Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 5: TITANS vs BRONCOS

<br><br><table width='90%' class='theader'><tr style='font-weight: bold; height: 140px;'><td width='40%' class='bgimg tit'>&nbsp;</td><td width='20%' rowspan='2' style='text-align: center; font-size: 60px;'>vs</td><td width='40%'class='bgimg bro'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px;'><td width='40%'>Gold Coast Titans</td><td width='40%'>Brisbane Broncos</td></tr></table><br>
    Fri 1 Apr, 8:05PM Cbus Super Stadium
    <br><br><table width="100%" id="teams"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" align="right" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="right"><div>David Mead</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Anthony Don</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Josh Hoffman</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>John Olive</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nene Macdonald</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Tyrone Roberts</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ashley Taylor</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>David Shillington</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Nathan Friend</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Ryan James</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Zeb Taia</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Chris McQueen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Greg Bird</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Luke Douglas</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Agnatius Paasi</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Leivaha Pulu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Daniel Mortimer</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Eddy Pettybourne</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Cameron Cullen</div></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><div>Kierran Moseley</div></td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="center" width="20%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td class="tl_position">Fullback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Centre</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Wing</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Five-eighth</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Halfback</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Hooker</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Prop</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Second Row</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Lock</td></tr><tr><td align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr><td class="tl_position">Interchange</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td class="tl_position">Coach</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td valign="top" align="left" width="40%"><table class="teamlists"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><div>Darius Boyd</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Corey Oates</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jack Reed</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>James Roberts</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jordan Kahu</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Anthony Milford</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Ben Hunt</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Josh McGuire</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Andrew McCullough</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Adam Blair</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Alex Glenn</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Matt Gillett</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Corey Parker</div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Jarrod Wallace</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Sam Thaiday</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Joe Ofahengaue</div></td></tr><tr><td align="left"><div>Kodi Nikorima</div></td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr style="height:40px;"><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hopefully we can get a worthy crowd for this derby. Our only derby in 2016 regular season.

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...px?sh=titans16
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We should see close to 25k for this match anything less barring bad weather will be a fail
    #itaintweaktospeak

hopefully the home fans see we're in good form and come out to support the team, i'd be reasonably happy with 20k, but 25k should be the aim.

Inactive User

Well I'm hoping my fellow Titan Fans show The Ingrate JRoberts the hatred and disrespect he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well I'm hoping my fellow Titan Fans show The Ingrate JRoberts the hatred and disrespect he deserves
    Bloody too right ... I've bought 16 tickets to get my mob from China in and have been coaching them on who and how to hate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

there should be some pretty dank signage. A few home crowd chants too. Hopefully more Titans fans turn up than broncos fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    there should be some pretty dank signage. A few home crowd chants too. Hopefully more Titans fans turn up than broncos fans.
    Something like - Roberts please leave Hoffy Alone?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

This just in the Courier Mail:

James Roberts says he doesn’t care what former Titans teammates think of him

JAMES Roberts could not care less if his ex-teammates at the Titans think he’s a traitor, with his only concern ahead of the M1 derby being what his Broncos mates think of him.

Roberts had his coming out party against North Queensland last Friday, scoring a crucial late try and setting up Anthony Milford for his try in the first half.

His return to form came at the right time as he confronts the team he left in December after it was discovered the club had forged a signature on his contract.

Titans players weren’t happy when Roberts left. Gold Coast forward Greg Bird said Roberts had used the forged signature as a scapegoat.

Bird is already getting stuck into Roberts, texting him ahead of the derby at Cbus Super Stadium this Friday.

Roberts told The Courier-Mail he expected the Titans to sledge him throughout the match.

“I’m not too sure how they feel about me for leaving but to be honest I don’t care, I’m not worried about the past,” Roberts said.

“For sure, they are going to get stuck into me. I know Greg Bird will be out there giving it to me.

“He messaged me before the game (against Cowboys) and said I will be seeing you next week.

“I’m just worried about the future and I’m happy here at the Broncos.

“As long as the Broncos are happy with me, I’m happy with them.

“It’s only early days but I’m starting to feel more comfortable.

“I probably thought it would take longer to settle in here to be honest, but it was great to get a game like that and it’s important I improve my consistency now.”

The Broncos are likely to be without Jordan Kahu for the clash but Jack Reed will return from an eye injury.

Corey Oates is an outside chance of returning from a shoulder injury.

Cameron Cullen is set to make his Titans debut following an injury to the Titans’ Tyrone Roberts.

Roberts collapsed to the ground clutching his knee in the 48th minute of Gold Coast’s weekend victory over Canberra.

His injury sparked the 14th man fiasco when David Shillington was brought on to replace him even though Roberts stayed on the field.

Cullen was a train and trial player in the pre-season who was brought to the club following Kane Elgey’s season-ending injury.

Tryone Roberts’ injury is minor but he has suffered ligament damage and could miss one or two games.

James Roberts was on the longest try drought of his career, six games, prior to Friday night’s grand final rematch.

He said Wayne Bennett had been stressing to him the importance of defending well, believing his attack was inevitable.

“It was worth the wait. I’ve been focusing on my defensive efforts and it’s paid off with my attack,” Roberts said.

“I was looking to get more involved and get some early touches.

“It’s definitely a confidence booster going into the Titans.

“It’s definitely nice to get that pressure off my back and now I want to bring it next week against my old club.

“I still have quite a few mates at the Titans. I still live down on the Gold Coast so I catch up with a few of the guys.”

Good on ya Birdy, give the Judas heaps for all of us.

If Roberts is out, I would love to see Cameron Cullen have a dig at first grade. It would be good to see if he can secure a spot starting at a local derby, will be great atmosphere. Cmon Cullen

Just as long as I don't see Zillman or Mortimer in the half's then I'd be fine with just about anyone else ... Cullen seems the logical choice.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

if i knew nothing of Cullen i might be cautious... but in the Burleigh trial he seemed the type to rip in and play with effort. was our best half that day.

Im ok with this. we have a good record of young players stepping up this year for the first time in a while

Simple game plan. If Jimmy makes a break and has a run, send everything down his side for the next 20 mins because that's how long it takes him to recover. His lazy defence should be exploited, every time we go down that side throw the dummy watch him rush out of the line to intercept or throw a hand at it and go through his gap.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Simple game plan. If Jimmy makes a break and has a run, send everything down his side for the next 20 mins because that's how long it takes him to recover. His lazy defence should be exploited, every time we go down that side throw the dummy watch him rush out of the line to intercept or throw a hand at it and go through his gap.
    thats what Ricky Stuart did to the Titans last yr. Dig in behind him when he rushes up. Worked well
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Today in the Courier Mail:

NRL Judiciary: Titans’ Ryan James could miss derby against Broncos

IN-FORM Titans prop Ryan James is set for a date with the judiciary in a bid to play in Friday’s local derby against the Broncos.

James was hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge from Saturday’s comeback win against the Raiders in Canberra.

James, who was captaining the Titans in the absence of Nathan Friend and William Zillman, tackled Raiders winger Jordan Rapana following a 20m restart and appeared to twist his right leg in the process.

Rapana reacted by pushing James but the incident went unnoticed by the on-field referees.

Because of a poor record, James is facing a one-match suspension regardless of whether he enters an early guilty plea or fights the charge and loses at the judiciary.

The Titans will advise the NRL of their decision on Tuesday. Coach Neil Henry said James had been an integral part of the Gold Coast’s early-season success.

“Ryan James has been very good for a few weeks now,” Henry said. “The Broncos are a very good forward pack. We need our big men going forward.

“Luke Douglas hasn’t been getting the minutes he normally does but his quality on the field has been very good. Coming off the bench he’s really added. He’s been strong with his carries and doing a good job defensively.

“At the moment there’s a bit of depth around the squad, particularly the forwards, which is a good thing.”

Friend (head knocks) is expected to return to the team for the Broncos clash after sitting out the Raiders game as a precaution.

Five-eighth Tyrone Roberts is racing the clock to be fit though after suffering a knee injury against the Raiders. Initial indications suggest Roberts’ injury isn’t serious but Cameron Cullen, Greg Bird and Daniel Mortimer are options to fill in if needed.

“He’s a lot better than he was after the game,” Henry said of Roberts.

“The swelling has gone down and he’s walking around OK. We can’t get a scan done until (Tuesday) but I’d say he’d be very doubtful for Friday night. It’s disappointing. He’s been very good for us and is a big part of our kicking game.

“Cameron Cullen is playing good footy for Burleigh and we’ve got Birdy who likes to play there too so we’ll wait and see.”

The Titans are unlikely to appeal a $5000 fine for briefly fielding 14 players against the Raiders.

Veteran prop David Shillington was the extra player who left the field because of some quick-thinking teammates.

“I got on the field and Ash Taylor and Zeb Taia screamed at me to get off because Tyrone was still on,” Shillington said.

“It disadvantaged us. I left a gaping 15m hole where I ran off around the posts. If they (Raiders) just ran where I went off they probably would have scored. It might have been a really sad story if Ash and Zeb weren’t alert.”

Henry said Zillman was a chance of returning from a calf strain but could make his comeback through the Intrust Super Cup.