Default Here come the Magpies

"Billionaire developer Harry Triguboff won’t outlay $5.4m to keep Balmain Tigers alive"

As a lifelong supporter of Western Suburbs this headline gives me a little hope. It may not happen overnight but I'll be mighty pleased when Balmain are given the shaft and the mighty magpies return to where they belong.

I can never wish that on any club lover. It's a terrible fate to lose your club. Gold Coast fans can atest.

Hopefully a balance can be found. I preferred when the Wests Tigers came in and they a Balmain colour jersey and a Wests one. The Wests always did seem to get shafted early on.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I sorta agree with DieHard on this one (although that article is a pretty good laugh). It would be a shame for almost a century of Balmain Tigers to essentially go down the drain much like that of the Chargers and other gold coast teams before it. Hopefully the Tigers and Magpies can reach an agreement on how to make it work. Having said that, i think it is a little bit rediculous that althought the west tigers are a merged club, the ownership is broken up into Wests and Blamain, as opposed to merging the shares into an actual West Tigers club which allows funding from the seperate fan bases. bit perplexing.

I think we also have to acknowledge that there is a generation of younger fans who never saw the Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers play.

Disrupting and stripping them of their team would be tragic and traumatic.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER