Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    We are a new style of team this year. We have several forwards who charge in and bend the line. Aggi is a star with the best yet to come. The improvement week to week from Levi Pulu has been outstanding. Birdy and Rhino are well down on previous penalty counts. Chris McQueen hangs tough and looks an ideal bash brother for Birdy and Rhino We have kickers who give us opportunity to score, Tyrone kicks them out of sight when we are in trouble and Ash has pinpoint finesse near the goal line. Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers. Hopefully there will be further improvement from Nathan Davis and Nene McDonald ,they both are works in progress with huge upside. Olive could be anything, we are yet to see the best of Moseley and with the prospect of Brian Kelly , Lawton and G.L. yet to get a taste the future is much improved on last years roster.
    I am cautious of this years prospects as it will be a long season for some in their first year, but super excited for future seasons.
    Shillo has taken away Miles role of giving away dopey penalties assisted by Zeb.
    this post. i like it.

I must take a huge amount of offence at comparing Shillington and Taia to Myles ... they may give dopey penalties away but gee they both have a real go, unlike the famed Ole Poopy Draws who was a salary cap sponge rivalled only by the big dope himself, lump of "Coal Brained Train".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

actually i missed the bit about Zeb at the very end. still agree with rest of post, but am happy with Zeb's efforts and contribution.

Shillo is our 'most' myles like player, but not near as bad and not paid as much

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    Ash also knows how to tackle something we have missed in our halves since Matt Rogers.
    Ash's defense has come to be one of the bigger surprises out of our new guys this year. I honestly thought someone would have to carry him in that area, but he has proven he can hold his own quite effectively. Though I do worry a little when he throws himself at some of the bigger fellas.

Biggest difference between Shillington and Myles is Shillington bends the line with his carries and plays the ball at a decent speed. Yes he drops the ball every now and then and gives away the occasional penalty but he has way more upside from the short sample we have already.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Biggest difference between Shillington and Myles is Shillington bends the line with his carries and plays the ball at a decent speed. Yes he drops the ball every now and then and gives away the occasional penalty but he has way more upside from the short sample we have already.
    It was good too see myles drop a sitter today

Quote Originally Posted by gothabull View Post
    It was good too see myles drop a sitter today
    Was that pun intended?

It was shamus I'd had a few beers

First game of the season I've made it down for (I live in the land of the Donkeys!). Confusing game with the Titans looking like last years Titans for the first half and looking unstoppable for the second. Thought I might share some pics.

Happy 100th for Tyrone

Ryan starts us off in the second half much to Badge's amazement!

Mead gets the better of Naiqama

Hmmm...maybe this is why Mum always warned me to wear clean underwear...

We've had some good offseason recruiting with Chris McQueen, Tyrone Roberts Zeb Taia and Ash Taylor, but none better than Karlee!
    Attached Images Attached Images