Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 4: RAIDERS vs TITANS

RAIDERS vs TITANS

GIO Stadium Canberra, ACT
    Saturday 26 March 2016 5:30pm
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Tickets for those headed down. A tough away match, always.

CLICK HERE
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Changes to the team? Davis ready yet? I am happy enough with Pulu over Pettybourne too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Changes to the team? Davis ready yet? I am happy enough with Pulu over Pettybourne too.
    Davis was in a sling so I would be shocked to see him named Tuesday & Pulu for me I think Henry has got the interchange working well at the moment
    #itaintweaktospeak

ALong with the tigers, Raiders have been a hot item going undefeated and winning close games in round 1 and 2 that they would have lost last year... but lets look closer.

they beat Penrith, who were 0-2, and beat the very very weak roosters by 1, and drew with the knights, who are comfortably the weakest team right now due to their youth policy and development.

So they are undefeated but have had probably the softest opening of any team.

they are ripe for the picking.

lets return to CBUS 3-1 and ready to smash the donkeys.

Olive should stay in the team in the center very good defensively and in attack

I really like Olive and i also hope King sees that Zillman is a dying species and is best left in reserve grade.

I agree that Canberra are coming into the game through a very soft form line (and with injuries to key players!!) but it is very, very hard to be confident of a win down in Canberra. We have been on the end of some awful drubbings down there. What really concerns me though was our last ten minutes on Saturday night - it so often seems that those sort of endings can flow into the start of the next game.

Still, I honestly believe that if we play the way we did in the first 30 against the Storm or the first 30 of the second half against the Tigers we will get the cash.

Yeah K, all good points. I think this will be a "which team turns-up" year for us as these guys work out themselves and their ability to sustain concentration. For sure it's going to be a roller-coaster but already the season has been more entertaining than the sum total of the last four ... young blokes having a go, older blokes behaving like men rather than mutton dressed as lamb ... it's all pretty good fun.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Great win first of all against the tiger Olive played solid could turn into a good player should get a 2nd chance this week end cuz i think Davis is still injured I would still swap Macdonald and Hoffman around would stop a lot of tries down the side Shillo should stand up against his old team should get his 130meter haul and a good 20 tackle count Jan]mes showed some leadership off the bench and we need that but still would like to see Moseley on the bench Meady at the fb spot give us some very missed meters from there

Canberra's Papalii and Soliola are my main concerns. Shut them down and Canberra won't score too many. Pressure on the two inexperienced halves wouldn't go astray either. Hopefully we can learn from our lack of pressure we placed on the halfs when we played the Knights.

It's a very winnable game.

Canberra will have a field day on the fringes against us. They are a bloody good team this year. We will need to be at our best to be in this game. There should be plenty of points scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Canberra will have a field day on the fringes against us. They are a bloody good team this year. We will need to be at our best to be in this game. There should be plenty of points scored.
    The Raiders halfless team that ran around on the weekend is not that good of a team. I expect a win in this game
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Titans
    1 David Mead
    2 Anthony Don
    3 Josh Hoffman
    4 John Olive
    5 Nene MacDonald
    6 Tyrone Roberts
    7 Ashley Taylor
    8 David Shillington
    9 Nathan Friend (c)
    10 Agnatius Paasi
    11 Zeb Taia
    12 Chris McQueen
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    15 Luke Douglas
    16 Ryan James
    16 Leivaha Pulu
    17 Daniel Mortimer
    18 Eddy Pettybourne

Coach: Neil Henry

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The Raiders halfless team that ran around on the weekend is not that good of a team. I expect a win in this game
    I'm with you Teke. last few games we seem to be able to settle down and stay in the game after getting off to bad starts. This has not been the case in years. If we can start well, cut out the silly mistakes and penalties think this will be another good one that should hopefully make some of the other teams start looking a bit more closely at their calendars for when they play us