Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 1: TITANS vs KNIGHTS

GOLD COAST TITANS vs NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
    Sunday 06 Mar 2016, 3:30pm, Cbus Super Stadium

Tickets: TBA
    Memberships: http://membership.titans.com.au/
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-02-16 at 02:42 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Staff writers
    Mon, Feb 15, 2016 - 05:08PM

Titans front-rower Luke Douglas is in danger of missing Round 1 through suspension, one of two players charged by the NRL Match Review Committee from the weekend's NRL trials.

Douglas faces the prospect of missing the Titans' season-opener against the Knights for his grade one carless high tackle on Parramatta counterpart Daniel Alvaro, with a prior non-similar offence in the past two years and 75 carryover points meaning even an early guilty plea would result in a one-match ban. Despite his Round 1 ban, Douglas would be free to play in any further trials for his club as his charge was below a grade three.

Sea Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence was cited for a grade one dangerous contact – head/neck charge for an incident involving Matt Prior, but with an early guilty plea attracting a penalty of 75 carryover points and a prior good record, Lawrence won't miss any game time should he elect to take the early plea.

http://m.nrl.com/douglas-facing-roun...1/default.aspx
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

.@GCTitans forward Luke Douglas takes early plea for careless high tackle, will miss round 1 #NRL

Source FoxSport.

https://twitter.com/foxsportsnews/st...37769840459778
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Bit of a puff piece regarding the bench spots. Personally if yesterdays rumours of Mortimer heading back to Sydney next year are true then I think I would prefer to persevere with Moseley (if he's fit) this year. But because I'm hearing Daniel Mortimer on the radio for James Frizelle I guess I know what's happening.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...5a7696061828ee

- - - Updated - - -

Bit more info on Nene and his possible replacement for Rd 1

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...4f4a0c9faec340

Titanic marketing strategy following:

C'mon you pussies, register for our Fantasy and Tipping comps and ... ya friggin' sheilas!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't know what is going on with ticket sales to this game. Just checked the Ticketek site and 5 bays on the eastern side are showing no tickets available as well as about 7 bays on the western side and 3 bays at the northern end. As per last year the entire south end is showing none available. In other words tickets are being sold in about 10 bays only if what is on the Ticketek plan is right. I know some have to be held to give new season ticket holders a choice but this seems over the top. I don't like one end being blocked off as it just looks amateurish but if more bays are blocked off that would just about do me.
    Anyone know what the story is.

I'm tipping the Titans for Round 1.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't know what is going on with ticket sales to this game. Just checked the Ticketek site and 5 bays on the eastern side are showing no tickets available as well as about 7 bays on the western side and 3 bays at the northern end. As per last year the entire south end is showing none available. In other words tickets are being sold in about 10 bays only if what is on the Ticketek plan is right. I know some have to be held to give new season ticket holders a choice but this seems over the top. I don't like one end being blocked off as it just looks amateurish but if more bays are blocked off that would just about do me.
    Anyone know what the story is.
    Well they only just starting selling match tickets a week or so ago... I'm gonna take a look.

I had a similar problem when booking seats for the Broncos game but found it happened because I used the back button to change my options and the system didn't like that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Knights look like naming 5 debutantes for Rd 1 and the books still have us as underdogs!! If we don't start fav in this game we will not start fav in a game all season long. The only other real chance would be Rd 2 v The Tigers.

I think we are pretty good value straight up if you want to have a bet on the opener. Even money at home to a bad team with 5 players having their first game looks good to me.

yeah i think this is perfect for us. unless Nathan Brown knows something we dont. I actually like that he going balls out.

but really it means we should win, and tigers in round 3 should be a win if we are any chance of being competitive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah i think this is perfect for us. unless Nathan Brown knows something we dont. I actually like that he going balls out.

but really it means we should win, and tigers in round 3 should be a win if we are any chance of being competitive this year.
    We need to be 2-1 at the worst to start the year.

Zilly may be out for the Knights game. On Zero Tackle.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Zilly may be out for the Knights game. On Zero Tackle.
    How that Condon bloke gets rehired every year is beyond me