Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Great win!!

Can somebody please tell me what happened to Roberts. Will he be right for Friday. We need him!!
    Apparently maybe ligament damage. Hope not. Don't want to even think about what might (or who might) happen if Roberts is out.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Great win!!

Can somebody please tell me what happened to Roberts. Will he be right for Friday. We need him!!
    i know nothing as to his health, but if he is out... Henry's choice will be interesting. I hope Cullen gets a crack, and Morts would be a travesty.

Bird for all his failed efforts in the 6 for us in the past seemed to spread the ball to first Dougie to set up Taia then found Ash with a long ball so Ash could get it to Olive. I dont want bird at 6 by any means, but if its him or Morts....

Pulu is now a must pick on the bench, and Maybe James needs to start. We are a much better side with him on the field. give him a rest at 30 as he can play good minutes, then bring him on at 50 to run out the game. We cant keep going down by 10 or 12 when hes not there.

Also... After the first half i had shillo driving to piggabean or pizzey next week, but he went some way to redeeming himself with a few decent charges and then his try... so he gets an extension, but for a period tonight i was thinking Petty deserves his spot once he is healthy.

I don't want another rookie in there with Taylor. Looking after his future is heaps more important than winning in 2015. I have been very critical of the likes of Bird in the halves in the past but if Roberts injury is short term I would support it in this instance.

Fingers crossed that he is OK!!

The ruck Defence this afternoon was rubbish & showed how much Friend means to this team, Mosely is one or two seasons away from looking close to being an NRL player ....very thankful for the win today , our GF is next Friday night
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 26-03-16 at 11:55 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

The first half showed how courageous Greg Bird is. He was absolutely belted several times and never stopped bouncing back. He copped a face palm at marker which sat him on his back. That should have been a penalty. Later when the fracas started he was head butted on the ground. I know we have all commented in past seasons on his attempts at milking penalties but tonight he was treated very poorly by the refs.
    I loved the grinding win, Shillo was rocks and diamonds, Pulu, Zeb and McQueen were very solid. Our last tackle options were not great tonight, but enough of them came off to get the chocolates.

Canberra's last few matches where they have faded out in the last quarter could be a sign that only eight interchanges will not favour the teams with big boppers. They carved us up early through the middle and then our fitter more mobile forwards were running at a defence that looked totally gassed.
    I normally watch the replay before allocating points, however I am pretty sure Big Dark will be getting a chunk of mine.

The Raiders will be a lot better with Sezer/Austin but our blokes were the epitome of unbroken.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans could lose points for 14 men

Gold Coast somehow got out of Canberra with a victory, but their two competition points could be in jeopardy due to and interchange mix-up.

Titans prop David Shillington is believed to have strayed on to the field of play while five-eighth Tyrone Roberts was seeking treatment for a knee injury.

TOP STORIES
    Melbourne to hit market for outside backs
    Reynolds, Mbye make pact to stay Bulldogs for life
    Ultimately, Roberts stayed in play for as long as he could to save the team an interchange and coach Neil Henry, who questioned why the interchange official would hand over the substitution card before Roberts was off the field, said Shillington was on the field for only "about five seconds".

If Shillington is found to have run on to the field before Roberts was over the sideline, the Titans risk losing two points that also came about in controversial circumstances.

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/titans-cou...koBsGsQscie.99

Best part of that game was the players reactions when they knew they had won it. Good to see us celebrate as a team. There is improvement needed across the park defensively and credit is due for McQueen in containing Papalli tonight as well as everyone mentioned above.

Hopefully we can sign Friend for another year because he is the difference between last years and this years team.

I'm still happy for us to sign more backs.

Good, lucky win.

I dont think we'll lose any points over the shillington thing. He was on for less then 5 seconds and never left the ingoal, leaving once he saw tyrone was staying. t's more of an issue with the ground official for letting him on in the first place.

Very gritty result, proves that even though you mightn't have big name players you only need solid ones who are commited to their roles. Taylor is a superstar in the making, possibly better then DCE and he's a homemade Queensland kid. winner buy their. Him and Elgey should win us a premiership in years to come. Pulu has also suprised me, he's doing very good. Not sure how pettybourne is going to get back into the side.

When Roberts went down yesterday my mind flashed back to in 2013 when Cartwright used Zillman in the no. 6. Hopefully common sense prevails and we get to see either Cullen or even Birdy play in the halves over Zillman and Morts. Need Friend back too, we should really look at signing a good defensive hooker for next year. But i'd be more than happy if we signed segeyaro regardless. We need more creativity out of dummy half, and mosely shows signs of that, but he's just not ready yet, maybe another 1-2 years and he'll be right. Maybe friend can stay for another year and Segeyaro off the bench?

I don't think we need sarginson or Hurrell. Having seen how Gl went yesterday in the U20's i think he has great potential. Olive has really impressed me, and so has Davis. We got Carty jr coming through our U20's as a second rower and he looks alright. haven't seen BK in a while but he was looking good. maybe introduce some fo these kids to QLD cup?

Anyway, we are playing a different feel of footy this year and people are starting to recognise that. Very good time to be a GC supporter. Our future looks bright and as long as the NRL keeps us out of the way of Greg Florimo, I sense a bright future for the Titans.

When it's all said and done I look back on previous years and just feel there is a huge lift in their belief. Stability in and around the club, good leadership and structure , players stepping up and just believing in themselves. It's such, for me anyway , a refreshing feeling rather than that out of the stomach churning from years gone by.

Some of the comments on this game and others, seemingly ignore the fact that we have and had some of our top playmakers out. As usual there is criticism aplenty. All gets a bit old to me to be honest.

I'd rather stay on this bus so I guess those that don't want the ride can get off. Support these blokes and the coaching staff, we are winning games people and everyone had us as wooden spooners before a ball was kicked.

These guys won't win the comp this year but I will be looking for them in the top 8 if they can maintain and improve what they are doing now.

I am so thankful we have King in charge.

Keep it going fellas a great result.

I watched the game with a mate at a local pub. It really was a great victory built on the Titans spirit not to give in. To claw back all those points late in the game was impressive. As Pete said we really missed Friend, it was telling.

I don't think our points are at risk either. I hope Roberts is ok.

Always hard to win in Canberra and you could hear how hostile the crowd was. Another famous victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels
    Anyway, we are playing a different feel of footy this year and people are starting to recognise that. Very good time to be a GC supporter. Our future looks bright and as long as the NRL keeps us out of the way of Greg Florimo, I sense a bright future for the Titans.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dont know why people are blowing up about that Try call? The touchy called he saw the ball on the ground(which I think it did as it as it was cm's away from the ground before it goes out of view with a Canberra player falling on it, hence forcing it down even more).
    Sure the cameras didnt show it on the ground, but the linesman had a different angle from behind, prob the best spot to see it. He called it, move on. Just saw Johns blowing up about it on the Sunday Footy Show, but I dont think he understood he linesman called he saw it on the ground.
    anyway, Olive is looking good, however one more off-season in the gym will do him wonders I rkn... Anyone else think he is lacking that muscle when you look at him? I think you cant bring Davis back in, Its Olives spot to lose. Any ideas why he changed sides? I thought he was right side and hoffman was left?

If it had gone the other way I would have blown up, that's just how it is. It went our way (for once!!) so enjoy it.

Well the linesman saw it on the ground and called it... wasnt really luck if he saw it down.

Another thing, the 14 man thing... I thought the fact the NRL has their own offical looking after it puts them at fault. Watching back the vison he would of thought roberts went off the far side(he was pretty much touching the sideline) then he took shillingtons card as he thought he was off, thats not our blue. Cant see us getting docked two points due to it seeing he was on for 2 secs.

Inactive User

Another thing, the 14 man thing... I thought the fact the NRL has their own offical looking after it puts them at fault. Watching back the vison he would of thought roberts went off the far side(he was pretty much touching the sideline) then he took shillingtons card as he thought he was off, thats not our blue. Cant see us getting docked two points due to it seeing he was on for 2 secs.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing in it. We don't even deserve a fine. It's not even a molehill. The NSW/Brisbane hate media especially the Brisbane hate media will do their best to pump it up.