Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I just got home myself and it felt great once again walking out of the stadium on a high, especially with my Tigers supporter brother and his family. This same brother and my f...k..t ex son in law who when we got the spoon gave me hell and each time I saw them would give me a wooden spoon each. Made it even sweeter tonight. I prayed last year they would get the spoon so I could send them each one in the mail, hopefully one day I can repay the favour. The Legion are awesome and the atmosphere is fantastic there now. Seem to be a heap more of them too. Donkeys losing made my weekend,now just need Manly to get flogged on Monday night and my week will be complete.

can we get a straw poll on the drums at the game?

it got mentioned in commentary tonight i heard from someone, and i wonder what others think?

I really don't care for it, but it doesn't really bother me and it doesn't add much for the crowd / game, but id be interested to hear others thoughts. maybe if i were closer to that section it would annoy me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Just got home and it's interesting reading the comments up to the 20 minute mark or so. I agree with all that was said and I really wondered just where we were going that first 20 as it was as bad as we have dished up for a while........but that would be one of the first games I can recall for a while where we lifted and turned it around. It seemed to coincide with Ryan James coming on.

Hard to fault too much after a win like that but Bird was great again and most forwards were solid. I also thought Dougy went well when he came on. Friend went well as well especially as he copped another knock. I'll forgive Don as he usually doesn't make many errors and Hoff picked up after a tragic start. I thought Olive went pretty well and hits the line better than Nene who seems to prop as he meets the defence.

I'll watch the replay now less the first 20.
    watch his first hit up. after gettign smashed up for 25 odd minutes, he comes on, immediately gets a metre or two after contact, and a quick play the ball and the kicker had good time to get a long kick away. It ended up rolling dead, but James provided the space that hadn't been there earlier.
    I cant stress enough for everyone to watch him a bit closer, which is hard without his signature hair anymore, but i promise you will see a player who would be close to the coaches favourite every week for all the small things he does that make a huge difference and benefits the players around him. And he isnt making many erros, and almost zero penalties. he is a different player and entirely for the better.

this post isn't a dig at you MT for not thinking he was much chop last week - just a plea to everyone as he looks to the naked eye to be a passenger, but he is as important as anyone to our successful periods of play

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    can we get a straw poll on the drums at the game?

it got mentioned in commentary tonight i heard from someone, and i wonder what others think?

I really don't care for it, but it doesn't really bother me and it doesn't add much for the crowd / game, but id be interested to hear others thoughts. maybe if i were closer to that section it would annoy me.
    I don't really mind whatever the Legion do to make some noise as our home games are like attending bloody church it's so quiet. Our fans are so polite we never give it to the refs generally whereas you watch the Souffs ferals and they are blueing about offside from the first minute to the last. So any noise and the drums are ok by me. Like you I wouldn't want to be sitting in front of drummer boy but where they are located means that very few other supporters would be affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng;373617

[B
    this post isn't a dig at you MT for not thinking he was much chop last week[B] - just a plea to everyone as he looks to the naked eye to be a passenger, but he is as important as anyone to our successful periods of play
    All good mate. I didn't think he was great last week but it was equally important I gave him a wrap this week because the team definitely seemed to lift when he got on. Which begs the question whether he is more value coming off the bench when you run the risk of the game getting away from us (like tonight) or starting him and being on the front foot from the start. I'm not sure myself which is the best way to go. It is great to see the penalties gone from his game as well as the errors.

We have to put Hoffman to fullback.. I think David mead is one of our best players week in week out and he's an awesome fullback.. The only problem is Hoffman really can't defend at centre.. And when you look at the try josh setup for ash it was literally a running fullback play that he ran and busted through.. So I guess I'm saying we may lose a little by putting Meady back on the wing but what we gain with Hoffman only having to do cover tackles at fullback would be what's best for our defense . 1. Hoff 2 Mead 3 Olive 4 Davis 5 Don... Tonight for me 3 Taylor 2 James 1 Nene

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    We have to put Hoffman to fullback.. I think David mead is one of our best players week in week out and he's an awesome fullback.. The only problem is Hoffman really can't defend at centre.. And when you look at the try josh setup for ash it was literally a running fullback play that he ran and busted through.. So I guess I'm saying we may lose a little by putting Meady back on the wing but what we gain with Hoffman only having to do cover tackles at fullback would be what's best for our defense . 1. Hoff 2 Mead 3 Olive 4 Davis 5 Don... Tonight for me 3 Taylor 2 James 1 Nene
    I see your pt and I too think Hoffy is a liability at centre but Mead is punching out some serious mtrs at the back plus the team is winning.

There is a monster hiding around the corner and his name is William Zillman
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

just for interest ash kicked 5 of 5 goals- hopefully keeps that comming - makes a big difference extra 10 points

btw who will do our field goals? prob ash?

QLD Cup

Great win but could have done without the Tigers tries at the death. I look forward to the day the Titans can strangle a team and really ram home an advantage. That said, I don't know what the score would have been in the first twenty minutes, if Friendy hadn't been desperately tackling Tedesco as he came through the middle with daylight in front of him. I am warming to the team, and look forward to continued improvement.

Rep Player

Great game tonight after easily our worst opening 20 minutes of the season. Like we did at the start of the game against the storm last week we look like we will be able to hang in their and settle down and complete sets. Ash and Roberts kicking games also helps by getting us out of trouble. Great performance last night even though we left a few points on the table through silly errors. Like that we are building a bit of a fortress at home. If we keep winning they will come.

Just read in the Courier Mail that Ash Taylor was hospitalised during the week due to a car accident. He was apparently sitting in traffic on the M1 and a car rear ended him going 100km/hr. He said he had a bit of whiplash and soreness but was OK. Considering how he played last night, it is quite remarkable.

What a fabulous win last night. I admit I went to bed early and really didn't expect to see us get the win. I piked just before halftime so I missed the good stuff. What I did see though was Josh Hoffman being a turnstile. His defence is a massive worry.

I couldn't make the game, was working on the local election. But managed to make it home with a pizza before kick off.

We were just woeful in the first half, but it a much improved effort in the second.

And that is ANOTHER home win!

Was beautiful to score 30 unanswered points in 25mins.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    What I did see though was Josh Hoffman being a turnstile. His defence is a massive worry.
    Yes but at least in this game he scored a try and set another up.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yes but at least in this game he scored a try and set another up.
    He would make a really good winger. Quality finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    He would make a really good winger. Quality finisher.
    He should be on the wing if he's not at FB, I think even Zilly defends alot better than him at centre. Hoffy would be a big upgrade on Nene at wing simply because he does things alot more urgently, is safer and carries the ball back stronger.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

We are a new style of team this year. We have several forwards who charge in and bend the line. Aggi is a star with the best yet to come. The improvement week to week from Levi Pulu has been outstanding. Birdy and Rhino are well down on previous penalty counts. Chris McQueen hangs tough and looks an ideal bash brother for Birdy and Rhino We have kickers who give us opportunity to score, Tyrone kicks them out of sight when we are in trouble and Ash has pinpoint finesse near the goal line. Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers. Hopefully there will be further improvement from Nathan Davis and Nene McDonald ,they both are works in progress with huge upside. Olive could be anything, we are yet to see the best of Moseley and with the prospect of Brian Kelly , Lawton and G.L. yet to get a taste the future is much improved on last years roster.
    I am cautious of this years prospects as it will be a long season for some in their first year, but super excited for future seasons.
    Shillo has taken away Miles role of giving away dopey penalties assisted by Zeb.