100% don't agree. He's had his taste. If he has any confidence left let him find it again in the 20's then Q cup then we'll see where he's at.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    yeah mate I know, he's only young, and it's not his fault the coach continues to put him out there against good attacking teams. I think Henry needs to switch something up though after tonight, it was plain to see that the D on those two wasn't up to first grade standard tonight. It wasn't just Olive, but Nene as well. We need some steel on our edges and we just don't have it with these youngsters.

We would have won that with tyrone. But as mdrew said, Next year we are going to give the comp a serious crack with Taylor and Elgey.

We need to work on our defence. That Nikorima try was pretty weak and would have been the difference. Bird shouldn't kick off either, or kick in general.

We didn't play overly bad. A bit more class and experience would have got us home in the end there. I think we need to look into infusing some guys like GL into the outside backs too. Don and hoffy haven't really been doing it for me these last few weeks.

The Broncos are the best team in the comp without a doubt. But we need to start our games so much better too. Lack of control showed tonight and Roberts was a result of that.

I still think we can be a dark horse for the 8. Just the little things we need to work on. I think we have Sharkies coming up so hopefully shillo and roberts returns.

I personally think It might be time to at least see how Zillman is going. Maybe Q cup next week? I think Zillman was a bit more defensively sound but Roberts and Kahu are nothing to scoff at. We were very threatening when we were getting that quick play the ball but a few late errors cost us the game in the end. Hopefully Paasi doesnt face any sanction over that tackle.

LOL Daniel Mortimer got Fletchers Encouragement Award for tonights game.

Gets a free car wash voucher. If the Fox comedy commentary team can see it then why can't the person who is paid to be a coach not?

Worth noting that the penalty count was 6 to 3 in favour of the Broncos. I guess those third party agreements spread wide enough to include the refs.

Daniel Mortimer is hopeless. I have said it before, Ill say it again. I'll even telegram to Neil Henry as he clearly hasn't discovered the internet, because if he had, he would already know that Mortimer is Hopeless.

I don't post a lot, but it is sad to see so many people calling themselves Titans fans then throwing all the guys under a bus when they make some mistakes. This year was written off by so many people in the forum and outside, yet we have a few wins and all of a sudden you expect us to always perform?
    We just took it to the team that is favourite to win the premiership, IF we were smashed by 30+ points then it would be a different story, but we came within 8 points. (Which should have only been 6 if it wasn't for some dodgy calls from the ref)

Give the team what they need, Support, not criticism.

We should all be proud, as Titans fans, that our boys are playing with heart and passion again.

With all my negativity out of the way, I am happy with our overall performance against the Broncos tonight. Lots of courage to hang in there until the very end, and we never really looked like we were truly out of it. At least we put up a fight against them, unlike in previous years where we'd get smacked hard.