Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Anyone else see how long the Broncos trainer was on the field for at particular patches? just walking behind the PTB and barking instructions? I swear it was a good 15 minute time frame.
    Thats what a good trainer/assistant coach does. Until officials tell them to get off then they will loiter and act as another half.

On a side note... Im turning into a Ash Taylor believer. I like the kid. Very composed, steers the ship well and has a good kicking game. LG and Ash Tay Tay show should be good to watch over the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Thats what a good trainer/assistant coach does. Until officials tell them to get off then they will loiter and act as another half.

On a side note... Im turning into a Ash Taylor believer. I like the kid. Very composed, steers the ship well and has a good kicking game. LG and Ash Tay Tay show should be good to watch over the next couple of years.
    A-tay*

can we pay Scotty or Presto to be ours trainer then?

its an odd rule, the rules say they cant be on for defence as they will help team plug holes, but they can be on and direct the attack like a coach.

I remember one origin series - Kimmorley was 7, and Andrew Johns was basically doing his whole job for him except the actual passing kicking. it was like Johns was using VR and Kimmorley was his avatar.

there was a good article during the week about it, and to fine us for 14 men on with no effect, but have trainers giving full coaching and guidance is madness

Agree with most of the comments on here, especially yours DB. Just about summarised it perfectly.

-Mead made that early error but after that, in his usual fashion, he tried his guts out and just got stuck in. Could have been a worse score had he not smashed Oates and Kahu on the line.

-Pulu is impressing me more every week. Getting through the work and adds a bit of energy to the team when he comes on. Also shut down a lot of Broncos offloads when he was on.

-Paasi let Roberts walk through the middle in the first half but dug deep in the last 20.

-James; what can I say? He is a completely different player this year. By far our best player imo this year, getting through plenty of work and is using his aggression for good this year. He is the future leader of our pack, if he isn't already. Build a pack around him.

-Don has gone really quiet, not terrible but haven't really noticed him the last few weeks. Still safe as houses under the high ball. Olive had a few defensive mistakes but I still think he has a massive future. He definitely tries hard.

-A Tay (yes HS haha) is an absolute gun already and will only get better. Every single one of his grubbers close to the line are deadly and his bombs stay in the air for an eternity. Great kid and I drool about the future of our club with an LG/A Tay combo.

Good effort but just beaten by a classier side. We will also be much better with Shillo and Tyrone back, missed both tonight and still only just lost. I'm very positive even with this loss.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by decentrix View Post
    I don't post a lot, but it is sad to see so many people calling themselves Titans fans then throwing all the guys under a bus when they make some mistakes. This year was written off by so many people in the forum and outside, yet we have a few wins and all of a sudden you expect us to always perform?
    We just took it to the team that is favourite to win the premiership, IF we were smashed by 30+ points then it would be a different story, but we came within 8 points. (Which should have only been 6 if it wasn't for some dodgy calls from the ref)

Give the team what they need, Support, not criticism.

We should all be proud, as Titans fans, that our boys are playing with heart and passion again.
    I certainly agree with your last line mate in that I am delighted how the team are playing with passion and heart.

In relation to the errors I do believe they must be highlighted and discussed as much as the good stuff because eliminating some of the stupid errors will mean we play finals footy. For example Meady's early error lead to a dropout and an immediate try - bingo 4-0 inside 5 minutes. After that I reckon Mead was one of our best but that early error badly hurt us and those sorts of things must be cut out, as we have been making them for years.

However I reckon the positives far outweighed the negatives tonight and I think we badly missed Roberts. Bird played well I reckon but not really a strong 5/8's game and his kicking was terrible. WE didn't get a lot of great field position tonight and it always seemed the Broncs were starting sets at least 30 metres out rather than much closer to their line.

It was also great to hear the louder support when the Titans ran on. Hopefully the effort convinced a few that we have a team worth watching and they'll return.

Just a side note boys that I hate to break to you all but apparently Ash Taylor is gone for next week. Injured his shoulder.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...1ae249c33fa54d

Hopefully he will end up being alright though. Tough kid.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Just got home from the match & haven't read the previous comments but when you remember we went in without a true no6 & our no1 meter eater front rower were out I'm not too disappointed to be only beaten by 8 points by a full strength Premiership Favorite & when you consider the fact that the Donkeys were offside all night & we never looked like getting a penalty ... Every week I have mentioned how big a motor big Zeb has & tonight he destroyed them along with our rising star in Ash Taylor,,, 2016 is not looking too shabby

Agree with yours and HS comments. One thing that became clear to me was that Henry going for Bird over Cullen was that he was hoping that defence was going to get him the win. Bird played well however I felt we missed his work in the middle. IMO Taylor is going really well and will create quite the quandary next year if all 3 halves are fit. On Taylor tonight I thought it was a tad much to try and get a win with him being the primary play maker. I would of liked to have seen Cullen used and then maybe Burr would not have been needed despite Shillos injury.

Mead is really making the fullback roll his own.
    Pulu is slowing coming together.

It's been pointed out some of our short comings however I felt that we could have ran more traffic at Roberts and Gillet as both were really struggling with an injury of some sort.

It's a loss , but one we can learn from and one that we didn't get a hiding and kept on trying.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I blame Henry for the lose to be honest why do you give a player a contract and not play him Cullen is a half Birds a forward Taylor needed to have some one to help with his kicks
    Olive was moved again so I feel a bit sorry for him really and had a few big misses I still think Macdonald needs to go to the centre spot not the wing he can take a hit and still off load to the wing
    Taylor was good and showed us he can play but really did miss Roberts there to help him
    I could say something about the refs but what is the point we all know how it is
    I feel very proud of our boys tonight stay in all the way had some lapses but team is only young
    We were in it intill the Mortimer factor came into it sorry he is 1 player that that kills our go forwards
    Mead what can I say about him to me was the best on the field on both side
    Keep up the great work guys go get the sharks next game

QLD Cup

Good game which met my hopes and expectations. Titans showed grit and determination when they could have been blown away. With two of our key players out. I recon Bennet isn't too happy with the Broncs performance.
    Mead was inspirational following the early error.
    Our backs have a lot to learn but they are mostly young. Brian
    Ash Taylor's kicking game was good but there were some awful kick options which cost big time.

Thoroughly enjoyed getting to a game ... my wife and my son's first home game with a collection of Chinese plus three Italians who have signed memberships today too. I wasn't disappointed at all and with the rub of the green we could have got a bit closer but wouldn't have won it for the following reasons:

1. They had more experienced players across the field.
    2. Their players were played in their natural positions.
    3. They trained in their positions all week.
    4. Their new three-set play reamed us (more on this later).

I liked a lot of what I saw tonight and make the following comments:

1. James' haircut has turned him into an NRL star.
    2. Mead's early mistake took him over the pain threshold and he ran at the line like he used to.
    3. Don is a passenger in everything except under the high ball.
    4. Last year we all saw that Bird should never play 6 ... nothing's changed.
    5. Henry rolled the dice and came up snakes eyes ... Cullen must be used. He's a seasoned QCup 1/2.
    6. Taylor still hasn't made a line break but when he works out how to read an NRL defensive line then look out.
    7. Burr? You're kidding? No I'm not. Not our best but not our worst either. He won't displace Pulu but he's not far away.
    8. Pettybourne is way down the list.
    9. Mortimer is rocks and diamonds.
    10. Olive and MacDonald should be persevered with. They are young, enthusiastic, inexperienced and error-ridden but they are both talented. They were exposed by the Broncos play that nobody talks about and is a variation of the second man play but if I was Henry I would be copying and it goes like this:

A. Hit a settler to centre field.
    B. One of the half's takes it two passes to the left for a quick play the ball.
    C. Dummy half throws a long cut out pass back to the other half who gets it behind their right edge forward to Bennett's surrogate who is then outside his man and there's the overlap.

(it is different because they use the whole field and three tackles to set it up rather than from a set piece)

Good game I thought, plenty to like and the crowd was great.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Good competitive game and I'm liking the new attitude. We finally have a forward pack that can bend a line.
    The call by Henry to have Bird at 5/8 was stupid. Bird has had two great games in that position. Both were Origin which is a different game. EVERY time he has played there at club level has been poor. The problem is that he then thinks he's a 5/8 and can kick the ball.
    The Broncs second half tries came on the back of good field position. Position we gave away with midfield bombs they were catching on their 40! Cullen should have played.
    That said, Bird was great in defence and very strong when hitting the line in attack.
    After attending my first game for the year I can see why Mead has slowed down. He's built like a brick ****house now.

Anyway, pleasing effort from the guys. In recent years we would have been toweled up.

Overall I was happy with the effort from the team. After the early Mead mistake that cost us he really stepped up. James is outstanding and, to me, is becoming a front rower like Steve Price. Really works hard, bends the line and never quits.
    I wish Mead had a kicking and passing game.......... He could have taken a heap of pressure off if he was able to step in a take a kick or link into the attack and become and extra play maker.
    The courage of the team to hang in there so far this season is massive. Teams can't take time off against us anymore. We have come behind in our last 3 games for a 2-1 record. To only lose to the Bronc's by that small of a margin gives a lot of hope for the rest of the season and next year.
    Can't wait to see Ash and LG play together....

Great effort by the Titans last night, just kept grinding away definately a new attitude has been installed into this team. It showed last night that a team can't rely on one kicker got to have an option as poor old bird is not a kicker. Another thing the donkeys where full strength so I am sure sure the players will take that into account and there will be plenty of positive energy to come out of that game. The crowd sounded awesome through the TV well done to all that attended

Pretty impressive performance last night IMO. Shut down Milford pretty well. What has happened to Paasi? He has battled since round 1. Ash Taylor is a keeper. He and Elgey will make one hell of a halves combination.

Inactive User

Ok I'm going to throw in my 2cents now
    1-these blokes who were odds on despised wooden spoon favourites that had media commentators like Neil BREEN and Andrew Webster saying things like and I quote "with LG gone for the season the Gold Coast are a basket case, they will not win a game and they will not be in the premiership in 2017" have so much resilience and grit. At 22-4 I could smell a 40-4 drubbing and it being an awful night for our club. I wish Annesley could've got us a better squad in terms of talent and shame on him for not doing his job,however, what a great bunch of men, I'm proud to support them.
    2-Neil Henry is doing a great job in improving our players, rather than being armchair selectors why not just show some faith for once. When that useless Cartwright was coach we continually recruited exciting players only to see them go backwards under Cartwright coaching. In Henry we have a proper teaching Coach and I love his calmness. He's good for the GC image.
    3-I got there early for the under 20s and their effort for a local derby at home was pathetic. Have we got a problem with the way we bring through our youth on the GC? Year in, year out our junior team is a massive underachiever. The way they folded altogether in the last twenty minutes was shameful.
    4-Brisbane fans are spoilt rotten self-entitled scumbags that don't have half the passion as the dyed in the wool GC fans.