Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NRL Fantasy League 2016

I didn't want to jack the other thread, so ....

NRL FANTASY LEAGUE 2016

League Name: LeagueOfTitans
    League Code: KALALKHX

https://fantasy.nrl.com/classic/index.html#/team

See you there

im in, better at fantasy then supercoach anyway. still play both though

I'm in too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hell Yeah to the teams that have joined so far

We still need a fair few more teams to join though.

Here are the 2016 Prizes:

MAJOR PRIZE (MVP)
    The Overall Winner (highest score after 26 rounds) of NRL Fantasy Classic will win $15,000 cash and an Official NRL Fantasy Champions Ring

CLUB CHAMPION
    The highest overall NRL Fantasy Classic point scorer from each of the 16 NRL clubs will win a $200 NRLShop.com voucher

THURSDAY MATCH DAY WINNER
    The highest point scorer each week (will be available for the 18 Thursday games of the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership season) of the NRL Fantasy Thursday Match Day competition will win a $500 cheque

TEST MATCH DAY WINNER
    The highest point scorer of the NRL Fantasy Test Match Day competition will win a signed and framed Test Match Jersey (or replica)

ORIGIN MATCH DAY WINNER
    Each winner with the highest point score of NRL Fantasy Origin Match Day (3 games during the year) will win a signed and framed Origin Game Ball (or replica)

FINALS MATCH DAY WINNER
    The highest overall point scorer of the NRL Finals Test Match Day competition will win a $2,000 cheque

If there are any Reddit users here, feel free to post the League Name and Code over at r/NRL ~ the more tits fans the better.

Would love to hear people's thoughts on potential cash cows, must haves and busts for 2016. I'm finding it much harder to get a squad together this year... Interestingly, I think the titans have the most good fantasy buys we've had in a fair few seasons.
    Last edited by K2G; 29-02-16 at 09:56 PM.

You forgot = Bragging Rights is > all that other poop.

I'm in
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

anybody know the Titans official Tipping and/or Fantasy codes?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    anybody know the Titans official Tipping and/or Fantasy codes?
    Do they have one??? If so, I haven't see it. I wonder if players are allowed to tip/play fantasy. It would be an excellent fan engagement strategy.

As for the LeagueOfTitans NRL Fantasy League ... We're almost halfway full. Need more teams ASAP.

K2Gs Round 1 Fantasy tips:

This will be a recurring post each week, mostly to amuse myself... For round 1, I will focus on which of the Titans squad might help, or hurt your push to the Fantasy League trophy - or Bragging Rights *cough* 360th over-all last year, and 3rd in the Titans verified league *cough*

Good

Ash Taylor - Basement price 80 minute players are golden. Ones who play in key positions are even better. Ash will potentially be the best cash cow on our roster this year. I don't see him being a big point scorer (I'd say around 20-30 points per round average), especially over the first few rounds, and I also worry about his durability to play week in week out footy, but while he is fit, he WILL make you money.

Bad

Agnatius Paasi - Bad as in 'BassA$$ ... At 267K Paasi isn't 'cheap' ~ but after such a strong pre-season which can only have pushed him up Henry's ... pecking order, Paasi is now a starting prop who can play big minutes. He can break tackles, off-load, and was pumping out LBAs and TAs during the nines like a Gallen+Parker love child. With a high work-rate, I cannot see Aggy's price going down could any time soon. He could be huge in Fantasy this year and is my Stone Cold player of the round. I bet 'Paasi For Mayor' has got my back on this one.

Ugly

Consistent and Determined. Two words which best describe our own captain William Zillman. There's not a more consistently disappointing player than Zilly, who always seems determined to not only achieve terrible fantasy scores for himself, but undermine the fantasy scores of every other player in our back-line with his mis-timed runs, bombed tries, handling errors or defensive mishaps on crucial plays in critical field position. As frustrating in fantasy as in reality, it's going to be truly difficult not to pick Will Zillman in this category every week - which is ironic, because I'm usually GREAT at not wanting him picked for anything, ever.

I hope to see you all in the LeageOfTitans League (code: KALALKHX). Get your mates, partners and mates-partners to join too. Bragging rights all 'round
    Last edited by K2G; 01-03-16 at 09:21 PM.

Is it ok if my mate joins our league? He is a Sharks fan first and foremost, but the Titans are his 2nd team...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Is it ok if my mate joins our league? He is a Sharks fan first and foremost, but the Titans are his 2nd team...
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    NO worries ... like his team he'll never win anything ... just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    NO worries ... like his team he'll never win anything ... just kidding
    *team(s)

Anyone whose first team is the sharks, and second team is the titans is obviously very well adjusted to losing...

So who would've thought Oats would've been the highest scoring Corey to play tonight? Can he keep the big scores up from the wing?

Good to see JR kept quiet. He looked better in Blue, Yellow and White.

Told my best mate that Oates was a waste of space Jimmy the Joke.

Jimmy won't keep his spot at the Broncos. He'll get found out too much in defense. Never first man in on a tackle. Never comes in and looks for the ball for a scoot on the first couple of exit set plays. Still not fit enough and then the moron gives an interview to channel 9 and says " I have more speed than oxford street". Absolute moron.

Personally, I'm lookin' forward to when the Bennett-Roberts bromance bubble bursts. It's a comin' with two personalities like them, it's only a matter of time.