Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

"CAMERON Cullen is in line to make his NRL debut against Cronulla with the Gold Coast Titans facing a halves crisis after the loss to Brisbane."
    So a guy on debut with a backrower outside him? They will prob go with Mortimer and Bird tbh oh god.
    Hopefully Roberts is good and Cullen comes into the side for taylor

Titanic is spot on about that play that smashes up the outside defensive structure.

people saying Nene and Olive were off their man aren't seeing what's happening inside. ( Olive could have made a much better attempt at jimmy the first try of course )

It it is designed that way. The damage wasn't only done inside them, it was done on other side of the ruck almost. By the time theHunt or Boyd got the ball they had options galore and our centre / wing were lame ducks.

Hopefully they hey learn to identify it and a way to defend it better.

Like I said at the end of the Canberra game, the thing I find most refreshing and encouraging is the fact we look like a team who wants to play for each other now. Last nights efforts were fantastic in some respects but certain decisions that are made (not by the players) are beyond me.

Definitely leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we would be this year. Our forward pack is looking the goods but as we all feared coming into the season our outside backs have zero to offer in attack, which unfortunately with Jet and Nene last year we looked like having some of those troubles sorted out. I have no idea whats happened to Nene this year.

HS my comment RE moving McQueen to that side was with respect to swapping with Zeb not with Olive. In the same way Jet has Gillette to sort out any traffic that comes his way we needed someone like McQueen to help with the inexperienced duo of Olive and Nene. I'd still be happier with Davis. But again, as I previously said, if Hoffy was swapped to the other edge due to a perceived inability to contain Jet then he shouldn't even be on the field.

Anyway, great effort up front, great spirit and we managed to cover the points spread so even better for the back pocket.

I just looked at minutes played.........Langer played for 50.

Has anyone else noticed that the team looks incredibly bunched up for the majority of our sets. I wasn't very impressed with Don's effort last night either, he was on my side of the field and he looked pretty slow and unfit. I also don't like how he basically just skips sideways for runs inside our 20 and barely makes any ground, we need hard charges like Mead was doing. There was a moment in the first half where we had plenty of space on the right side of the field, I think it was McQueen who made a run and there was at least ten metres of open space between the sideline and the Broncos winger if we just got the ball away, but Don was no where to be seen to support McQueen. Also, we tend to just do 4 hitups and then kick for almost every set, I think we could be a lot more dangerous if we used the ball through some backline plays, but that could come down to our main playmaker being out.

I can't talk today from all the screaming, mostly at the ref's calls last night. The Drongos were off side all night and as usual the refs didn't take any notice. However the thing I came away with from last night was the effort our boys put in, compared to the last few seasons where we would have thrown in the towel, we just kept pushing until the last minute. Also the crowd were awesome and the atmosphere was electric. Ash Taylor would have to one of my favourite players. He is such a great kid and was the last person to leave the ground I think walking around talking to the supporters. The future sure looks great for us and I can't wait to see LG and Ash together next year.

I have been to a titans home game v broncos. It is a fun night. You couldn't really say you don't have a chip on your shoulders as fans.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Like I said at the end of the Canberra game, the thing I find most refreshing and encouraging is the fact we look like a team who wants to play for each other now. Last nights efforts were fantastic in some respects but certain decisions that are made (not by the players) are beyond me.

Definitely leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we would be this year. Our forward pack is looking the goods but as we all feared coming into the season our outside backs have zero to offer in attack, which unfortunately with Jet and Nene last year we looked like having some of those troubles sorted out. I have no idea whats happened to Nene this year.

HS my comment RE moving McQueen to that side was with respect to swapping with Zeb not with Olive. In the same way Jet has Gillette to sort out any traffic that comes his way we needed someone like McQueen to help with the inexperienced duo of Olive and Nene. I'd still be happier with Davis. But again, as I previously said, if Hoffy was swapped to the other edge due to a perceived inability to contain Jet then he shouldn't even be on the field.

Anyway, great effort up front, great spirit and we managed to cover the points spread so even better for the back pocket.

My mistake mate. Fair call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    My mistake mate. Fair call.
    All good. You're probably just used to me saying some dumb shi....stuff. Plus my comment was fairly ambiguous.

There was a lot to like about our effort and grit that allowed us to hang in there. I am really liking the combined efforts of a tough forward pack. Only having one kicking option allowed Ash to be mauled (particularly by Blair). I am not disappointed with the efforts of our backline, they are mostly still young and learning their craft and they were up against a very seasoned opposition.

Now a word about Jimmy the Judas. I do not believe that the regimented grinding style that the Donkeys play suits his spontaneous abilities. Please keep getting advice from Mundane about how good you are and wait for the clash of egos that that team is littered with.

An extra word for Grandpa Bennett. Please refrain from slagging off our Administration until you want to offer an explanation about Andrew Gee and the bouncing $100k.